• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wasn't Acosta a Dallas guy too?

NML

y’all still clueless about this sport. miss me with the “fire greggggggg” talk

5 points and they missed at various times steffen, gio, pulisic, dest, musah, weah, and mckennie. nbd just seven of their best eight players

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Okay, chibob.

Performance reminded me of the US under Bob Bradley. Get the team selection wrong, make the right changes after playing like shit, and come back and win the game.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
This game is only on something called a Paramount+?

uhh-ok.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
And Universo which on YTTV is below approximately 200 cable news channels

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I thought we put the Bob Bradley era behind us. Going behind early and then dominating and winning. At least we got the win.

6 points against Mexico and @ Jamaica would be huge. I doubt they can play they have this round and get that, though.

Snorky's Shame

Looks like Canada-United States in January will be played at BC Place in Vancouver. Good break for the US as Canada’s November games against Mexico and Costa Rica are in Edmonton. Only bad thing is FieldTurf.

Probably means the two home qualifiers the US has in that window will be on the West Coast.

El Salvador in San Jose and Honduras in Los Angeles perhaps.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I wonder if the US Soccer would consider putting a grass field in Portland and/or Seattle. It'd cost too much money I bet-- but Portland would be a great home field advantage.

I highly doubt US would play a Central American opponent in LA. I bet game 2 would be Denver/SLC before there. Small MLS venues and cold weather. Plus altitude because we are (in theory) way fitter than those sides.

Snorky's Shame

I wonder if the US Soccer would consider putting a grass field in Portland and/or Seattle. It'd cost too much money I bet-- but Portland would be a great home field advantage.

I highly doubt US would play a Central American opponent in LA. I bet game 2 would be Denver/SLC before there. Small MLS venues and cold weather. Plus altitude because we are (in theory) way fitter than those sides.

Wouldn’t Seattle be off limits for at least the first qualifier seeing that the stadium could possibly be used for a possible NFC championship game? (Yes I’ve seen the standings, yes I know Wilson is going to be out for a few weeks but as long as the possibility exists you can’t schedule the first qualifier in Seattle)

Are RioTinto and DSG Park winterized? As in heated pipes and field. I know BMO in Toronto only recently had that done. I’m thinking they are but you never know.

Honduras can’t be at an NFL stadium, they travel too well. Went to the qualifier between Honduras and the US in Chicago in 2009. At best the crowd was 50/50 but it probably was a pro-Honduras crowd in a city with a small Honduran community.

Does Anchorage have a large enough stadium? Fuck it go to Pullman.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I’m pretty sure the Dick has heated grass. I think it would need to have games during the whole MLS season.

I was at that same game in Chicago in 2009. It was a pretty pro-Honduras crowd, especially when the beers started flying.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wouldn't you get WAY less Central Americans on the west coast than Chicago or definitely the east coast? Thought the Hispanic population in CA was largely Mexican.

Although I guess it doesn't really matter, all you need is like 10-15k willing to go to the game to overwhelm the US fans.