• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 6 2015

Brick

This may be the best quote Ive ever heard...Regarding Mizzou last year @ Florida.

Former Gators linebacker Michael Taylor: "The last two years we played them, they were just upstanding citizens. You would talk mess and would say something disrespectful to them and they were just like, 'OK.' They were just nice guys helping you off the field. And they were good, which kind of disturbed me. Like, 'Say something, talk trash, do something.' Don't just be nice."
now @Keith1212's least favorite team.

bruin

SMU-Houston is /engaged

About 40k at Kickoff at the Coliseum.

"A rare Thursday night game at the Coliseum...."- Tess

no shit

bruin

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Washington. those purple on the road/black at home solid color on the shoulder pads are the worst

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
:laughing:

Funny you bring those games up: I'm strongly considering taking UT and Mizzou. Really, if Butch Jones wasn't such a corch it'd be a no brainer for me: UGA's current QB's make Hutson Mason look like an All-American.

@Brick The Pitt line already jumped to -10:djscripclub:

Cha-ching

Brick

USC fucking sucks. Just move on to the next corch already. I hate these no identity spread offenses.

SPREAD FOR SPREAD'S SAKE

Sark and Corch Pete have both fallen for this shit. Stick for your roots bros. Where are the fucking fullbacks?

Tedford cackling and rolling a blunt.

Put Browning under center, find a running back, build a mong offense based on PA.

Brick

I am so tired of these useless hybrid spread shotgun offenses. Go read option DickRod style or Air Raid or GTFO. Nothing in between.

PSUEagle

You have to remember coaches in general aren't that smart. Herd mentality exists among most (not unlike other fields I guess).

FWIW the offense I wished you'd see more bottom feeders (Kansas, Iowa State, etc.) run is the Georgia Tech/Navy triple option. You're not going to beat teams with more talent (Baylor, TCU, OU, etc.) trying to play like them GOING FAST, so why not run something unconventional that will shorten the game and give you a better chance of staying close and maybe pulling off an upset or two?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
You have to remember coaches in general aren't that smart. Herd mentality exists among most (not unlike other fields I guess).

FWIW the offense I wished you'd see more bottom feeders (Kansas, Iowa State, etc.) run is the Georgia Tech/Navy triple option. You're not going to teams with more talent (Baylor, TCU, OU, etc.) trying to play like them GOING FAST, so why not run something unconventional that will shorten the game and give you a better chance of staying close and maybe pulling off an upset or two?

I always thought that was a big part of the reason that the service academies seemed to favor the triple option. It gave their teams, which typically had zero NFL-caliber players on them, and offensive lines that were 30-50lbs. lighter than other teams' lines, a fighting chance of winning games against teams with superior talent.

I suppose the spread is an offense in the same spirit - but you need atholetes to make it work effectively.

PSUEagle

There are a lot of "old school" offenses at the high school level that would work in college with a few schematic tweaks, the Wing T being one.

One area that teams (especially most of the offenses that still go under center sometimes) don't take advantage of is misdirection IMO. Being a two back running team is great, but why wouldn't you run plays like Trap or even QB Midline?

bruin

UCLA doesn't use the FB either.

Nate Iese is a beast, typical Kennedy Polamalu type FB. Yet, doesn't lead block, or catch the ball in the flat, etc.. Except a Huge drop last week to start the 2nd half.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Am unable to watch the game (following it on yahoo sports), so what's up? UW steal Sarkisian's playbook? Kessler has more picks than he's had all season up to this point.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Kessler just feels like such a fair-weather quarterback. When things are going good (for the whole team), he's really good. When things aren't going so well, he's really bad.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
There are a lot of "old school" offenses at the high school level that would work in college with a few schematic tweaks, the Wing T being one.

One area that teams (especially most of the offenses that still go under center sometimes) don't take advantage of is misdirection IMO. Being a two back running team is great, but why wouldn't you run plays like Trap or even QB Midline?

Michigan is running a decent amount of traps right now. It's a lot of fun.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
SC blows. Can't wait to still hear the sanctions excuses.

No excuses. Sark just sucks. Good thing he's not gonna string us along by tantalizing us with 9 win seasons on the reg and the hope that "maybe, just maybe, we'll get over the hump this year..."

FUSS FUITA

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Sark is a poor second-half corch. We are getting teased by being within a score in the 4th, but I'd be surprised if the Trojans dig deep and win this one.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
David shaw?

Shaw has a Rose Bowl win and 2 conference titles. You can argue that he won those because of Harbaugh, but Sark has probably the most talented team in the conference and does jack shit with it every year. At least Shaw showed up for a few years.

PSUEagle

Shaw>>>>>SARK

Literally didn't understand Pat Haden's thought process with that hire: Sarkisian is basically Kiffin's more outgoing Armenian brother. Any number of guys would have been better IMO.

bruin

Literally didn't understand Pat Haden's thought process with that hire: Sarkisian is basically Kiffin's more outgoing Armenian brother. Any number of guys would have been better IMO.

Haden is in over his head. RHODES SCHOLAR DOE.

New AD next fall for SC.

They shouldn't even have to leave the Pac-12 South as they look for their next head coach.

Todd+Graham+Arizona+v+Arizona+State+of_No3Bwps_l.jpg

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Shaw>>>>>SARK

Srs. Never understood why USC (Haden) wanted him so badly. It's kind of like how Mike Riley's name, over the past 15 or so years, was always circulated in USC circles when a coaching controversy popped up. Sark can recruit, but ultimately, winning is what recruits itself.

How long until Jack Del Rio gets fired by the Raiduhs?

PSUEagle

@bruin

I like your idea of Graham to Texas a lot more TBH: he'd be a great fit there. Only question is if they think they're too good to hire someone like him.

Dexil

Srs. Never understood why USC (Haden) wanted him so badly. It's kind of like how Mike Riley's name, over the past 15 or so years, was always circulated in USC circles when a coaching controversy popped up. Sark can recruit, but ultimately, winning is what recruits itself.

How long until Jack Del Rio gets fired by the Raiduhs?

You know you fucked up a hiring process when the school you got the coach from were glad he was gone (although the local University place bars def weren't).

Sark can recruit, yeah, but at USC even a wet limpdick like Kiffen could pull in guys that's just a part of being USC.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
You know you fucked up a hiring process when the school you got the coach from were glad he was gone (although the local University place bars def weren't).

Sark can recruit, yeah, but at USC even a wet limpdick like Kiffen could pull in guys that's just a part of being USC.

Yes and no. USC is obviously a high-profile name, but the recruiting prowess of Kiffin and Sark shouldn't be discounted. Previous USC corches were not so good in that regard and one in particular was disastrous when it came to recruiting.