• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
David Shaw's decision making makes him the perfect NFL head corch. I would also love to see Brian Kelly in the NFL. Him turning purple yelling at some NFL player? Oh man that would be epic.

Shaw ticks a lot of boxes to be a NFL head corch. He'll the choice, in my opinion, if Kelly says no.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think we've all had a moment like that where we have some precious thing that we're so excited about and fixated on, our whole world is revolving around that thing in this instant... Then it slips through our little paws and POOF it is gone, and we can't even believe our eyes. It was JUST here a second ago, but now we're left impotently groping at the bottom of a small puddle, then the groping gets more frantic as panic starts to set in... "no, no, no, it can't really be gone, my precious thing can't be gone, it is my favorite thing." LAWD, the heartbreak in that gif.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Pretty much. Buds daughter is the controlling owner at this point but everyone wants the family to sell.

CJ_24

Titans owners don't need ask potential coaches their feelings about the team Christmas party. That's a big deal, now, in Philly.

To be fair, it's important that the iggles be careful about their Christmas party. Afterall, philly did boo santa claus.

Bucksin04

CX7XxXXWwAAAC-p.jpg

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Take some more fucking pills, Irsay. I know life has been hard for you. Inheriting billions and an NFL team and then having Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck fall into your lap. Someone please take the fucking horseshoe out of this assclown's asshole. He makes me question whether Karma is real or not.

Bucksin04

Is there anyone that isn't happy with this though?

- Colts fans and players are happy they get their beloved coach back
- Teams that suck who have job openings are thrilled that the best job available is not even on the market to compete with
- Playoff teams that play the Colts ensure that they go up against a clueless coach in January for the next four years

evil1

Let's see, in four years Pagano has a 63% win percentage (50% in the playoffs). The only year he missed the playoffs is when his starting QB missed 10 games. His players love him and the fan base loves him.

I'm ok if you want to try to upgrade the head coach position, but who exactly is out there that you'd want to replace him with? Chip Kelly? Josh McDaniels? Mike Shanahan?

Bucksin04

Let's see, in four years Pagano has a 63% win percentage (50% in the playoffs). The only year he missed the playoffs is when his starting QB missed 10 games. His players love him and the fan base loves him.

I'm ok if you want to try to upgrade the head coach position, but who exactly is out there that you'd want to replace him with? Chip Kelly? Josh McDaniels? Mike Shanahan?

He's coached in arguably the easiest division in the history of pro football, lost 3 playoff games by an average of 25 points per game, had his 3 playoff wins come against a KC team missing Jamaal Charles, Bengals team missing 4 of their top 5 receivers, and a Broncos team led by Peyton Manning playing on a torn quad. He's under .500 against teams outside the AFC South for his career (hovering just over .500 if you strip out this year completely).

They have a franchise QB in Luck and would've been by far the most attractive coach opening on the market.

Bucksin04

Not more than the Giants. Colts have a dipshit owner and GM and less pieces to work with.

Giants have some of the best ownership in the league, better overall roster and a better qb.

That's fair. So the Colts have a top two opening on the market.

evil1

He's coached in arguably the easiest division in the history of pro football, lost 3 playoff games by an average of 25 points per game, had his 3 playoff wins come against a KC team missing Jamaal Charles, Bengals team missing 4 of their top 5 receivers, and a Broncos team led by Peyton Manning playing on a torn quad. He's under .500 against teams outside the AFC South for his career (hovering just over .500 if you strip out this year completely).

Only 1 of their playoff losses has been over 25 points (last year's 45-7 loss to New England). Given the small sample size, of course one bad game is going to exaggerate the average. It should also been noted that two of their three playoff losses under Pagano came against the eventual Super Bowl winners.

At worst, Pagano has won all of the games he should have won and lost the games he should have lost (with the exception of the Colts upset playoff victory over Denver). Given how weak the roster is outside of Luck, I personally think the Colts have slightly overachieved during Pagano's tenure.

I don't think that is a good reason to fire Pagano. More importantly, who would you replace him with? There aren't any A+ coaches out there. You are going to replace a coach, who has by objective standards, met expectations with an uproven assistant or a re-tread? That's just retarded.

Bucksin04

Only 1 of their playoff losses has been over 25 points (last year's 45-7 loss to New England). Given the small sample size, of course one bad game is going to exaggerate the average. It should also been noted that two of their three playoff losses under Pagano came against the eventual Super Bowl winners.

At worst, Pagano has won all of the games he should have won and lost the games he should have lost (with the exception of the Colts upset playoff victory over Denver). Given how weak the roster is outside of Luck, I personally think the Colts have slightly overachieved during Pagano's tenure.

