• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

Brick

9cBsqZ9.jpg

/thread

Bucksin04

Portland just signed Enes Kanter to a 4 year/$70M offer sheet. Would it be funnier if OKC matched that or if Portland was stuck with it?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Portland just signed Enes Kanter to a 4 year/$70M offer sheet. Would it be funnier if OKC matched that or if Portland was stuck with it?

Yes. Royce Young put it best: "If they match, everyone laughs at how much they overpaid. If they pass, then everyone laughs at how cheap the ownership is."

-YTC

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The best part is they're going to go into the lux tax for Kanter but not DA BEARD.

They better not, I read the deal has two poison pills in it that the Thunder don't touch. Trade kicker and a PO. If they match it will go against everything Presti has done thus far, aside from the luxury tax.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean I get that they'll probably match, and the Harden thing was a little different in that the cap wasn't predicted to rise like it is now. Idk, it's a terrible contract IMO. I just don't like the poison pill and Portland is just fucking with OKC because they know OKC is backed into a corner here. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing. Big question is will Kanter ever give a fuck about defense, and if he does would it even matter? If it doesn't work out OKC will just have two years of a Payne/Kanter led team :laughing:

Herrb

Come on @OU11 Tell us how you really feel.

It's gonna be devastating to look back on this when they pay up for Kanter. RUSS and KD leave. And then it's all over.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Come on @OU11 Tell us how you really feel.

It's gonna be devastating to look back on this when they pay up for Kanter. RUSS and KD leave. And then it's all over.

I'm resigned to being a Wizards and Lakers fan, don't worry. Fucking Blazers, man. They lose their franchise player and just piss in OKC's cheerios. They already have five bigs and four are under 25 :laughing:

PSUEagle

Kanter isn't very good IMO: worst defensive big in the association.

He's way more skilled than Deandre, but the latter is far more valuable in today's game.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Kanter isn't very good IMO: worst defensive big in the association.

He's way more skilled than Deandre, but the latter is far more valuable in today's game.

Small sample size without anything resembling a full team, but he had a top 10 PER with the Thunder. He's really good on offense and is mobile enough to pick and roll and create spacing which is almost impossible to find in a big man. I wonder how much he contributes when the lineup is RUSS-Morrow-KD-SERGE-Kanter. Serge's strength is weakside help which mitigates Kanter's defensive ineptitude a little, but how much will he be needed in those lineups? IMO he'd have to really show out when one of RUSS or KD are out to be worth it.

It'll be interesting. OKC just received the offer, so they have until Sunday. I really liked Augustine as a backup PG too, sucks he has to go to sign Kanter. With oil crashing I doubt the ownership group wants to front that $40M

PSUEagle

Small sample size without anything resembling a full team, but he had a top 10 PER with the Thunder. He's really good on offense and is mobile enough to pick and roll and create spacing which is almost impossible to find in a big man. I wonder how much he contributes when the lineup is RUSS-Morrow-KD-SERGE-Kanter. Serge's strength is weakside help which mitigates Kanter's defensive ineptitude a little, but how much will he be needed in those lineups? IMO he'd have to really show out when one of RUSS or KD are out to be worth it.

It'll be interesting. OKC just received the offer, so they have until Sunday. I really liked Augustine as a backup PG too, sucks he has to go to sign Kanter. With oil crashing I doubt the ownership group wants to front that $40M

You might be right, but I watched a lot of OKC games when ya'll acquired him (hoping for your 1st rounder to convey). I saw a guy who was painfully slow, offered no resistance at the rim, and seemed lost on rotations. He puts up good box score stats, but I really believe they are "empty" in the context of winning games. Also think he's a ball stopper on offense and a bit of a black hole.

Utah went from being horrible to dominant on defense as soon as the shipped him out and put in Gobert full time with Favors. I hate big men who only play offense (why I'm not a Jahlil Okafor fan).

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You might be right, but I watched a lot of OKC games when ya'll acquired him (hoping for your 1st rounder to convey). I saw a guy who was painfully slow, offered no resistance at the rim, and seemed lost on rotations. He puts up good box score stats, but I really believe they are "empty" in the context of winning games. Also think he's a ball stopper on offense and a bit of a black hole.

Utah went from being horrible to dominant on defense as soon as the shipped him out and put in Gobert full time with Favors. I hate big men who only play offense (why I'm not a Jahlil Okafor fan).

