• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

I sit a lot of my guys when I play the struggling South teams.

For instance, I'm using the three games against BA this sim to sit my starters. I've got solid backups in Goose, Reyes, and Farmer, so I like to get them all days each sim in order to keep them fresh. It's always a risk to sit the starters and let the bench play, but if I'm going to sit them, and I have to, I'd rather do it against a struggling South team than a North team who is still making a playoff push.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Took like 2 weeks. Lol One of em I was out of the country. This allows reel to build his farm up.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
God damnit. Chaves out for the rest of the year.

Buffalo Murricans: SP Luis Cháves was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: torn triceps. He's expected to miss about 3 months. (June 28th)

June's Premier Pitcher Announced By SL
Friday, July 1st, 2044
Question: Who was the #1 pitcher in the South League in June?
Answer: That would be Luis Cháves of the Buffalo Murricans.
He excelled with a 3-0 mark and a 1.16 ERA in 5 starts, tossed 31 innings, fanned 30 and held opposing teams to a .257 average. That's exactly why the South League scribes voted him the Pitcher of the Month.

Cháves has fashioned a 8-4 mark for the season, 2.81 ERA and thrown 93 innings in 15 starts. Opposing clubs are batting .268 against him.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
One other notable injury this sim.

Kabul Bulls: SP Jacob Verberne was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: herniated disc (back). He's expected to miss about 7 weeks.
Verberne was the #2 guy, 16 starts, 3-6, 5.47 ERA, 1.36 WHIP.

Wolfman21

well shit, lol. I knew a 4-2 week wouldn't come without some bad news. Thats two SP's on the DL for multiple months. I really don't wanna bring Peppers up, but I may have no choice. And Verberne was an "Iron Man"...so much for that

Gooksta

Buffalo Murricans: SP Luis Cháves was injured while pitching. The Diagnosis: torn triceps. He's expected to miss about 3 months. (June 28th)

June's Premier Pitcher Announced By SL
Friday, July 1st, 2044
Question: Who was the #1 pitcher in the South League in June?
Answer: That would be Luis Cháves of the Buffalo Murricans.
He excelled with a 3-0 mark and a 1.16 ERA in 5 starts, tossed 31 innings, fanned 30 and held opposing teams to a .257 average. That's exactly why the South League scribes voted him the Pitcher of the Month.

Cháves has fashioned a 8-4 mark for the season, 2.81 ERA and thrown 93 innings in 15 starts. Opposing clubs are batting .268 against him.
ivb7Q.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: well if he already did it twice, that's kind of your fault for signing him to a 5 year deal. Hopefully he rebounds, but I'm sure he will come back fragile.

Lloyd Carr

Well, the first time it happened to him I wasn't even in the league (2039). Then he went and done did it again in 2042. And now again in 2044.

I was hoping it wouldn't happen again. But it did.

Lloyd Carr

So Chaves is out for 3 months. In 3 months the playoffs will be starting.

If I am in the playoffs, do I take the chance and start Chaves (if he is available)? HMMMMM

Wolfman21

Peppers has been called up to the Bigs...earlier than I want, but I don't have the money to go signing free agent pitchers and none of my other in house options are ready...so....oh well

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I don't follow pitchers/players of the month much but Coffin Park was the NL Pitcher of the month for June. Kinda strange it was a guy who isn't a closer or a starter but 0 runs in 19.2 IP isn't bad. I think the huge reason was a 5-0 record.