• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Trade Wars Discussion

osick87

Community Liaison
My face when @jdlikewhoa doesn't PM me back about about Ilaes

3SZolsg.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Huh? Yes I do offer guys for 5th's/minor prospects every year. I try to trade off excess players all the time for minor assets because it makes the game more interesting than asking for 3 studs for an average player.

I would have been interested in Mah but that second guaranteed year kinda ruins his value.

NML

Had a deal in place for Salinas, but it's off - if anyone wants to make a last second deal

NML

Who wants to fleece me for some cost controlled guys? I need upgrades at 1B, SS, and CF. I have decent options at all of them (1.5ish WAR guys) but will overpay for borderline all-star types (especially gold glove level defense). Also could use a stop-gap 3B upgrade (Jung-Ho Kim needs one more year methinks).

I'd also be willing to move Montes for a younger, cheaper catcher. Coming off a 3.3 WARS WON season, but at $8m I wouldn't mind saving some money at this position.

NML

Arkell from @Soonerfan09 did great for me - 1 WAR WON in like 20 games haha. That run of 5 straight one run losses killed us (and Miami finished strong). I'd bring him back but he wants 6/$10m AAV

What I should've done was just keep Alvarez instead of giving him to @fignuts for nothing. He raked. Probably one of the top ten bats over the last half of the season in the entire league.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Arkell from @Soonerfan09 did great for me - 1 WAR WON in like 20 games haha. That run of 5 straight one run losses killed us (and Miami finished strong). I'd bring him back but he wants 6/$10m AAV

What I should've done was just keep Alvarez instead of giving him to @fignuts for nothing. He raked. Probably one of the top ten bats over the last half of the season in the entire league.

Did Duce not perform as expected?

NML

Nah, Duce was solid. But relative to how well Alvarez did, you fleeced me on that one. I have a feeling he won't repeat those numbers, but I hope he does. I initially got him from @Orlando for Cody Gilbert back in the day, who was one of the better second baseman in the game. Should tell you how well I thought Alvarez would do.

But his range dropped and he really wasn't viable as a second baseman anymore. But he could turn into a decent 1B.

Duce is a great #4, so I'm happy with him. $14m over two years is a solid rate, as well. Van Beek was a disappointment though, I just released him.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was kind of reluctant to give him up too. I thought he'd be real good. Range drop was a shame. Gilbert is back in Borg, BTW.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Who wants to fleece me for some cost controlled guys? I need upgrades at 1B, SS, and CF. I have decent options at all of them (1.5ish WAR guys) but will overpay for borderline all-star types (especially gold glove level defense). Also could use a stop-gap 3B upgrade (Jung-Ho Kim needs one more year methinks).

I'd also be willing to move Montes for a younger, cheaper catcher. Coming off a 3.3 WARS WON season, but at $8m I wouldn't mind saving some money at this position.

You didn't say good but I have two cheap catchers with good gloves I'd move for him. For some reason Luis Reyes still has an ARB year left so I'm debating whether or not I can find a replacement for him that's cheaper than his $11M ARB estimate.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Getting close to @Lloyd Carr "Everyone is for sale"... anyone on my roster outside of Kang, Rodriguez, Tamburrino and Hernandez (keeping those four 4 lyfe)

Would like someone who can hit. SS, LF and good RP would help too.

TonyGin&Juice

Getting close to @Lloyd Carr "Everyone is for sale"... anyone on my roster outside of Kang, Rodriguez, Tamburrino and Hernandez (keeping those four 4 lyfe)

Would like someone who can hit. SS, LF and good RP would help too.

Just blow the team up. I have nothing but BUMS and you're not fleecing any of these greedy fucks.

doh

I'd blow it up if I didn't have the guys I signed IFA/drafted and are on my WBL team... I want to see how many hits I can get with Rodriguez and see how the rest of the CORE FOUR can do.

TonyGin&Juice

I'd blow it up if I didn't have the guys I signed IFA/drafted and are on my WBL team... I want to see how many hits I can get with Rodriguez and see how the rest of the CORE FOUR can do.

Then trade me for the two HIGH CONTACT guys so I can blow my shit team up.

Wolfman21

I was in that same boat one time, but luckily the draft picks held on until after the playoffs and my new yearly budget kicked in and I could still sign them.

NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, that prospect was the venerable VINCENTE LOUSA, @Orlando

doh

So Seoul got Alejandro Romero for free last year.. guys I'd just want a 4th/5th round pick (or maybe some cash):

SS Khai Sha (decent fielder and good hitter... could be a 2-3 WAR guy IMO in the right park) http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_11270.html

1B Mauro Rivera (powerful 1B owed a $14m TO) http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_11394.html

SS Jesus Chavez (has been a 2 WAR player, LH, can be elite defensively): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_7104.html

Some others I wouldn't want a huge haul for:

LHRP Bill Millchamp (gr8 stuff/movement): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_10121.html

RHSP Doug Keel (IMO a fine #4-5SP): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_5909.html

TonyGin&Juice

Unless we've changed this or I'm mistaken, deals won't go through until after arbitration, which is AFTER picks have to be signed

Yeah, this trade is void. It's past the trade deadline and ARB doesn't start until after the WS is completed. If this trade is allowed to go through there's no reason for a trade deadline.

Wooly

Bullshit. I have traded cash and picks during the postseason before, to help other people get their picks signed. There is no trade deadline on just just cash and picks, since it doesn't affect the games at all.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Bullshit. I have traded cash and picks during the postseason before, to help other people get their picks signed. There is no trade deadline on just just cash and picks, since it doesn't affect the games at all.
Can you share the trade in which this happened?

TonyGin&Juice

Tell that to @jdlikewhoa. I was going to send him $6M in cash last year so he could sign his 1-1 but it wasn't allowed.

NML

oh boy

5s4kkZ1.gif

Wooly

Can you share the trade in which this happened?
I sent 9 million to BUF so he could sign some players, that was either last year or the year before. I think it was last year. It was after the trade deadline, IIRC Rad was upset about it or something. I also offered Wolf a lot of cash to sign some people too, after the trade deadline, just to help him out a few years back. I don't think he took it, but I offered it, and some people bitched about it. I told them the same thing then, I don't care what they think about the trade deadline, it's stupid to not be able to move cash and picks when you want.

The trade deadline is only to keep people from getting/moving players that affect either making the playoffs or winning in the playoffs. Trading picks and cash doesn't affect any games, so it doesn't matter when you do it. It's no different than managing your budget at any other time of the year.

TonyGin&Juice

Not signing draft picks because you budged wrong and being bailed out does impact the game. Look at what happened with 1-1 last year. You're also not pointing to a specific trade that can be checked eithe