I don't think that is a good reason to fire Pagano. More importantly, who would you replace him with? There aren't any A+ coaches out there. You are going to replace a coach, who has by objective standards, met expectations with an uproven assistant or a re-tread? That's just retarded.

OK, their other two losses came by 21 points and 15 points. They haven't stayed within 2 TDs of their opponent in any of their playoff losses. That's...better than losing by 25 PPG I guess?

He's a defensive coach and yet his defense gave up 40+ points per game in their losses in 2014. Every single elite QB they played lit them up.

DEN/Peyton - 31 points
PIT/Big Ben - 51 points
NE/Brady - 42 points
DAL/Romo - 42 points
NE/Brady (playoffs) - 45 points

As for replacements, hard to think who wouldn't be an improvement. Sean Payton, Adam Gase, Hue Jackson would all be improvements. Doubt Saban would leave Bama but everybody has a price and might consider it if you threw a ton of money at him.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Remember afew years ago the colts had luck and like 40 mil in cap room and spent it on Ricky Jean Francois and goster cherlious?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
So is St. Louis going to get left out? All 3 teams filed papers yesterday showing intent to move to LA for next season. Or does the league fuck the Raiders as a final fuck you to Al Davis' corpse?

Bucksin04

Remember afew years ago the colts had luck and like 40 mil in cap room and spent it on Ricky Jean Francois and goster cherlious?

2013 Colts Offseason Signings (Used this source for the signings. Research is my own):

Donald Thomas - Tore his quad in 2013 Week 2 and put on IR. Re-tore quad in July 2014. Never played football again.
Aubrayo Franklin - Played one season. Had 17 tackles. Never played football again.
Matt Hasselbeck - This guy here is dead. Cross him off.
Greg Toler - Pro Football Focus rankings among all cornerbacks by year: 2013: 79th (out of 110). 2014: 99th (Out of 108) 2015: 111th (Out of 118)
Darius Butler - PFF rank among all CBs, 2013-15: 61st, 60th, 89th
LaRon Landry - "On September 29, 2014, Landry was suspended 4 games for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing drugs. On February 11, 2015, Landry was released by the Colts. After his release, Landry was suspended for the first 10 games of the 2015 season on March 6, 2015, for another violation of the NFL policy on performance enhancing drug. On November 24, 2015, Landry was suspended for testing positive for PEDs, his third such violation of the league's performance-enhancing drug policy. This resulted in an indefinite ban as per league rules. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement 60 days before the 2 year anniversary of his suspension."
Gosder Cherilus - "On July 26, 2015, Cherilus was released by the Colts, two years into his five-year contract, having started 29 games."
Ricky Jean Francois - Signed a four year deal in 2013. Was cut in February 2015.
Lawrence Sidbury - Signed on 3/12/13. Placed on Injured Reserve 8/25/13. Never played a down for the Colts.
Stanley Havili - Traded for him on 3/28/13 with 3 years remaining on his contract. Released in November 2014
Erik Walden - Still on the team! Graded as the 41st best 3-4 OLB in the NFL this year out of 53 total players. Was 38th (out of 46) in 2014 and 29th (out of 42) in 2013

evil1

As for replacements, hard to think who wouldn't be an improvement. Sean Payton, Adam Gase, Hue Jackson would all be improvements. Doubt Saban would leave Bama but everybody has a price and might consider it if you threw a ton of money at him.

Pagano is a defensive coach without very many quality defensive players. Just look at your free agent list of horrors. I think his success in his first year and the play of Andrew Luck make people forget just how weak their overall talent has been since he has taken over the team.

You honestly think the Colts would be better off with Hugh Jackson (who has an 8-8 record as a head coach) instead of their current coach who has a 40-23 record? I really like Hugh Jackson but he simply is an unproven commodity as a head coach. Adam Gase is the same except without the previous 8-8 head coaching stint. As we have seen before, good coordinators don't always make good head coaches.

Given the track record of high profile college head coaches in the NFL (see Chip Kelly and Nick Saban 2005-2006), I also have zero faith that Nick Saban 2016 would do any better. I sure as hell would not give him the money and power it would take to get him out of Alabama. That would be an incredibly stupid decision. It is so stupid that I am shocked Irsay didn't try it and bring back Trent Richardson for the reunion.

In a neutral situation I would rank Sean Peyton ahead of Pagano, but the word is that the Saints would ask for at least a 2nd round draft pick to release him. After back to back 7-9 seasons, I'm not sure Sean Peyton is a 2nd round pick better than Pagano.

TL;DR Unless you have a superstar coaching prospect in mind, I think keeping the status quo is the better decision when the status quo has been 10-11 wins per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.