Yeah there is no way to know how he'll be with a full squad, only thing that's for sure is his production will go down. He's not worth 17M or whatever it is, unless that's what it costs to keep Durant. Some fans on reddit are citing some 19-11 record which I have no idea about. They were 15-11 in games he played in. If Durant wants him, sign him. They'll have all the cap space in the world if Durant leaves.

PSUEagle

Going to be interested in seeing how things play out in a year if Durant bolts: I bet Presti trades Westbrook and reboots rather than letting him walk for nothing the following year.

zoltan

Okc is wack yo. They got two good people. You need either a big three (heat, celtics) or a complete team (spurs, Warriors) to win a ship these days.

Durant and Russ can come to their respective LA teams soon enough. :)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Okc is wack yo. They got two good people. You need either a big three (heat, celtics) or a complete team (spurs, Warriors) to win a ship these days.

Durant and Russ can come to their respective LA teams soon enough. :)

They have two good people when their whole team goes out with injury.

RUSS
Morrow
KD
Serge
Kanter

Payne
Waiters
Singler
McGary
Adams

To me, that's a pretty good squad, to me. Obviously the second 5 is the weak link, but their starting lineup has two superstars, a good shooter, a pretty good and getting better stretch 4 and a double double guy at center. Whether he gets double doubles with a full strength lineup is to be determined, but he'll get 9-13 boards a night I'm sure. Billy D will keep one of RUSS/KD in at all times, so that's a load off the second 4 whoever that ends up being.

I think they'll be fine if they stay healthy, with a good chance to make it to the finals and see Lebrin again. Not really worried about the Warriors honestly.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Portland did OKC dirty... Thunder have no choice but to match on Kanter.

I saw he's the worst 6'10 or over defensive player since '73-'74. Maybe effort will help? Who knows but at this point OKC doesn't have a choice because they have no cap space and there is no one left out there.

RUSS definitely has as good a chance as anyone in the West.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Portland did OKC dirty... Thunder have no choice but to match on Kanter.

I saw he's the worst 6'10 or over defensive player since '73-'74. Maybe effort will help? Who knows but at this point OKC doesn't have a choice because they have no cap space and there is no one left out there.

RUSS definitely has as good a chance as anyone in the West.
I think what will help more than anything is serge as help defense. He had nobody to help really in his stint here late in the season. He's really bad, like just watch people lay it up bad. Maybe serge can learn a timing thing using kanter as bait.

zoltan

aight now reel. i know youre happy you guys locked down the monobrow beast. Prolly gonna be the best player in the league for a long time after he surpasses lebron.

cant go wrong with that.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
If OKC does pull the trigger on Kanter then they have to deal PJIII, Novak, and prolly one more to make the immediate tax penalty more digestible, but once the cap goes up in a couple of years, Kanter's contract will be almost nothing. With or without him, they're a strong contender in an insane Western Conference, but I'd rather have him than Portland. Yeah, he sucks defensively (and "sucks" is being nice), but I think defense is easier to teach than offense (see: Kendrick Perkins). Whatever happens, GO RUSS.

RUSS.

Bucksin04

If OKC does pull the trigger on Kanter then they have to deal PJIII, Novak, and prolly one more to make the immediate tax penalty more digestible, but once the cap goes up in a couple of years, Kanter's contract will be almost nothing.

Ehhhh...I have it calculated that 4/70M under the new cap numbers and estimates translates to a $11.9M player last year. Some guys who fall in that range:

David West, Kyle Lowry, Al Horford, Nic Batum, Nikola Pekovic, Ty Lawson, Andre Iguodala, Serge Ibaka, Andrea Bargnani, DeAndre Jordan.

With the exception of Bargs I don't think there's a single player I'd take Kanter over on that list.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Ehhhh...I have it calculated that 4/70M under the new cap numbers and estimates translates to a $11.9M player last year. Some guys who fall in that range:

David West, Kyle Lowry, Al Horford, Nic Batum, Nikola Pekovic, Ty Lawson, Andre Iguodala, Serge Ibaka, Andrea Bargnani, DeAndre Jordan.

With the exception of Bargs I don't think there's a single player I'd take Kanter over on that list.
He's talking about the % of the cap that it will take up. $10m will be the equivalent of $5-6m in 2-3 years.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
LMAO. FOH Broussard.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn0spa

"Regarding my Wednesday report: I should have attempted to contact Mark Cuban before reporting what my sources were telling me. I always try to carry myself with honesty and integrity both personally and professionally. I recognize that I tweeted hastily, I’m sorry for it, and I will learn from my mistake."

Instead of doubling down like a moron he shoulda just said it was satire once Cuban called him on it

either way that saga has to go down in NBA lore as one of the greatest of all time