• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

DanishDonut0

Leicester defense is fine, lol.

200.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Just need to slip in here and take back those glib comments about signing Obamayang...I'll be quick...

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Turned this on at half time, and I’m not sure Arsenal have had a touch in Man City’s half. And their defense and Ospina cannot play out at all. Arsenal going to lose to Milan in the Europa League I bet.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Milan is the Arsenal of Italy (-manager stability) so it will probably be evenly matched

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

This list ... yeesh. I don't remember a lot of these against bad Premier League teams because those losses just blend together for me.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wenger has no business being around anymore. I could have said this in 2012, too, and it would have been correct.

I'm trying to think of the nearest analogue, and it's tough. The closest I can come up with is the early 90s Bills, but they actually made the Super Bowl 4 times! Maybe the past decade Capitals or Canucks? Just constantly spending money (but not really enough) and wilting against any serious opposition.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Wenger has no business being around anymore. I could have said this in 2012, too, and it would have been correct.

I'm trying to think of the nearest analogue, and it's tough. The closest I can come up with is the early 90s Bills, but they actually made the Super Bowl 4 times! Maybe the past decade Capitals or Canucks? Just constantly spending money (but not really enough) and wilting against any serious opposition.

I don't even know if those apply. To me, a big part of the Arsenal debacle is the fact that they've been champions before.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'll never forget that 4-4 draw with Newcastle.

Nor should you, because the tying goal came on a 30 yard volley from Cheikh Tiote...using his weak foot.

This is the sort of thing that just doesn't happen to other teams, but this is why I subscribe mostly to a "make your own luck" theory in sports. It doesn't happen to other teams because they don't let it.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
What about the late 90s Barves?

Mid-to-late 2000s Colorado Avalanche are pretty similar, too. Even owned by the same person.

chibob

That Crystal Palace game when they lost 3-0 and one of the Palace centre backs was going stepovers and nut megging Arsenal midfielders.

The thing that has let Arsenal down and maybe you blame Wenger or maybe it goes higher but their recruitment has been terrible.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The United Arab Emirates’ intolerance of criticism continued in 2017 with the detention of prominent Emirati rights defender Ahmed Mansoor for exercising his right to free expression. The government arbitrarily detains and forcibly disappears individuals who criticize authorities.

The UAE continued to play a leading role in the Saudi-led coalition, which has conducted scores of unlawful attacks in Yemen. The UAE was implicated in detainee abuse at home and abroad.

Labor abuses persist. Migrant construction workers face serious exploitation. The UAE introduced a domestic workers law providing them labor rights for the first time, but some provisions are weaker than those accorded to other workers under the labor law.

The UAE continued to ban representatives of international human rights organizations from visiting.

Dreams indeed.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Once Arsenal lose to ManCity again, Brighton this weekend, and Milan next week, will Wenger actually get fired?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Once Arsenal lose to ManCity again, Brighton this weekend, and Milan next week, will Wenger actually get fired?

No. Because Gazidis knows nothing about football and takes all his advice from Wenger. It's a particularly poisonous situation, as he's completely incapable of making a footballing decision, and yet he's in the most important position in the club, with an owner that really doesn't care that he's in the job. The thought of Gazidis sacking Wenger and being in charge of finding a replacement is truly terrifying.

If Kroenke had any brain or cared, he could hire a really competent chief exec, and the club could be run pretty much on the same budget and be competing, but he doesn't and he won't.