• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2069 Contraction Draft

jdlikewhoa

My very uneducated opinion was to have contract and have a draft, but after looking through Wooly's team, it's probably best just to delete all players involved. It's pretty clear that he had O capabilities and edited his players.

If we do a draft, we go into it knowing that these players are cyborgs (possible launch into the spacetopia baeibol league) and hoping that spreading them out amongst teams will add a little balance.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So he edited players? Is that serious?

I've actually spent a bit of time thinking and PMing with owners about it. I couldn't really find anything logical other than playing really good minor teams improving their stock by winning so much and having better stats. Teams have tried really high dev budgets and it helps but not a ton.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So he edited players? Is that serious?

I've actually spent a bit of time thinking and PMing with owners about it. I couldn't really find anything logical other than playing really good minor teams improving their stock by winning so much and having better stats. Teams have tried really high dev budgets and it helps but not a ton.
:Straight-Face:

jdlikewhoa

Kasib must have been edited too

Look at his top players who all have every high possible intangible and low greed.

Tomas Gonzales who, despite never playing OF, maintained his serviceable OF ratings.

Or Kane Hayne who had a massive ratings jump in his 30's.

And these are just the three off the top of my head. Maybe one of these things happening wouldn't set off any alarms but lets look at the totality of circumstances

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The 9mm Cafe?

I don't know what your problem is, but OU is the one that suggested that. I have just been looking at the situation and it has been obvious that something is wrong. If the integrity of the league is at question I don't know why we are doing a contraction draft with players that were either buffed through an exploit or edited.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Look at his top players who all have every high possible intangible and low greed.

Tomas Gonzales who, despite never playing OF, maintained his serviceable OF ratings.

Or Kane Hayne who had a massive ratings jump in his 30's.

And these are just the three off the top of my head. Maybe one of these things happening wouldn't set off any alarms but lets look at the totality of circumstances
Maybe look at the totality of what he did and how it may develop a player with those intangibles. I just don’t see the rating editing as a real possibility.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't know what your problem is, but OU is the one that suggested that. I have just been looking at the situation and it has been obvious that something is wrong. If the integrity of the league is at question I don't know why we are doing a contraction draft with players that were either buffed through an exploit or edited.
My problem is you are constantly complaining and it’s tiring. I know you think it’s cute because it gets likes and you have said as much, but it wears on me.

To answer you question it’s because the league allows for a level of talent and everyone else has struggled is because the talent is disproportionately on one team. Every time a prospect of yours fails, someone else’s succeeds. His success rate led to league wide failure.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
There so absolutely no evidence he changed ratings, I thought Gwilt was going to be evidence until I checked his real ratings and they were not changed.

It is possible he could have. So could a bunch of other GMs past and present.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

I'm sure he had no idea what O you were referencing. And I never suggested he edited players either. I said it was a possibility, and Gwilt would have changed my mind had there been even a tiny bit of evidence Gwilt's ratings changed.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I think we should ignore the stats, but maybe I’ll test it.

Does anyone have an old save file from before this season? I’m thinking I might have one on one of my servers at home but I’m on Needledick Road right now. I’m wondering how many personalities and ratings changes there were in this season.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm sure he had no idea what O you were referencing. And I never suggested he edited players either. I said it was a possibility, and Gwilt would have changed my mind had there been even a tiny bit of evidence Gwilt's ratings changed.

You said that after you finally looked you realized something was wrong; either exploited or possibly directly edited. No one even knew that was possible until you brought it up.

TonyGin&Juice

You said that after you finally looked you realized something was wrong; either exploited or possibly directly edited. No one even knew that was possible until you brought it up.

Hf9Z52B.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
My problem is you are constantly complaining and it’s tiring. I know you think it’s cute because it gets likes and you have said as much, but it wears on me.

To answer you question it’s because the league allows for a level of talent and everyone else has struggled is because the talent is disproportionately on one team. Every time a prospect of yours fails, someone else’s succeeds. His success rate led to league wide failure.

wat

I have thought something is wrong with Wooly's system. Either a glitch or, now that it's been pointed out as possible, direct editing. I'm not alone in that view.

I don't think I've really gained many internet likes from complaining about that over the past months, either.

I think this draft is a bad idea if the integrity of the players is in question, but whatever.

TonyGin&Juice

What’s the worst that can happen if we do a draft for his guys - they become bums? As long as it doesn’t cost me an actual draft pick or draft pick money I’m willing to roll the dice on taking on a contract that’s for a guy that might not be a GOAT in south beach.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
wat

I have thought something is wrong with Wooly's system. Either a glitch or, now that it's been pointed out as possible, direct editing. I'm not alone in that view.

I don't think I've really gained many internet likes from complaining about that over the past months, either.

I think this draft is a bad idea if the integrity of the players is in question, but whatever.
I feel like your mission is to get me to quit.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Maybe just quit it, and neither of us have to.

If you’ll want to delete the players because you are convinced he edited then fine. I don’t think he did and I think it’s bad for the league to delete them. I think he outsmarted us and ruined the game that way. Other people may not be able to accept that, but I played this game for fun not a homework assignment.

TonyGin&Juice

I think deleting them is a terrible idea.

I’m also sitting at dark Hampton Inn in Crystal City wondering why in the fuck I didn’t take that job with KPMG I got offered three weeks ago.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
There will never be a consensus on this. I should have just let you all vote and stayed quiet. I send out an Oplogy for that.

ebarws6

stAy
That would be me I guess, but I'm not the biggest fan of the contraction draft idea. Is this what we are actually doing?

doh

The contraction draft is going to freeze the league for a week. Maybe each team gets two picks and everyone else released? If we do 4 rounds of this, it is going to be so tedious.

TonyGin&Juice

The contraction draft is going to freeze the league for a week. Maybe each team gets two picks and everyone else released? If we do 4 rounds of this, it is going to be so tedious.

Fuck that. Ranked lists and the draft order and it should be easy to do. Don’t do a ranked list you don’t get picks.

I’m down with deleting them too but I think we’d need to disable the morale and personality components if we did that.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We haven’t even started yet because we haven’t decided what to do. It also shouldn’t freeze anything because I’ll
limit the time people get and we can run the offseason simultaneously.

There is still a lot of opposition to it though.

doh

Yes but your off-season could be greatly shaped by the player(s) you get in this draft.

What if we put them all onto waivers? Is there a way to rank waivers a la fantasy? That might be the best way.

doh

If you put all players on waivers and basically did a waivers draft, how would that work? That way we could organize players by abilities, starrRrRz, positions, etc.

doh

So you rank your players 1 through however you want.

The waiver order means that worst team gets 1st pick (so top team on their board) then 2nd team best player left in their order then the 3rd gets best player left on their list, etc. to the 18th pick. Then you flip over so the worst team gets another 1st pick (19th) like the draft.

I just don't know if there's a way in OOTP to rank waiver priority.