• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Are you from PD looking for evidence on @brick, sir? The Miami Hurricanes Thread aka Baseless Rumors Corner

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Basically watching the message board fans celebrate this is like watching "Christians" blame gay marriage for earthquakes. There is nothing you can say to dissuade them because they were never using reason in the first place. You do kinda hope a meteor lands on their houses though...

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I liked the guy in roadhouse and dirty dancing. He was always in good shape. Didn't know he got into s&c cosching. Must be why he hasn't made any recent films.

Keith1212

CXvXir7W8AAiGy9.jpg

Keith1212

Pat "Black Lives Matter" Ivey formerly of Missouri is the front runner for s&c

Anyone qualified is an improvement on Swasey but to go from Swasey to him would be like going from a hood Crown Fried Chicken spot to the SW Steakhouse at the Wynn.

PSUEagle

Pat "Black Lives Matter" Ivey formerly of Missouri is the front runner for s&c

Anyone qualified is an improvement on Swasey but to go from Swasey to him would be like going from a hood Crown Fried Chicken spot to the SW Steakhouse at the Wynn.

Rep just for the comparison:laughing:

GuyIncognito

I don't expect the internet trollbase to give a shit, but I feel compelled to say that Swasey and Kehoe were two huge influences on my life. Kehoe is the reason I went to Miami in the first place. He has been there since 79, he has 5 rings, he's put countless linemen in the league and we're on pace for a bunch more once this young group gets more starts under their belts.

That the internet goons are celebrating his departure says a lot more about them than it does about him.

PSUEagle

mak firing dem' ad hominem attacks still, I see.

Searels is probably a meh hire, but he's still an upgrade over Kehoe.

GuyIncognito

And don't use words you don't understand. An ad hominem argument is the suggestion that a position is false because of who is advancing it.

I gave a laundry list of reasons why Swasey and Kehoe are fine coaches, and all we got back was "they're unqualified." YOUR arguments have taken the form of ad hominem attacks, because they denigrate these coaches based merely on their attachment to a program you want burned down and not to their individual contributions.

It doesn't matter how many people they put in the league, you want them all fired.

PSUEagle

And don't use words you don't understand. An ad hominem argument is the suggestion that a position is false because of who is advancing it.

I gave a laundry list of reasons why Swasey and Kehoe are fine coaches, and all we got back was "they're unqualified." YOUR arguments have taken the form of ad hominem attacks, because they denigrate these coaches based merely on their attachment to a program you want burned down and not to their individual contributions.

It doesn't matter how many people they put in the league, you want them all fired.

Deriding those that disagree with your positions as internet fans isn't?

And I'm not a Miami fan, although I kind of have a soft spot for them since one of my favorite HS teachers played football there in the 80's.

GuyIncognito

Deriding those that disagree with your positions as internet fans isn't?

No, because my argument doesn't depend on you being internet fans. That's just an insult, not an ad hominem argument. Even if you people actually had some connection to the university or the program, your argument would still be dumb.

And I'm not a Miami fan,

No shit.

Lightningwar

Administrator
30 for 30 The U part 1 and 2 is on today. Mak is totally right about Miami being a stepping stone. Didnt matter if coaches win or lose. They are gone within 5 years. Except for their S&C coaches. I found that interesting.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Mak is in a conundrum. If the team does well with their new corching staff, he's happy for the team's success, but forced to admit that perhaps the new guys are better corches. If the team sucks ass, his defense of the star of Dirty Dancing and Red Dawn is validated and he can say atodaso, but has to suffer the U being .500 again.

GuyIncognito

Mak is in a conundrum. If the team does well with their new corching staff, he's happy for the team's success, but forced to admit that perhaps the new guys are better corches. If the team sucks ass, his defense of the star of Dirty Dancing and Red Dawn is validated and he can say atodaso, but has to suffer the U being .500 again.

Nah, if the team is better it will be because they have a new offense and a new defense and a new head coach. Not because the new S&C guy added 5lbs to everyone's clean number or because the new OL coach invented some new innovation in getting bitches blocked.

I want the team to have success and I do not blame Richt for cleaning house. That's his prerogative. I do feel bad for my friends and mentors who lost jobs they love, but they all know that's the business (hell, this isn't even the first time Kehoe has been fired from that job, and Coker overtly made him a scapegoat).

