• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Wolfman21

Inciarte with his 2nd consecutive gold glove. Hows shelby miller doin arizona? Lol

Acuna, austin riley and alex jackson all tied for the arizona fall league in homers with 5 a piece. Max fried was leading the league in k's last i looked. Good times are ahead

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Still see no problem with that trade. Zona made the playoffs in a tough division too.

Wolfman21

So you see no problem with giving up what was, at the time, a top 10 prospect, as well as what has become an all-star, 2x gold glove center fielder...for a 1 pitch starter who had one good half of a season?

Dave stewart, is that you? I mean...i know youre prolly a bit upset that you lost your job, mainly for this trade...but its prolly time to give it up buddy

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Nope. Miller had more than one good half season, but I like when teams go for it. It didn’t pay off, but they are just fine. I’m not saying it didn’t work out for the Braves or something though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Technically they made it past the first round.

Inciarte is nice. Decent hitter with a glove. The other two are still TBD. Blair is old and can’t get out of AAA. Swanson is all hype so far.

Wolfman21

Come on Dave. You gave up a all star, 2 time gold glover in his mid 20's and jeff blauser for a guy that threw like 60 innings for you. Take the L baby!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Not debating W vs L, but yes the Braves got the better trash in that trash deal.

They also sent the regret for not drafting Bregman, I’m sure :laughing:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Dansby Swanson gonna be working at Waffle House by this time next year. Not sure why anyone thinks this trade was a win for either side.

Wolfman21

Dansby Swanson gonna be working at Waffle House by this time next year. Not sure why anyone thinks this trade was a win for either side.

Because dansby was the only piece in return...fuck sake tony, go back to doin what youre good at and snort some columbian bam bam off of brook lyns ass

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I will actually go to more than just opening day if he comes here.

Seattle has a much better Japanese community though.

We have Kearny Mesa :laughing:

Wolfman21

Come on Palmeiro

"Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids -- period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never."

"Maybe 12 years later, if I can come back and prove I don't need anything as an older player with an older body, then people might think, OK, maybe he didn't do anything intentionally," Palmeiro said.

Lol, so first it was you didnt take anything at all, never, ever ever ever. Now its "ok maybe he didnt do anything intentionally"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I thought the Angels were a no brainer for him once I heard the criteria (along with SD, but Dads aren't AL and are years away). "Smaller" market, First Japanese player, Japanese connection in the LA metro. Trout and Ohtani together will be fun to watch

Wolfman21

I thought the Angels were a no brainer for him once I heard the criteria (along with SD, but Dads aren't AL and are years away). "Smaller" market, First Japanese player, Japanese connection in the LA metro. Trout and Ohtani together will be fun to watch

do you expect him to pitch or hit? Or will he attempt both? If he plays the field, what position is he slated for?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think he's better as a pitcher (and the Angels definitely need him there more), but I think the plan most AL teams were looking at was to just have him DH 2 or 3 games a week when he's not pitching. I believe he plays the corner OF spots but Angels are good to go there with Trout, Calhoun, and Upton.

Hike

güero
I thought read that he hasn’t played OF since 2015. Just pitching and DH last couple seasons. He’s still so young I’m curious to see how this plays out.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Aren’t the Angels years away?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
In the sense they have no farm yeah, but they have some actual talent in the field at least. Calhoun, Trout, Upton, Simmons, Cron are all pretty good. They are probably only going to be wild cards at best because of Houston but they aren't a rebuilding team. Ohtani seems to be a quieter guy so Trout being in Anaheim helps take some of the hype off of him, whereas in SD or Seattle he'd be the main guy

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Meh. He's great and all (so is Cruz), but national media doesn't care about him anymore. At least they sometimes care about Trout.

He would've been forever in Ichiro's shadow there too, so I think it was just SD or Anaheim for him

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So he refused to go to Giants to eventually get to New York?

Good luck with that during your first 0-for-23.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If its really just Castro and one decent SP prospect then its a steal. Not believing it until I get real confirmation doe

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited: