• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

VeterNons Committee GOAT Nomination Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I highly recommend we limit conversation in this thread to just nominations or close to it. I was about to nominate ESTEBAN PAZ to the HOG, only to realize he made it in on his 9th year on the ballot? Instead, I'm going to nominate one of the greatest playoff pitchers of all time:

LEONARDO "GET A BRAIN," MORAN

Moran enjoyed a 16 year career, all with the Hammers organization, putting up 56.8 USELESS PITCHER WARS, just short of 2000 Ks. with 16 Complete Games and 4 shutouts. His unique resume, however, stands out on it's own.

On October 6th, 2060, Leonardo Moran made WBL history in an opening round playoff game against long-time rivals Amsterdam. He put up a score line of 9IP, 13Ks, 27 up, 27 down, the only playoff no-hitter in WBL history. Moran is one of just 4 players with multiple no-hitters, alongside Cesar Marrero, Brent Lane, and Santiago Salas, as he no-hit Little Rock in 2055.

Moran has 4.9 USELESS PITCHER WARS in the playoffs, with two rings in 2060 and 2065. His accomplishment in 2060 as well as his continued presence as the workhorse #2 on that Helga staff for years behind Cross, coupled with his baffling un-appearance on the HOG ballot following his retirement, warrants a shot for voters to GET A BRAIN and vote Moran in.

@Orlando

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I nominate Donovan Crews and Ryan Williams as a Siamese Twin 1B/2B for LRM.

Reasons:
1. Nobody from this franchise is currently in the HALL OF GOATS
2. These two held down the infield for the worst team in baseball for a decade and never played for another team
3. If you add their stats together you have a compelling HALL OF GOATS candidate with 40 WARS WON!!

Donovan Crews:
1566262360709.png

Ryan Williams:
1566262523484.png

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I nominate Donovan Crews and Ryan Williams as a Siamese Twin 1B/2B for LRM.

Reasons:
1. Nobody from this franchise is currently in the HALL OF GOATS
2. These two held down the infield for the worst team in baseball for a decade and never played for another team
3. If you add their stats together you have a compelling HALL OF GOATS candidate with 40 WARS WON!!

Donovan Crews:
View attachment 8706

Ryan Williams:
View attachment 8707

long_time_star_wars.gif

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He definitely deserves it, good nomination. I was gonna name the Tralfamadorian Player award after him or FAZ when I give it next year.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll just auto add him, no need to vote. I forgot he wasn't on the ballot. One of the two best ever players from Texas along with ToGo

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh good, we need another AMD player in the hall, that's exactly what the VETERANS committee is for! Lets ram some more HAVES in!

Claudio is one of the many Catcher GOATS who aren't in the hall and still much better than fivespot.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Oh good, we need another AMD player in the hall, that's exactly what the VETERANS committee is for! Lets ram some more HAVES in!

Claudio is one of the many Catcher GOATS who aren't in the hall and still much better than fivespot.

Didn't realize we had set up another handout station for league losers, got it.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think my favorite thing about Peder is that Buffalo isn't even listed as his best team, Bangkok is! :laughing: