• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2056 Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

So, a guy that hit 30 HRs a year for you and cost $4M was worth a 4th round pick to you. BUT, $2M isn't? Somehow, to you, $2M is worth more than $4M and 30 HRs?

the fuck do you get your valuations from? @NML

NML

So, a guy that hit 30 HRs a year for you and cost $4M was worth a 4th round pick to you. BUT, $2M isn't? Somehow, to you, $2M is worth more than $4M and 30 HRs?

the fuck do you get your valuations from? @NML

Oh hey a Dani post, I collect these.

When I made the offer, he was coming off an 11 HR and -1.4 WAR season.

NO REALLY GUYS IM FINE MONEY DOESNT EVEN MATTER!

Lloyd Carr

Oh hey a Dani post, I collect these.

When I made the offer, he was coming off an 11 HR and -1.4 WAR season.

NO REALLY GUYS IM FINE MONEY DOESNT EVEN MATTER!

I'm talking about Gonnett. No idea who you're talking about.

NML

Travis got me shook, clearly.

Yeah I fleeced you on that one. Good bit of business for me. To be fair, if you had taken my initial offer of a comp pick based on WARS WON, you would've received a 2nd rounder.

And really this fleece shows you have the bad valuation calculator.

Lloyd Carr

Travis got me shook, clearly.

Yeah I fleeced you on that one. Good bit of business for me. To be fair, if you had taken my initial offer of a comp pick based on WARS WON, you would've received a 2nd rounder.

And really this fleece shows you have the bad valuation calculator.

No, it shows I'm not a scumbag.

I do my best to put together trades that help everyone equally. I don't set out trying to trade to rip someone off, which is something I can't say for some of you'll. I bend of over backwards at times to make sure my trade partners don't leave thinking they got a raw deal.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I wouldn't expect the shitheads we see in the 4th round to fetch $2M if they were an IFA.

Has anyone paid over $2M in bonus to anyone in the 3rd round? I gave Eric de Krieze $1.5M a couple of drafts ago but I would have taken him in the 1st if not for the other guys I took earlier.

I do my best to put together trades that help everyone equally. I don't set out trying to trade to rip someone off, which is something I can't say for some of you'll. I bend of over backwards at times to make sure my trade partners don't leave thinking they got a raw deal.

You need to dig deep and find this part of you again so I can pull off a six team trade.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The best draft pick experiment would be to look at the 11 picks over 3 years that I traded to NML as a sthick and see how they're doing. I'm actually curious but my guess is most of them aren't worth anything

NML

The best draft pick experiment would be to look at the 11 picks over 3 years that I traded to NML as a sthick and see how they're doing. I'm actually curious but my guess is most of them aren't worth anything

You also sent Marvin Randull who's probably worth more than all the rest combined.

TonyGin&Juice

3/4 of my 1st round picks from this most recent draft signed for less than $2M a piece.

New offer: $2m for a 1st

I'd do that as long as it's one of the ones I traded you. Hell, for both of them back Id give you $4M, Hammond, and the CF you wAnted.

TonyGin&Juice

Why stop at six teams? Let's do an 18 team trade.

I'll throw in a 4th round pick. Just need to get someone to throw in $2M and route it my way.

Take a look at what I just offered.

The three team trade was pretty easy since it was pretty much me take on salary for Yankee to get a guy he wanted and Schauwn to get some prospects for his rebuild. Yankee shipped a bunch of lottery tickets my way he didn't have plans for so I did get something out of it. Schauwn and I had to do some negotiating to get it to work so I doubt another three way trade would go as smooth.

Lloyd Carr

Take a look at what I just offered.

The three team trade was pretty easy since it was pretty much me take on salary for Yankee to get a guy he wanted and Schauwn to get some prospects for his rebuild. Yankee shipped a bunch of lottery tickets my way he didn't have plans for so I did get something out of it. Schauwn and I had to do some negotiating to get it to work so I doubt another three way trade would go as smooth.

I won't be giving away any 1sts for a while. I'm past that stage in my simulation baseball career.

And yeah, multiple team trades are tricky. But they're cool when they pan out.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

You are a preferred trade partner for sure but oh you mad tonight.

ZackMills

Have mercy
He'll never learn if we bail him out.

A-Christmas-Story-tongue-stuck.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He should have attended your workshop at the Winter Meetings.

How is there no gif of Jessie Spano taking notes with two pencils on the internet? Must I do everything myself?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
What happens when you have a guy getting his first post-arb extension who won't take less than seven years?

ZackMills

Have mercy
What happens when you have a guy getting his first post-arb extension who won't take less than seven years?

Piss off a player you consider a building block of your team to the point where now he only wants to go year by year. Karshev wanted a really reasonable 8 year deal. Too bad I couldn't sign him to it.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Piss off a player you consider a building block of your team to the point where now he only wants to go year by year. Karshev wanted a really reasonable 8 year deal. Too bad I couldn't sign him to it.

Yep. Villareal wants 9 years at a pretty decent salary, and keeps countering my 5 years with 7. :(

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Douglass suffered some substantial ratings drops in the offseason, making him more loathsome than ever! Therefore, his Talismanic properties have grown even more powerful and he's got Kabul suffering their worst start imaginable and NDR sweeping Buffalo (even with rigger slayer on the roster). The rest of the WBL should just give up now that the Douglass Deckerades Dyanmic Duo is running this show.

22161989983_c57ffa70cb_o.jpg

Even triangle man loves us!