• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

nowitsourtime

He’s not an upgrade over Joseph and they going to move Hoskins to LF with the hopes of trading an OF for some starting pitching.

He's definitely an upgrade over Joseph. While Joseph possesses great power, Santana is just an overall more well rounded hitter.

Santana: .259/.363/.455
Joseph: .240/.289/.432

How did Hoskins look in the OF last year?

GR8 2 B FL G8R

My thoughts are that I don't want Fluff to ban me again.

The Mets want to plead poverty, and maybe guys don't want to play for the Mets, but to me the Mets aren't even trying. The Angels are in a similar situation, and they go out and spend. Bum ass Geno Dominick Smith isn't the answer at 1B, but they are gonna give him another chance to fail this year, and bring in some dumpster dive like Adrian Gonzalez for the veteran minimum since someone else is paying him.

The Mets are a dumpster fire, and I probably would have been a lot less miserable over the years if I had become a Yankee fan instead of a Mets fan.

83fa7afc4230715b33ee15793ed122eddf34acb03f69f59715fa02251ffa0d3c.jpg
I always wondered what made NY fans a fan of each team. The people from Jersey are normally Mets, Jets, Nets. Is it all geographic?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I always wondered what made NY fans a fan of each team. The people from Jersey are normally Mets, Jets, Nets. Is it all geographic?
I don't think it's as simple as that. I think it's when you grew up/ became a fan of baseball/ sports and who was better at the time. I don't really associate either baseball or football team with NJ necessarily. I do think people who rooted for the Mets also rooted for the Jets since they shared a stadium. The Nets are in that group as well because they played on Long Island at the Coliseum for a while before moving to Jersey and playing at the Rutgers Athletic Center before the Meadowlands Arena was built.

I think at the end of the day, it's a lot of front running. The Giants have consistently been better then the Jets basically my whole life time. The Yankees have been better then the Mets almost their entire existence except for a few seasons. Then again, most people are going to support their father/ uncle/ older brother's team as well.

I'd definitely be interested to know how things work in Los Angeles as well.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Yeah it's pretty interesting. Even in Gainesville at UF, I had friends who would root for the Canes because they were from Miami. These were students at UF. I believe the majority of them flipped to UF after we got Corch Irvin, Aaron Hernandez, and Tim TiVo.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'd definitely be interested to know how things work in Los Angeles as well.
LA is pretty much geographic other than the Clippers. Most Clippers fans are just contrarians or want to root for the underdog. Obviously the Clippers have been better recently and have more fans, but GLAOC is probably Lakers above all else. I really think the Clippers missed an opportunity moving the team to Anaheim when the Ducks built the Pond.

Angels and Ducks are Orange County teams. Dodgers and Kings are LA. Both the Dodgers and Kings have more fans in Orange County than the Angels or Ducks in LA simply because of history.

Football is different because of the Raiders. I think the Rams will be fine, but the Chargers are morons.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Are the Mets gonna do anything in my lifetime? Not likely.

Obligatory

LA is pretty much geographic other than the Clippers. Most Clippers fans are just contrarians or want to root for the underdog. Obviously the Clippers have been better recently and have more fans, but GLAOC is probably Lakers above all else. I really think the Clippers missed an opportunity moving the team to Anaheim when the Ducks built the Pond.

Angels and Ducks are Orange County teams. Dodgers and Kings are LA. Both the Dodgers and Kings have more fans in Orange County than the Angels or Ducks in LA simply because of history.

Football is different because of the Raiders. I think the Rams will be fine, but the Chargers are morons.

I thought people became "Clippers fans" because they wanted to watch NBA basketball and not pay LLLLLLLLaker prices.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Feels like the Giants are throwing it all at this year but they are relegated to the Wild Card dogfight because of LA. This team could possibly be the next big rebuild we see in the MLB
Yeah but the 3 SHIPS the Giants have were all far from dominant regular season teams. They just want to make the playoffs and see what happens. Hell in 2016, they were a massive bullpen meltdown from beating the Cubs.

Wolfman21

i find it funny how many braves fans, including myself, are so ready to get rid of markakis when all hes done over the last 3 seasons is average 38 doubles, 70 walks, 100 k's and a .280/.356/.386 slash line while playing in over 155 games per season.

I guess it has something to do with the slugging part of his slash line. Can't have a corner outfielder hitting less than double digit homers in todays MLB

doh

Larry Jones, Bad Vlad, Those and Trevor Hoffman elected to HoF.

The GOAT still out. Clemens out. Edgar just missed.

doh

Jones is no where close to Mays, Mantle, Cobb, Speaker, Snider, DiMaggio, Griffey so to say he's top 5-10 is LULZ