• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2069 Contraction Draft

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
What if we had teams rank their top 20 players they want then do an off-line draft waivers style draft? You just go team by team in reverse order of how they finished last year. So you could print out each teams top 20 then offline cycle through each paper in order to the top ranked player left for each team (crossing out players off the board). I'd even do this.

Each team ends up with a max of 5 or 6.

My problem with this board draft is just how long it'll take. This would take a night and giving teams a week to make the lists would be fair.

NML

Someone just needs to make a decision and go with it. I don’t think anything is going to unanimous.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Why don’t we compromise. We do the contraction draft but if it fucks the league up after a season we retire those players.

At this point I’d be fine with retiring his entire squad and killing his IFAs so they’ll regenerate.

Wolfman21

Why don’t we compromise. We do the contraction draft but if it fucks the league up after a season we retire those players.

At this point I’d be fine with retiring his entire squad and killing his IFAs so they’ll regenerate.

I dont think the "fucking up of the league" they are talking about is something that will be noticed after just 1 season

NML

If you only do 2 rounds, it almost definitely won’t. That’s not enough talent to swing things significantly

We should be able to do 2 rounds before the HOF sim.

Still think we retire Bucky/Sinner doe. Then retire everyone left after.

Any objections to this?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Two rounds won't get us through the minors, plus it's not just the Fax guys. We have the BA players out there as well. What happens to everyone not drafted after two rounds? They go to FA and either get signed by teams with a lot of cash or rot in the wilderness. If we're doing this, we should do it right even if it delays moving to next season by a few days.

NML

2+ WAR: 17 on Fax, 5 on BA
Top 100 Prospects: 10 on Fax, 3 on BA

That’s 35 players, two rounds are 32. Some of those 2+ guys won’t get drafted because they have massive salaries. If you retire the two I mentioned, then it’s 33.

Gets basically every non-playoff team an all-star level player or a top tier prospect, plus another starting caliber player. End of the draft gets a starter plus a decent prospect.

I think it’s the best balance of not destroying a ton of players, not taking forever, and rebalancing the league a bit.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'm leery of just going off top 100. There are a lot of actual prospects not on that list and a bunch of AAAA guys who are.

NML

That’s the best I can give you from the website haha.

I’m not saying there wouldn’t be talent in the third round, I just don’t think it’s necessary.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Alright, because I'm bored in this meeting and need something to do I'll export the most recent data and pull the list of 100 players from both for us to make a pool out of for the draft. I'm with @NML to limit it to two or three rounds and either make the rest FAs or kill them. Lots of those guys on Wooly's AAA team could help a team out at the ML level but I'm not sure it makes sense to draft them given the other talent in both his and BA's system.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Alright, because I'm bored in this meeting and need something to do I'll export the most recent data and pull the list of 100 players from both for us to make a pool out of for the draft. I'm with @NML to limit it to two or three rounds and either make the rest FAs or kill them. Lots of those guys on Wooly's AAA team could help a team out at the ML level but I'm not sure it makes sense to draft them given the other talent in both his and BA's system.
No

NML

If you only do 2 rounds, it almost definitely won’t. That’s not enough talent to swing things significantly

We should be able to do 2 rounds before the HOF sim.

Still think we retire Bucky/Sinner doe. Then retire everyone left after.

Any objections to this?

2+ WAR: 17 on Fax, 5 on BA
Top 100 Prospects: 10 on Fax, 3 on BA

That’s 35 players, two rounds are 32. Some of those 2+ guys won’t get drafted because they have massive salaries. If you retire the two I mentioned, then it’s 33.

Gets basically every non-playoff team an all-star level player or a top tier prospect, plus another starting caliber player. End of the draft gets a starter plus a decent prospect.

I think it’s the best balance of not destroying a ton of players, not taking forever, and rebalancing the league a bit.

@Orlando thoughts on this?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
How about we go two rounds then re-evaluate the pool (and how much time it took us to finish two) and we can add another if needed from there?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have a list. I’ll share in a couple hours along with some other stuff. Gonna have Karl run this to keep it moving.

doh

How about we go two rounds then re-evaluate the pool (and how much time it took us to finish two) and we can add another if needed from there?
I'm this. I also think we should have simultaneous ML and minors/IFA drafts that are two rounds each. Why? It'll go quicker and it'll help lower teams even more. Plus we won't have a free for all once the rest hit FA.

Other things:

-- All the undrafted ML players with contracts go to waivers and if they clear waivers then FA to help out worse teams.
-- All minor league players automatically FAs once the draft ends.
-- Anyone who was going to be a FA in 2069 can't be drafted.

doh

They go to FA and either get signed by teams with a lot of cash or rot in the wilderness.
Serious question (and the draft idea I have above limits this) but what is wrong with this? Teams that are fiscally responsible and win should be rewarded. We are rewarding the shitty teams with the best players during the draft so why shouldn't the teams who have won and saved their money have an advantage after the draft?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Because finances spinning out of control are like half the reason Wooly has all these players. You are just redistributing who gets access to the 18-team IFA pool of the past 8 years to 4 top teams instead of 5.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Actually @NML has the thread set up already. You two can handle it together. 2-3 hours a pick. PM and @ people. If they don’t respond, give them BPA other than OU.

Give me a bit and I’ll get the list. @Karl Hungus

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Whichever is easier for you guys to do. Separete thread probably better since we still gon debate a ton here

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If by used assets you mean fleeced the hell out of Orlando for Moustache and tanked for 10 seasons then sure

doh

Because finances spinning out of control are like half the reason Wooly has all these players. You are just redistributing who gets access to the 18-team IFA pool of the past 8 years to 4 top teams instead of 5.
No the reason he has all of those players is 95% about figuring out a way to hack devo in the game. Finances are probably 5%.

NML

Well some of these teams have been bad for a decade too :laughing:

Then they’ve also received ten top picks in the draft and space to sign big IFAs

Ur doubling down with this draft. Rad still gets #1 overall. And it’s not like someone outside of these two is bad, he’s still getting an all star

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Then they’ve also received ten top picks in the draft and space to sign big IFAs

Ur doubling down with this draft. Rad still gets #1 overall. And it’s not like someone outside of these two is bad, he’s still getting an all star
I disagree with this. What big IFAs have they signed?

NML

I disagree with this. What big IFAs have they signed?

My point is they got the same benefits of tanking that OU (or anyone else) did. That they get an extra player in this draft is a bonus. Why does it need to be one the best players we’ve ever seen?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sinner and Bucky won't make Dublin and Istanbul into contenders (although IST should pick ToGo 2.0 instead)

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Serious question (and the draft idea I have above limits this) but what is wrong with this? Teams that are fiscally responsible and win should be rewarded.

Not everyone likes playing like you. This isn't a finance simulator to everyone.