• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2079 Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I'm against cutting more teams. A lot of the guys we knock as being AAAA players would actually be WBL players back before contraction. Look at some of the guys in FA who can't find jobs!

They'd be playing in Miami if I had any money left. Sadly I am a LOL p00rz and broke.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
This league seems to want new players, and it really is set up extremely if not fucking impossibly badly for that. I'm not leaving or asking for free blowjobs or anything, I'm just fucking frustrated with the game for offering me NOTHING when in all other games/circumstances I would have at least some collateral. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

man, I wish @hayvis was around at the start of the league when we used to argue for pages in PMs and torture poor @OU11

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I guess I don’t understand the question then. To me, a better league is a more active league. If that’s a possibility then I think we should pursue it. If it’s not, then I’ll find that out and the only time wasted will be mine and this conversation
My question is, will starting over lead to a better league? That’s the question you need to answer before just doing it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
My question is, will starting over lead to a better league? That’s the question you need to answer before just doing it.

Being Devil's advocate, you won't know if it's a better league or not until you start it...

NML

And my answer is the league is automatically better if it has more active owners, from a quality and quantity standpoint.

I don’t think the league needs that much changed from a nuts and bolts perspective, it just needs owners

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's important I think that you take the current teams over to the new league, and COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY ERASE THEIR HISTORY.

Reactions: NML

NML

And if ur trying to say “will you get more owners?” I’m actively trying to find out. Early responses have been positive

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’m trying to say you need to answer the question before blowing it up. That’s all. You don’t need the answer now.

Reactions: NML

NML

I’m really trying to be as non-combative as possible haha. I’ve reached out to, I believe, all the active owners and almost everyone who has said they’d be interested or played before via PM.

I apologize if I forgot somebody, just shoot me a message and let me know ur thoughts.

Once I hear back from a few people, I’ll post a new thread tonight and open it to next steps

Wolfman21

wait.....theres someone in here that thinks its too difficult for new owners to succeed? LMAO

I joined the league and had never even opened OOTP. Bought it the same day. Was in the playoffs within 4 seasons, won the whole thing after 7 seasons. Wanna win? Learn the game. Draft well. Make good trades. Take risks. Don't blame others

thanks for @ing me @TonyGin&Juice. I couldn't miss giving my opinion on this piece

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
wait.....theres someone in here that thinks its too difficult for new owners to succeed? LMAO

I joined the league and had never even opened OOTP. Bought it the same day. Was in the playoffs within 4 seasons, won the whole thing after 7 seasons. Wanna win? Learn the game. Draft well. Make good trades. Take risks. Don't blame others

thanks for @ing me @TonyGin&Juice. I couldn't miss giving my opinion on this piece

I'm fucking Ingerlish, fuckwad. Go get a cricket game and do the same and come back to me.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I’m really trying to be as non-combative as possible haha. I’ve reached out to, I believe, all the active owners and almost everyone who has said they’d be interested or played before via PM.

I apologize if I forgot somebody, just shoot me a message and let me know ur thoughts.

Once I hear back from a few people, I’ll post a new thread tonight and open it to next steps

I received generic PM #1, which I'm guessing was copypasta sent to each veteran owner.

Soonerfan09

Are you saying it can’t get any worse? I could possibly buy that argument, although people are still playing.

Basically. We're not going to get the same level of participation that we had when I first joined the league, not in this league at least. There are only like 5 of us who play consistently and if the league stays as is, there won't even be that many.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I am obviously flattered that you invited me to play in the first place, and are on the most being helpful and helping me enjoy the game. And I'll be perfectly happy if we kept the league as is but.....

There really is very little argument for not blowing this shit up and starting again. Wouldn't it be far more fun and breathe more life into the game to just start again? I never played a game EVER for this long that I didn't just start again from scratch. The only thing I can think is that people have some kind of fetich attachment to the history of their video game team, which isn't exactly flattering to those that do....

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I am obviously flattered that you invited me to play in the first place, and are on the most being helpful and helping me enjoy the game. And I'll be perfectly happy if we kept the league as is but.....

There really is very little argument for not blowing this shit up and starting again. Wouldn't it be far more fun and breathe more life into the game to just start again? I never played a game EVER for this long that I didn't just start again from scratch. The only thing I can think is that people have some kind of fetich attachment to the history of their video game team, which isn't exactly flattering to those that do....
Damn hayvis. Fuck you :laughing:

NML

I’ll put something longer together tonight, but there’s a significant group of people that would join a new league - several of which mentioned specifically that they’d be interested because it’s new

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I will literally play in both its NBD. TBH I export once every other week in the WBL so exporting weekly to match 2 leagues is fine with me. I don't want the WBL to die though so I guess if Travis, Rad, and Orlando hold me hostage by threatening to quit the WBL if the NMLBL kicks off then I'll have to quit the NMLBL before it starts.

NML

Nobody has threaten to quit, and I think I’ve heard from everyone but doh. There’s, understandably, some apprehension from current owners but I’ve been happy with the open mindedness of everyone.

NML

I’ll add this - over the past three days, there’s been 240 posts in this thread. There was 350 in the entire last season thread (which was from May to July)

I think people want to be engaged with the league, they just need a reason to be.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
To summarize my response to @NML, I don't care, we would need new logos, and if @Orlando quits, I quit.

I think the easiest approach here is to recruit off the OOTP forums into the existing league.

I don't know why you'd need to change the teams and logos? I would just take my Paris logos over. If there are newer teams with new logos it would just be like a merger. Take ur history with you like they did in the NFL.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If someone could translate my previous post into English that would be helpful, but hope you get the gist.

NML

The villains always bring engagement. That’s why I was mad you’ll chased away @Wolfman21

Fair enough. The only people who have treated me or this idea as a villain is you and rad doe so I’m not sure the league is as against it as some of you’ll think. Most people just want the core members to stay

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Basically it all amounts to two truths. If you do it just for the memes (new logos and names) it will fail. If you do it to address problems that are proven fixable by altering the league then it will succeed. All of my knowledge on OOTP league creation can be condensed into that tl;dr

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I reckon there is no way if we were living in Ingerland in 1620 that WBL owners would have got on the Mayflower. On the flip side, the native Americans would have probably escaped genocide.

NML

I don't know why you'd need to change the teams and logos? I would just take my Paris logos over. If there are newer teams with new logos it would just be like a merger. Take ur history with you like they did in the NFL.

This was also suggested by another owner, and think it’s a good idea. Let people keep their same name if they want, or change if they want.

I haven’t really explored it, but quick research seems to indicate you can import players into a new league, so perhaps will could artificially create histories for teams that want them? Also, using the almanac, which should be able to maintain records, they just may not show in game

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This was also suggested by another owner, and think it’s a good idea. Let people keep their same name if they want, or change if they want.

I haven’t really explored it, but quick research seems to indicate you can import players into a new league, so perhaps will could artificially create histories for teams that want them? Also, using the almanac, which should be able to maintain records, they just may not show in game

As this is basically what happens in every big sports league modernisation/merger from old teams wanting to expand and create a new and better league, it seems pretty obvious to me to me.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
As this is basically what happens in every big sports league modernisation/merger from old teams wanting to expand and create a new and better league, it seems pretty obvious to me to me.

The reality is that it’s not worth doing unless they added features that allowed it to be done easier (which would make no sense). What would end up happening is whoever runs this shitshow now would create an almanac file for “history” that nobody would ever look at again

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
But once we have the same histories, players, and teams, aren't we just in the WBL again? Minus well just sim 5 years in the future in the WBL, except OTTO will be running all of us and we'll end up with Shampionship Dynasty #0.