• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Anybody. You're still completely missing the point of what I'm saying
All he sees is that you are criticizing the Pels so he's defending them without even reading what you wrote. Reel as a Pelican fan is more Homer than Homer Simpson.

OU saying the Pelicans would be even better if they ditched the slow white dude and ran Davis at C to be more athletic.

Reel saying, nuh uh, they have plenty of money to sign him.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Anybody. You're still completely missing the point of what I'm saying

no im not

im asking you, if you were the GM, who is this 4 that you would've gone after that would've fit better with the style of offense they are expected to run

Reel

Community Liaison
All he sees is that you are criticizing the Pels so he's defending them without even reading what you wrote. Reel as a Pelican fan is more Homer than Homer Simpson.

OU saying the Pelicans would be even better if they ditched the slow white dude and ran Davis at C to be more athletic.

Reel saying, nuh uh, they have plenty of money to sign him.

nope...try again

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They arent going to compete yet, save that 12M and just try to lure another player through FA. I think they'd be better just running small ball and using their athleticism. Their whole lineup is just a bunch of athletes and asics. He just slows the whole thing down and doesn't fit. If they were competing and he was just a filler for rough patches and the playoffs then it would be great. Again it wont matter in 4 years when the cap is 100M, so it isnt a huge deal. He just clashes with the style they should be running

Reel

Community Liaison
They arent going to compete yet, save that 12M and just try to lure another player through FA. I think they'd be better just running small ball and using their athleticism. Their whole lineup is just a bunch of athletes and asics. He just slows the whole thing down and doesn't fit. If they were competing and he was just a filler for rough patches and the playoffs then it would be great. Again it wont matter in 4 years when the cap is 100M, so it isnt a huge deal. He just clashes with the style they should be running

gotcha

thanks for the perspective

NML

You could've got Jason Thompson for free. Kings may have even given up another second rounder to sell for taking him.

Ed Davis? Jae Crowder was available. Cheaper options like Larry Sanders or Bass.

Reel

Community Liaison
You could've got Jason Thompson for free. Kings may have even given up another second rounder to sell for taking him.

Ed Davis? Jae Crowder was available. Cheaper options like Larry Sanders or Bass.

its ok NML...no need to continue this convo

hope you have a fantastic friday

good day sir

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
20131202_ajl_ai4_191.0.jpg

Reel

Community Liaison
i'll give you G8r's spot on the bandwagon when the pels get their ring Paw

evil1

Looking around, people keep mentioning Houston as a potential destination for free agents, but I don't think they have cap space to go after big names. Right now they are $7 million under the cap with Patrick Beverly unsigned. So to get a big name (like LMA), they would have to not sign Beverly and somehow dump the contracts Trevor Ariza and at least one other player like Terrence Jones.

In view of the Tyson Chandler and Brandon Knight contracts, Phoenix is now right at the salary cap mark. I don't see how they get LMA unless they get rid of Eric Bledsoe's contract.

Dallas has plenty of cap space but they are in the same predicament as the Errzzz and the Knicks, namely that they are so many pieces away from being a true contender that big name free agents don't want to sign there unless some other big free agent signs there too.

Bucksin04

In view of the Tyson Chandler and Brandon Knight contracts, Phoenix is now right at the salary cap mark. I don't see how they get LMA unless they get rid of Eric Bledsoe's contract.

They would have to trade the Morris twins or Bledsoe as part of a sign and trade with Portland. Can't sign him outright.

evil1

That cleared up about $8 million. They would still need to clear another $10 million or so.

One way they could do it is by a sign and trade with Dallas instead of signing Chandler outright. The other Morris twin and Alex Len maybe.

@Reel
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/a-knicks-and-lakers-reality-check-and-10-lessons-from-free-agency-2015/
Every trade deadline, a bunch of Sam Hinkies–in-training will pop up to remind you about the value of second-round picks. “They’re more valuable than you think!” It’s awful. But you know what? Those people are definitely right, and 2015 free agency makes that clearer than ever. There’s just no downside to gambling on guys in the second round. Any team who gives these picks away is either cheap or stupid, especially since the types of players you get in the second round have a chance to become the most useful kind of role player.
Look at the guys who are getting paid this week.
  • Draymond Green, 35th pick — five years, $85 million
  • Paul Millsap, 47th pick — three years, $59 million
  • DeAndre Jordan, 35th pick — four years, $81 million (likely)
  • Danny Green, 46th pick — four years, $45 million
  • Khris Middleton, 39th pick — five years, $70 million
  • Goran Dragic, 45th pick — five years, $90 million
  • Wes Matthews, undrafted — four years, $50-60 million (likely)
Dear NBA teams: Use your second-round picks.

:trollface: ( I couldn't help but imagine you)

Reel

Community Liaison
make sure you all are on the look out for Sam Hinkie's summer league mixtape "get picks or die tryin"

evil1

Aldridge has agreed to a second meeting with the Errzzz as well as a meeting with Pat Riley. Let me break down what this means:

Aldridge to agent:
"Man, Dallas is further away from contending than the Lakers are, and Phoenix, Houston and San Antonio all want to pay me about $3 million per year below the max when everyone else in the NBA is getting overpaid. Are we sure L.A. can't make it work and is there anyone else we can take a look at? The Knicks? Come one, get serious."

evil1

I stand by assertion that the Errzzz are closer than the Mavericks. Dallas lost their leading rebounder in free agency as well as their top scorer and a couple of other players. Have you seen their current roster? They don't have anyone left.

Here are Dallas's top four players remaining on their roster:
Dirk Nowitzki (37 years old)
Chandler Parsons
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton (not a misprint)

Things are so bad they are considering trading for Roy Hibbert (not a misprint).

Brick

Erzzzzz fucking suck. They are just a box office Kobe farewell tour at this point. I wonder how many times he's fucked Derek jeter

R2D2

Honestly, the Mavericks and Lakers are in the same situation in my opinion. Both have an aging star, but L.A. has more depth and younger pieces. Mavericks have the better coach doe, and a better owner. Either way he's not winning a ring any time soon, or the length of his contract probably, in L.A. or Dallas.

Heisman06

Wes Matthews will reportedly turn down huge offer (64 million) from the Kings to sign with the Mavericks.​

Mame YO

slings rocks
Welp. This is probably the least awesome free agency period of recent memory. i really think LA is making a mistake signing with anyone other than the spurs or blazers... Money or shampionships yo. Going to the lakers or mavs would be fucking stupid.

The blazers would probably of had a better shot at keeping Aldridge if there were more reel max level FAs doe. Even getting a commitment from Monroe might not have convinced Aldridge to stay.

Heisman06

Assuming Aldridge leaves, Portland will have lost LMA, Matthews, Batum, Afflalo, Lopez and Blake in a week's span.

Some of those guys may be addition by subtraction, when considering their contracts, but I can't imagine a more brutal offseason.