• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This has been known since the season started basically. Fredi is not a good manager. He should go take a couple months off and come back as a bench coach or one of those special consultant type deals for a team. Hopefully the braves will find someone that can handle the young talent coming up well

Lol, what was he supposed to do with that collection of shitheads? Win?

Braves front office is pulling a WBL-esque tanking effort and they fire the manager.

:nebraskaman:

ebarws6

stAy
Khris Davis hits 3 HR tonight including a walkoff grand slam after Danny Valencia hit 3 HR with a GW 2-run shot on Sunday. I luv jonrónes

Wolfman21

Lol, what was he supposed to do with that collection of shitheads? Win?

Braves front office is pulling a WBL-esque tanking effort and they fire the manager.

:nebraskaman:

Because he wasn't a good manager when they had talent. If you don't want a guy as your manager moving forward, it doesn't matter how much talent he has.

Schauwn

That seems like a long way off but I welcome the news. Going to a Rangers game in July or August is a miserable experience.

In other Rangers news, I'm not optimistic that Sam Dyson is an improvement over Tolleson at closer. Maybe he'll surprise me, though.

As an Astros fan, I would prefer it if the Rangers stuck with Tolleson for the rest of the season. See if he figures it out...

My impression from the article is that they will move to the new park before the lease is up on Globe Life.

Bdub

Freddie was a terrible manager. He proved that when they where in the playoffs. Not to mention he ran pitchers into the ground and destroyed arms every year.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It's been talked about ad nauseam, but still worth noting: the Phillies are on a...

95 win pace based on their 24-17 record so far -- 3rd best in the NL
67 win pace based on their run differential -- 3rd worst in the NL

head.0.PNG

Full article: http://www.thegoodphight.com/2016/5/20/11718642/phillies-stat-notes-phillies-roll-jroll-climbs

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Stepping away from shtick, I really do think it's a dumb way to over simplify baseball.

goblue96

Stepping away from shtick, I really do think it's a dumb way to over simplify baseball.

Agreed. I've been expecting some regression to the mean for the Phils. 14-3 in 1-run games and 4-0 in extra games.

Maybe someone should create a win predictor based on oWAR and dWAR.

Wolfman21

Just appeasing Pythagoras. They're taking a couple blowout losses to get the triangles aligned, then they'll be on pace to win the NL.

its actually waht they've been doing all season. Win by 1, lose by 5. Its why they have the almost worst run differential in the league with a winning record.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Hey, at least we are self aware and know we are irrelevant. Can't say the same for Doyer fans.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
That seems like a long way off but I welcome the news. Going to a Rangers game in July or August is a miserable experience.

Yeah, I've been to a Rangers game and had soccer tournaments in DFW in August and it's brutal. Sucks that their current stadium is only 20-ish years old, but Arlington in the middle of summer is too damned hot.

goblue96

Yeah, I've been to a Rangers game and had soccer tournaments in DFW in August and it's brutal. Sucks that their current stadium is only 20-ish years old, but Arlington in the middle of summer is too damned hot.

Easy solution: Contract Twins and Rangers into one team. April-June games in Arlington. July-September games in Minneapolis. All playoff games in Arlington.

worst2first

In a shocking development, the Rangers' bullpen has looked decent the last few games. On the other hand, they are finishing a series with the lAstros.