• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Season Thread

Wolfman21

The Good: Ruiz and Chavez are swinging a hot bat and Chavez has gone a full month without getting injured.

The Bad: I'm now 4-13 in June, have slipped 10 games under .500 and in a proverbial tie for next to last in the SL. My pitching is ranked next to last in every category and my bats are ranked practically 6th out of 8 in every meaningful category.

What this means? My team sucks but is very young. I need some bats that get on base to insert into my lineup and i'm just not sure if I have them in my farm system. My pitchers growing up as well as adding Pasquet next year should help but I'm not sure if they as a group are a playoff contending pitching staff.

osick87

Community Liaison
Can someone explain why Soto has started consecutive games three times this season?

I'm thinking that it was when Jordan and bin Alzhar went down and the Spudbrain AI put Soto in again. I don't know if I've had a 3rd injury though.

6 Man Rotation time.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
As for the Millen trade,

I traded an aging (30) asset that was cheap and will continue to be cheap (750k arb estimate) for an OF that likely will be a nice 4th OF and can start in a pinch and a SP (@Yankee151 had him as a closer) that looks like he'll be a good piece and at worst a Bullpen arm. Might not have been the best return but it was what I was sort of expecting to get.

Lloyd Carr

Buffalo 9-1 to take 1st by 1 game. Holy. Moly.

MoeYKKd.gif

Wolfman21

Good to see Buffalo living up to expectations. Gonna be a hell of a 3-way battle in the South with Buff/Cairo/False Bay

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think the best part of the WBL will be orlando and jd going back and forth about bug for the next 4 years

Wolfman21

lol, sorry @Gooksta, my cruddy team just took 2/3 from you while Buffalo, Cairo and False Bay have all swept me in the past 2 weeks....i can't put you in the conversation with those other 3 teams after that. :Sweating:

Lloyd Carr

I want Bug to be in A.

I'ma 'bout to go to the OU request line and request OU bump him up to A-ball tonight.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Going to be a hell of a race in varsity. I think six teams could get a Lamb birth. Will be interesting to see how the trade deadline goes down especially with so few sellers.

NML

Went 4-0 against the north this sim, 0-3 against the south.

If only I was in "varsity"

Wolfman21

so half my batting order has now won SL Player of the Week honors this season. Miguel Chavez, Neanderthal, Ruiz, Hyde and Prophet have all won the honors atleast once. They just can't put it together at the same time. Need to keep this season interesting to keep the fans coming to the park. My financials SHOULD be ok by the end of the season according to the projected balance in the actual SIM...but sitting in the red halfway through the season is worrisome.

Whats funny about my starting pitching is that their WHIP's are lower combined than any rotation i've had since i've started...however their ERA's are ridiculous. I think there is gonna be a good bit of improvement out of Cross/Homicide/Sparky over the next year or so. Their ratings aren't maxed plus they are rookies. Excited for their futures...just not helping me all that much RIGHT NOW

Edited to Add: Holy cow...I just noticed I've played 49 games on the road and 28 at home. Who made these schedules? lol. I guess the good news is I'll be getting a ton of home games over the next few months.

Last edited:

jdlikewhoa

so half my batting order has now won SL Player of the Week honors this season. Miguel Chavez, Neanderthal, Ruiz, Hyde and Prophet have all won the honors atleast once. They just can't put it together at the same time. Need to keep this season interesting to keep the fans coming to the park. My financials SHOULD be ok by the end of the season according to the projected balance in the actual SIM...but sitting in the red halfway through the season is worrisome.

Whats funny about my starting pitching is that their WHIP's are lower combined than any rotation i've had since i've started...however their ERA's are ridiculous. I think there is gonna be a good bit of improvement out of Cross/Homicide/Sparky over the next year or so. Their ratings aren't maxed plus they are rookies. Excited for their futures...just not helping me all that much RIGHT NOW

Edited to Add: Holy cow...I just noticed I've played 49 games on the road and 28 at home. Who made these schedules? lol. I guess the good news is I'll be getting a ton of home games over the next few months.

Your team sucks. Now give me Neanderthal.