• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2051 HUNGER GAMES - SUBMIT PLAYERS BY 2PM TODAY OR THE HG IS CANCELLED

Do you want the Hunger Games to be a permanent league fixture? (with #11 pick as prize).

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Go fuck urself, Tavaris.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
YAY!!!! HUNGER GAMES ARE HERE TO SOLVE ALL LEAGUE PROBLEMS!

Here's the deal... I ran the inaugural Hunger Games on sort of a trial basis and donated my 1st round draft pick as the prize so that nobody would be salty about a compensatory pick or whatever. I enjoyed the Hunger Games last season and it seemed like others did as well, but I'd like you'll to vote on whether we should continue to do this. I will continue to run the Hunger Games in the future, if there is interest but obviously I don't want to give up my 1st round pick every season to do so. As part of the vote to continue the hunger games, I'll suggest that we allocate a compensatory #11 pick in the first round as the prize (just in front of the playoff teams).

Please vote (whether you are interested in the Hunger Games or not, I value the league input on this issue).

@OU11, @Rutgers Mike, @Mr. Radpants, @Orlando, @Yankee151, @doh, @Wendell Gee, @Karl Hungus, @Schauwn, @NML, @Lloyd Carr, NML, @jdlikewhoa, @Gooksta, @osick87, @Reel, @ZackMills, @Wolfman21, @bruin228, @bruin

Lloyd Carr

The only thing I'd change is maybe switching from the #11 overall to maybe throw on the comp. pick at the end of the first round instead. That way those who don't want to participate, and who are in picks 11-18 (which I'm sure there will be an owner-manager or two in that range who don't want to play (miserable fucks as they are)), don't get bumped down a spot through no fault of their own. Granted, they'd be getting bumped down a spot overall for the 2nd round and beyond, at least their 1st rounder wouldn't take that artificial 1 spot change.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Fuck the playoff teams, they are HAVES, so if they get bumped 1 spot then tough titty! I honestly think the #11 pick is a lot more attractive reason to give up a decent player than the last 1st round pick, but that's just like my opinion man and I think it is important that there is a general consensus on whatever compensation is offered. The break between playoffs/not playoffs just seemed like a logical point, but I agree that the end of the round would be logical as well. The #1 pick is what I really wanted to give away (to reduce the incentive to tank) but I know people won't go for that, lol.

I appreciate your input and if others feel that way as well I'd be open for making it that last 1st round pick.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The only thing I'd change is maybe switching from the #11 overall to maybe throw on the comp. pick at the end of the first round instead. That way those who don't want to participate, and who are in picks 11-18 (which I'm sure there will be an owner-manager or two in that range who don't want to play (miserable fucks as they are)), don't get bumped down a spot through no fault of their own. Granted, they'd be getting bumped down a spot overall for the 2nd round and beyond, at least their 1st rounder wouldn't take that artificial 1 spot change.

Nice try HAVE

Wolfman21

what are the rules with this again? I didn't participate last season and i don't even think i read half of a page of the thread last season so i have no idea what this is about

Wolfman21

You are welcome to go read the rules in the Hunger Games 2050 thread!

Meh, I'd rather not participate

kenny-powers-bullpen-entrance-o.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Curious what his projected budget for next year is. I bet it jumps close to 120.

It is based on regular season revenue, so it is total revenue (110 Million) minus however much he made during the playoffs (2.7M as of this sim). So close to = 107 M. Cairo's will also be 107M, but they will be cash poor so schauwn he should be just above them with the 13th highest budget in the league next season (bottom 5).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You'll can start sending me tributes at any time, btw.

Some suggestions I have based on what I noticed from last year:

1. If you are a HAVE NOT and don't have much to offer, at least consider tributing a young prospect who is on a minor league contract and at least has the potential to develop. You won't have much of a chance to win the comp pick, but at least you are providing value. Providing value is something that is key to making everyone want to keep doing this in the future... If your player is on a minor league contract they are also less likely to be murdered. Having your tribute get murdered come with a penalty this season!

2. Consider the importance of position (my mistake last year) A DH type player won the 1st annual hunger games, but unless you have an awesome DH to donate, you should consider the fact that the majority of WBL teams are set at that position and therefore your guy might not get a shot. This is why pitchers seemed so popular last year. With roughly half the players on any given roster being pitchers, it is easier to find room for one on a roster.

3. I'd like to see a rise in the general quality of players tributed this season. Take a look at the players that were donated last year and try to find a guy who is equivalent or better than the top half of that draft. Particularly focus on guys who have struggled due to your unique park situation but might thrive elsewhere.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Key change to the HUNGER GAMES: The Comp Pick will now be based on a FULL SEASON performance and the draft pick will be awarded the NEXT season.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Plot twist! I didn't realize @Gooksta quit. We could have a new 2nd round of the hunger games draft based on where your tribute was selected in order to divvy all of his players in a FIRE SALE.

Simulation baseball players have rights and I don't think they should be subjected to a CPU controlled team. It is better we scuttle the franchise permanently.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you don't have someone useful to offer, throw in a prospect who is on a MILC.

HUNGER GAMES STARTS MONDAY AFTERNOON. PLEASE SUBMIT UR PLAYERS BY MONDAY AT 2PM Eastern Time.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I have a really busy day today, as it turns out and I party tonight that I was previously unaware of. As such, I will have to wait until tomorrow to organize everything anyway. So you have until 2pm Tuesday to submit.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ya'll have 2 hours to send me ur players via PM or I'm canceling the 2052 Hunger Games for lack of participation. As of now I have 4 players including my own.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you fucks could please link to the players in question that would be great. It is a significant time commitment on my part to unfuck your retarded responses and I'd like to do less of that.
I've unfucked Yankee's post to give you an example of a good format that makes things easier for me:

Istanbul sends - 3B Hector Herrera

Remember, this year there is a surprise punishment if your player is murdered so you might want to consider what sort of Shitheel you are sending, YANKEE.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
sure, why not? Anyone opposed to that? Osick submitted a good player last year and did not receive any benefit for it. To me, this seems a fair benefit to me.

That's basically in line with the punishment I was thinking of as well. If you submit a player who gets killed, you draft last in the next hunger games (or in the order your players were killed if multiple players are killed).

NML

I haven't seen a single player I want. The best two (outside of mine), had a combined -1.4 WAR last year.

LAWD

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I haven't seen a single player I want. The best two (outside of mine), had a combined -1.4 WAR last year.

LAWD

I don't think you understand the point of the Hunger Games. This is a venue to move around players who either struggled for your team or failed to earn a spot on your team, but should be good enough to make a WBL roster for someone. Generally the idea is to move some borderline players that don't get playing time for the HAVES to HAVE NOT teams where they might have a chance. Trading for these players is basically impossible and so they often just wither away on AAA rosters for some HAVE.

Nobody is going to be GREAT (you're guy is a 31 year old 45 movement pitcher so I wouldn't expect anyone to do backflips for him either) but generally speaking, you'll get about the same type of player you put in. Some people (Yankee) send shitheads who will be murdered and we should shame him for that.

Remember that the only way to actually WIN at the Hunger Games is by sending a player that didn't play well for you (ie you don't give up a key player) but DOES play well for someone else next season and earns you that draft pick.