• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 8 Thread - Holly Holy

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Well, yeah. But one of the best defenses. Minnesota probably won't be able to score unless it's on defense with how mediocre to bad their offense has been

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Iowa's offense now even WORSE. Both Michigan players that transferred are now broken.

Source: Iowa's Erick All has torn ACL, out for season​

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Well, yeah. But one of the best defenses. Minnesota probably won't be able to score unless it's on defense with how mediocre to bad their offense has been
Rutgers offense isn’t anything to right home about either, but maybe they can make a play on specials. Who really knows?

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Dickrod gonna coach himself into another big time gig at this rate.

Pretty solid work given the transition to FBS and going 6-2 so far.

Skeeter

Uber felon

Would explain how he suddenly started winning games that matter when he couldn't before. Also explains how awful they are in the playoffs when teams have time to change signs

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
is sharing a bunk bed with a croot not allowed?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I love this sign stealing story so much. A bunch of whiny coaches complain about it, and now there's an NCAA investigation. Incredible. First of all, change your fucking signs. Go up tempo. Run a player onto the field with the play. It's not your god-given right to have your signs be secret. Also, if Michigan is doing it, it is completely unnecessary against the mugs they play week-to-week. They are horrible at it, too. Maybe our safety should cover the receiver going vertical on a trick play. Or maybe Michigan is playing mind games by only stealing every third play. Who knows?!?! Michigan is running the most vanilla shit right now. Great job, guys, let's steal signs so we can run cover 3 again! Oooh, let's run duo into a stacked box again!

My favorite part is the fans who are convinced that's the reason Michigan is winning big games. Or maybe it's because Manny Diaz decided to not play a gap-sound defense against the best conventional running game in the country last year... I'm sure Michigan's sign stealing made OSU to play cover 0 all game, not to fill gaps correctly, their safeties play like shit, their corners not make a 1 on 1 tackle on a 5 yard out, the defensive line get their ass whooped, not lining up in the right spot, Hutchinson and Ojabo to whip OSU's NFL tackles over and over, etc.

The stupidest thing is that play calls are not hard to figure out. I spent years watching MSU destroy us with the same double A gap blitz that everybody and their mother knew was coming. In 2018 and 2019, OSU called mesh on at least half of their plays. Everyone knew it. Michigan was not stopping it. Tony Romo calls out exact plays live on TV! This shit isn't hard.

Harbaugh is self-admittedly not a smart man, so maybe he did it. Who knows. Still seems like the dumbest scandal since ... well ... breakfast cheeseburger gate.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Wait, there are issues with figuring out the big poster boards that have random memes and cartoon characters on them?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I love this sign stealing story so much. A bunch of whiny coaches complain about it, and now there's an NCAA investigation. Incredible. First of all, change your fucking signs. Go up tempo. Run a player onto the field with the play. It's not your god-given right to have your signs be secret. Also, if Michigan is doing it, it is completely unnecessary against the mugs they play week-to-week. They are horrible at it, too. Maybe our safety should cover the receiver going vertical on a trick play. Or maybe Michigan is playing mind games by only stealing every third play. Who knows?!?! Michigan is running the most vanilla shit right now. Great job, guys, let's steal signs so we can run cover 3 again! Oooh, let's run duo into a stacked box again!

My favorite part is the fans who are convinced that's the reason Michigan is winning big games. Or maybe it's because Manny Diaz decided to not play a gap-sound defense against the best conventional running game in the country last year... I'm sure Michigan's sign stealing made OSU to play cover 0 all game, not to fill gaps correctly, their safeties play like shit, their corners not make a 1 on 1 tackle on a 5 yard out, the defensive line get their ass whooped, not lining up in the right spot, Hutchinson and Ojabo to whip OSU's NFL tackles over and over, etc.

The stupidest thing is that play calls are not hard to figure out. I spent years watching MSU destroy us with the same double A gap blitz that everybody and their mother knew was coming. In 2018 and 2019, OSU called mesh on at least half of their plays. Everyone knew it. Michigan was not stopping it. Tony Romo calls out exact plays live on TV! This shit isn't hard.

Harbaugh is self-admittedly not a smart man, so maybe he did it. Who knows. Still seems like the dumbest scandal since ... well ... breakfast cheeseburger gate.

DeadMad is BACK

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
What does stealing signs mean though? I really only thought that was a problem in baseball

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
A lot of teams signal calls in from the sidelines, especially when teams are REALLY GOIN TEMPO

I also remember reading that those signs are bullshit a lot of the time

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oh I see it was in-person scouting. That makes sense even though I didn't know that was illegal.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
a rusty bonesaw, whisky, and some athletic tape

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I love this sign stealing story so much. A bunch of whiny coaches complain about it, and now there's an MLB investigation. Incredible. First of all, change your fucking signs. Go up tempo. Run a catcher onto the field with the pitch. It's not your god-given right to have your signs be secret. Also, if Houston is doing it, it is completely unnecessary against the mugs they play week-to-week. They are horrible at it, too. Maybe our batter should make contact on a squeeze play. Or maybe Houston is playing mind games by only stealing every third pitch. Who knows?!?! Houston is swinging the most vanilla bats right now. Great job, guys, let's steal signs so we can swing at strike 3 again! Oooh, let's bunt into a shifted infield again!

My favorite part is the fans who are convinced that's the reason Houston is winning big series. Or maybe it's because Dave Roberts decided to not play a gap-sound infield against the best conventional hitting game in the country last year... I'm sure Houston’s sign stealing made LA pitch to contact all game, not to fill gaps correctly, their outfield play like shit, their corner infielders not make a 5-3 putout on a ground ball, the relief staff get their ass whooped, not lining up in the right spot, Springer and Altuve to whip LA’s all-star pitching over and over, etc.

The stupidest thing is that pitch calls are not hard to figure out. I spent years watching St. Louis destroy us with the same two strike breaking ball that everybody and their mother knew was coming. In 2012 and 2013, St. Louis called slider on at least half of their pitches. Everyone knew it. Houston was not hitting it. John Smoltz calls out exact pitches live on TV! This shit isn't hard.

A.J. Hinch is self-admittedly not a smart man, so maybe he did it. Who knows. Still seems like the dumbest scandal since ... well ... breakfast cheeseburger gate.