• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@doh you should really enjoy Chapter 4, which is all about being a cunt to obtain players!

Jokes aside, I'm halfway through and the book is great. Reminds me a lot of the first year I corched footbaw. I believed in ma'self and my theories about stuff, but when things actually started to come together and the team was winning it was an amazing feeling that goes way beyond the impact playing a sport does. Having everything come toghether perfectly at a whole team level is awesome. Then when things start to go wrong and you don't have direct control (as in playing) you feel helpless/worthless.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Travis and doh in a book club together, how cute!
Little do you and the rest of utopia know this is all a charade...

287635e7b1006df3312cb54240b6ee89.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm only half through but to me it is already better than moneyball to me. Give a couple of passive aggressive jake turkey stat nerds the keys to an organization and watch them hire a BTT player manager then the turf war starts.. HILARITY ENSUES. Start nerds are always so meek, lol.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Really weird he didn't want to test FA... Boras clients almost always do that. I think he would've gotten more than 175 too. He could just really like DC though too/wants @Mr. Radpants support?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Really weird he didn't want to test FA... Boras clients almost always do that. I think he would've gotten more than 175 too. He could just really like DC though too/wants @Mr. Radpants support?

One (more) blown elbow/mystery DL stint and he's another Ean Desmond/Kendrys Morales/Carlos Quinten pitching for a comeback contract. Take the money while you can and don't get (too) greedy. Look at poor Joe Mauer - looked like Johnny Bench and now he's about to hit leadoff at $25M/year. Besides, I'd guess Strasburg's hooked up with some loony church there and knew the Padres wouldn't pay him that amount.

Another great Boras asspounding of the dumbass Lerners. Can't wait to see him smoking dick on the DL or out-and-out pouting like Jayson Werthless.

TonyGin&Juice

I'm going to th T___s game tomorrow against the O's after my doctor reads me the riot act. Anyone think I should bring my cleats with me? I can still hit 85 on the gun.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Scummiest Maryland locals in front of me drinking from a flask and talking shit to Tigers no name CF, who then promptly helped gun down the Nats potential tying run at the plate.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Oh and he's got a chew in, and is absolutely swimming in what must be smallest available NhL replica Jersey

TonyGin&Juice

Scummiest Maryland locals in front of me drinking from a flask and talking shit to Tigers no name CF, who then promptly helped gun down the Nats potential tying run at the plate.

Don't you just love Nats "fans"? It's always great when the O's come to town and pound them like a $2 whore and all of the Pigtown Billies get to pour smuggled in Natty Boh on some Clarendon Needledick.

TonyGin&Juice

Have you seen the shitshow in Atlanta? It's like watching a fucking AA team.

Indeed I have (against the Nasty Nats opening week) but I hadn't looked at their recent roster until just now. This is sad. I didn't know Reid Brignac was still alive, much less in Major League Baseball.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Pythagoras is not a phan.

Right now, I believe, the Phils are playing +6/+7 ball according to Pythagoras.

T Joseph to make his major league debut at first base tonight. Joseph has a slash line of .347/.370/.611 at Lehigh Valley (AAA). Joseph was drafted in the 2nd round in 2009 as a catcher. After a series of concussions in 2014, the Phils moved him from catcher to first base.

Darin Ruf optioned to AAA. Ruf has put up the mind-boggling slash line of .158/.206/.193 :scared: Only 2 doubles and 4 walks in 61 plate appearances.