• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2071 Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Nah, b. Have learned to rest guys throughout the year and/or not have em throw max pitches every game.
Uhhhh this don't work. Advocaat threw more than 100 pitches in 4 of 19 starts. Castro was 6 of 25 starts.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
That is correct. But point being having pitch counts don't really cure pitching injuries or easily prevent them.

Castro had a hand injury in 2058 that put him out for 2 weeks then a hamstring in 2066 that was 2-3 weeks. That's it. No arm issues then his rotator cuff blows up.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I couldn't believe when he defected by escaping on Las Vegas's shuttle after the winter meetings!

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
theres no point in us listening to a guy whos team hardly ever makes the playoffs. just let him post
giphy.gif

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
That is correct. But point being having pitch counts don't really cure pitching injuries or easily prevent them.

Castro had a hand injury in 2058 that put him out for 2 weeks then a hamstring in 2066 that was 2-3 weeks. That's it. No arm issues then his rotator cuff blows up.

Injury history is a portion of the equation. Injury rating along with innings pitched another.
Castro has been near 200ip since coming into the league. That eventually leads to a breakdown. Or is that logic thrown out the window since it’s a vidya game as opposed to real life?

Soonerfan09

I run my pitchers into the ground, but haven't had too many big injuries between Mintey, Antas, and Carcamo - all of which average over or near 200 innings pitched per season (not counting playoffs.) Antas and Carcamo are both Durable, but neither have had a big injury (Antas missed 7 weeks with bicep tendinitis in '68, Carcamo has been day-to-day for 11 total days since joining the Mules in '62.) Mintey, who has Normal injury proneness (he might have been fragile until ma'boy Wooly hooked him up), suffered a big injury in '61 with a set back, and a moderate injury (5-6 weeks plus a 3 week set back) in '69. Aside from that, he has just had small day-to-day injuries.

Moral of the story is don't have fragile pitchers, but if you do, make them not be!

I also find it interesting that every pitcher in Dublin's rotation started out in Moscow.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That's a lot for Scuttlebutt :(
Nice year so far though!

I’ve had all types of ace pitchers on my staff. You just need to know what you have and deal with it. I was bummed to lose both my rookie pitchers, but it happens with fragile pitchers despite pitch count. When I had fragile or low stamina aces I ran 6-man rotations quite a bit. It was more important they be healthy for playoffs.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah I ran a 6-man most of last year for Wilson and Invalid, then moved them both to the pen this past year. I always want at least one durable ace though, which has been the case with Sabertooth, Braves, and now Morin (not this year)

Soonerfan09

congrats on making the league championship series @Soonerfan09

losing my 2 best pitchers and my 2nd best position player is too much to overcome
Meh, we lost to shitty Miami team in the first round last season with a pretty healthy roster. Our offense is always garbage in the playoffs, so it probably won't matter who you throw.