• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

120th Annual WBL Wintour Meetings in the UNITED KINGDOM, UK!!!

Wooly

Just when you thought trading your entire draft for a mop up man was the worst move you could make he goes and gives a guy on his way to the front of the line at the glue factory $25M AAV.
You should be ecstatic then. One less team in your way now.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

Come on, let's be real here - he way overpaid for a guy that's going to be throwing BP and giving up gopher balls after an OSICK187 sim.

No way. The idea is for teams to be in his way to get 4th place.

The worst thing that could happen is we finish above fourth in the SL BLOODBATH and aren't fighting tooth and nail up to the bitter end.

TonyGin&Juice

Stop spewing wrong

I bid on the guy but there are few FA really worth $24M a year and he certainly wasn't. Now, if we were talking $10M AAV over three years, no problem. At least the ship paintings made that second year a TO.

Wooly

I bid on the guy but there are few FA really worth $24M a year and he certainly wasn't. Now, if we were talking $10M AAV over three years, no problem. At least the ship paintings made that second year a TO.
By all means, give your money back your Owner.

NML

I couldn't believe how high all the pitchers went. Clearly the market for them was there, but Fernandes is on crazy money and Andretti got like $12m too. Nuts.

Was thrilled to get Mary Jane for $5m.

Also, that Sugar Bear team option is too high. Can't remember what the % we're allowed to do (I think 120%?), but the Lenny deal is close too.

Wooly

I couldn't believe how high all the pitchers went. Clearly the market for them was there, but Fernandes is on crazy money and Andretti got like $12m too. Nuts.

Was thrilled to get Mary Jane for $5m.

Also, that Sugar Bear team option is too high. Can't remember what the % we're allowed to do (I think 120%?), but the Lenny deal is close too.
40% of highest guanteed year for less than 15m, 20% if over 15m. I believe both of my contracts conform.

Neither Lenny nor Sugar Bear will be with me more than 1 year, they are rentals until my prospects are ready for next year. I had extra cash this year, and only 3 SP. Had to make sure I obtained 1-2 SP, especially after I lost out on Bish. I could not afford to lose out on more SPs, and my bids reflected that. It would have been nice if those guys had signed earlier, but they didn't, they drug it out.

TonyGin&Juice

40% of highest guanteed year for less than 15m, 20% if over 15m. I believe both of my contracts conform.

Neither Lenny nor Sugar Bear will be with me more than 1 year, they are rentals until my prospects are ready for next year. I had extra cash this year, and only 3 SP. Had to make sure I obtained 1-2 SP, especially after I lost out on Bish. I could not afford to lose out on more SPs, and my bids reflected that. It would have been nice if those guys had signed earlier, but they didn't, they drug it out.

You just have to overpay from Jump Street for the legit guys or overpay for guys that are one bad sim from the glue factory. I do wonder when we're going to change the contract structure so one year rentals on multi-year deals aren't allowed.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Probably need to up the buyout floor but considering our league couldn't pass fucking division names for the minors I'd say chances of a new rule passing are around 0%

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

NML

Neither Lenny nor Sugar Bear will be with me more than 1 year

Yeah, this is kind of the whole point. You added a second year you have no intention of using.

Didn't know we had it so low for under $15m, nice exploit there. Definitely want to change that rule next off-season.

NML

Probably need to up the buyout floor but considering our league couldn't pass fucking division names for the minors I'd say chances of a new rule passing are around 0%

I'm okay with the buyout price - if you are using the option year correctly, especially on higher salaried players, 20% is a big hit. Even Wooly is going to be hit with an over $5m buyout. It's the increase that I have a bigger problem with, even moreso when it's obvious it won't be used.

Should just make it no increase, IMO.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I feel like the intention was 40% for the first 15M and then 20% for all values after. Otherwise a 15M TO has a smaller buyout than a 14M TO

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah. It's typical wooly, but it's within the rules. It's likely both would have signed elsewhere for more guaranteed money.

Wooly

Yeah. It's typical wooly, but it's within the rules. It's likely both would have signed elsewhere for more guaranteed money.

Although I have not looked around for data, yet, I am pretty sure most people offer contracts the way I do, probably even most of the time. My guess is that I do it like everyone else.

TonyGin&Juice

Although I have not looked around for data, yet, I am pretty sure most people offer contracts the way I do, probably even most of the time. My guess is that I do it like everyone else.

Eh, TOs are great if it's a guy that's an injury case or over 35 that's literally one bad sim from being DFAd. Guys that are willing to take those contracts on, at least in MLB, understand that's the point their career is at due to injuries or age and accept them. In OOTP Orlando's spot on that they'll sign for more guaranteed money as long as there aren't too many years, which makes sense. I mean, when I signed Robles the offer was setup where it was a massive overpay in year one, a decent deal in year two (likeliest time for him to die given his age), and a TO for year three when he was 37. You'd almost be better off just putting all of the year one and BO money on a one year deal when guys are over 35, but that's just me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You just need to look at your own salary page to see that most don't.

NML

You actually calculated the maximum you could offer to stay within the rules. To the dollar

Wooly

You actually calculated the maximum you could offer to stay within the rules. To the dollar

That's what spreadsheets are for, to calculate exactly where you need to be.

Not only that, but I have made the ol' 14,999,999 offer too, so that my TO year could be substantially higher than if I had offered 15m. I gave Lenny that offer too, but Orlando bid him up too high, and I had to cross the 15m threshold.

I sure hope other managers are doing what I do, following the rules but still trying to win. It makes the league more fun. Next year get your calculators out, sharpen your Team Option marking pencils, and bring it! Or, you can watch Travis, Wolf, and me own the division for years to come.

Lloyd Carr

That's what spreadsheets are for, to calculate exactly where you need to be.

Not only that, but I have made the ol' 14,999,999 offer too, so that my TO year could be substantially higher than if I had offered 15m. I gave Lenny that offer too, but Orlando bid him up too high, and I had to cross the 15m threshold.

I sure hope other managers are doing what I do, following the rules but still trying to win. It makes the league more fun. Next year get your calculators out, sharpen your Team Option marking pencils, and bring it! Or, you can watch Travis, Wolf, and me own the division for years to come.

With that whole 1* ship between you.

Wooly

The best part is the juxtaposition when wooly bitches about the indy devs because Gordon signed for lower AAV with BA. Wooly was probably offering some fuckshit options and Osick went with guaranteed money.
All wrong. I was not mad. I was not sure my export went through though, so I asked about it. I rarely bitch. I sometimes lament, and I do ask questions about how things work.

Wooly

You just need to look at your own salary page to see that most don't.
Well, I don't know why they don't. If they don't want to take the time to get that involved, I get that. However, if they want to get into it, it's a valuable tool in signing people and competing with other teams. It's not like some obscure tool, lots of contracts use them, so I am surprised that more people are not using Team Options.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
AHH ORLANDO! You got me man I was waiting for the longer sim to grab ShinYi or whatever and you were lurking in the shadows to take him from me. I hate you now
q7pWHLI.jpg

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
AHH ORLANDO! You got me man I was waiting for the longer sim to grab ShinYi or whatever and you were lurking in the shadows to take him from me. I hate you now
q7pWHLI.jpg
They sign the end of February pretty much no matter what. I knew someone would try to beat my offer so I upped it haha.