• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022: The World Cup Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
We needed a big mong like Weghorst to throw in at the end, not Jordan Morris. Watching us put hopeless crosses into the box was just sad. None of our guys were ever going to beat van Dijk or Ake to those.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hm, if only there were a 6ft+ striker in form all season in his league that Gregg could have bought instead of Jordan fucking Morris

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I watched the extended highlights and that honestly wasn't as bad as I expected. Both teams had some really poor defensive moments, but the DUTCH converted their chances while the US just can't finish. To me, a bandwagon man, at least the US was generating attacking movement that caused such errors. They have more NON BUMS on the team than I've ever seen! Pulisic and Weah took decent shots that were just saved and then the other good chances just fell to the bums for the most part, lol. That first touch from Wright, LMAO.... fitting that I don't think he realized he scored either, lol.

I got a lot of opinions for someone who didn't even watch the game!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I hate that there's some merit to the "if only our athletes played soccer" hot take. Turner is maybe a top 50 keeper in the world and he only played soccer in HS to keep in shape for baseball.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Some merit? My brother in Christ, we’ve had 200 years of selective breeding designed to create better laborers.

The best WC countries seem to be those with dastardly national histories of colonialism and slavery. Who is left to root for that doesn’t? Genuinely interested…

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Senegal. Not sure if it's possible in the bracket but if they play and beat France it would be amazing.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

I haven't watched any pre- or post-game stuff, so I don't know how accurate it is. The commenters have generally been fine, but I really hate the Cobi Jones - JP Dellacamera paring. I've actually liked Landon Donovan's commentary when I've heard it. I do wish we could get an American announcer that was any good. I love Ian Darke, Derek Rae, etc., but it would be nice to have an American announcer that was decent.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

I haven't watched any pre- or post-game stuff, so I don't know how accurate it is. The commenters have generally been fine, but I really hate the Cobi Jones - JP Dellacamera paring. I've actually liked Landon Donovan's commentary when I've heard it. I do wish we could get an American announcer that was any good. I love Ian Darke, Derek Rae, etc., but it would be nice to have an American announcer that was decent.

Consider it a blessing that we don't get GUS anymore.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
CROTES have TIED it.

Have not been paying enough attention to see the OUTFITS of the CORCHES yet. Judgment withheld until VISUAL confirmations.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Now we get to see how Bmack's wardrobe theory correlates with extra time! Will either manager be making significant wardrobe switch-ups for the final 30?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The "win one for the Gipper" energy here must be huge. Even for a team full of Bolsonaro-loving narcissists, you'd have to think that having your national hero who happens to be friendly futebol grandpa watching from hospice has to be a huge motivator.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It makes sense, but it is weird seeing Kovacic and Modric being subbed off, Perisic is the only NAME left on the field for Croatia