And if we suck ass, it's ALSO probably not going to be because of the S&C program or the OL coach. It's very rare for those to be serious problem areas on a staff. Just as there is zero evidence that they were problems on this staff, it's unlikely we're going to see the kinds of things you would point to to go after the OL or S&C coach even if the team is trash.

What's going to be insufferable is the trolls whose grievances were imaginary in the first place spending the first half of next season saying "oh, look how much stronger and faster we are!"

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't get how a Div 1-A strength and conditioning coach doesn't have the right certifications to supervise the team's weightlifting. That's completely unforgivable. If you can't get basic certifications to do your job properly, you'd normally not be keeping that job.

That said, I definitely think S&C coaches don't make that much of a difference. Michigan got all hyped up when DickRod brought his cutting edge guy, and Michigan proceeded to be shitty for 3 years. Which had little to do with who was the S&C coach was. I'm guessing Miami wasn't doing a bunch of sit ups for their workouts and calling it good. But I really can't get past how you let a certification required to do your job lapse. I'm not sure I can put into words how astounded I am by that.

Anyways, Manny Diaz is a nice hire. Runs an extremely aggressive, attacking scheme. Tons of blitzes. I think that will be a nice fit for Miami.

GuyIncognito

I'm not talking about the certification, except insofar as someone is dumb enough to think a certification proves what 93 NFL players don't. Like I said, I don't fault Richt for anything.

But the suggestion that Andreu Swasey, whose guys continually blistered the combine, pro day, and draft even while the team struggled, was somehow responsible for Miami's mediocrity over the last decade is ridiculous to a level I can't even fathom.

By every conceivable standard of measurement, our S&C program was top notch.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't really want to get into what I really think about the certification lapsing, because you know the guy personally, @GuyIncognito. Suffice it to say that if I were the head coach, he would have been fired immediately. Yeah, it probably has little to do with how good of a S&C coach he actually is. To me, it speaks to a lot of other things about him, none of which are good.

GuyIncognito

That's fine. But the Miami fanboard witch hunt against Swasey started long before this certification business. I probably would have fired him too over the certification deal, but I wouldn't have dared to suggest that our S&C program was the reason we were losing games because it's so ridiculous.

GuyIncognito

You're a lawyer @DeadMan. If somebody doesn't pay their dues and their bar membership lapses, maybe you fire them for being so stupidly negligent, but that alone doesn't prove the guy is a bad lawyer, especially if he has a goddamn sterling record of producing.

Keith1212

Miami has supposedly hired some S&C coaches. Gus Felder, John Thomas and Kelin Johnson with possibly a 4th to be named. All qualified. All formerly of Georgia's staff.

The coaching staff still has open positions but I'm ready for the season already. I can't wait to see what Miami does with a decent HC and staff for once. It's been amateur hour down there for the longest time. Just crap coaches all over the place coaching the only way they know how. Now there are some decent coaches in place for once. It's going to be interesting to see how they do and how the players respond.

Lightningwar

Administrator
If there was one thing Richt had at UGA, it was toughness via their S&C program. Richt credits their S&C coaches for why they rampaged through the shitty eastern division every year.

GuyIncognito

Yeah it's funny, I checked the UGA fan sites and they were all celebrating, talking about how "soft" their team was and saying how now they have a chance to get a legit strength program.

Meanwhile, UGA was, like Miami, putting guys in the league right and left.

Fans are dumb, man. That's the moral of the story.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Yeah it's funny, I checked the UGA fan sites and they were all celebrating, talking about how "soft" their team was and saying how now they have a chance to get a legit strength program.

Meanwhile, UGA was, like Miami, putting guys in the league right and left.

Fans are dumb, man. That's the moral of the story.

I havent spent much time on fan sites until recently. I joined warchant for the recruiting season and have witnessed the idiocy first hand. The sky is falling when one recruit goes elsewhere. Coaches need to be fired because some 4 star didnt sign with us. Coaches need to be fired because we laid an egg against Houston. I cant tell if it is an elaborate troll or if these people truly believe the hot garbage coming out of their mouth.

Keith1212

So the entire former staff of clowns have been let go. Awesome stuff. Richt went scorched earth just like I was hoping :fyeah:

It's not telling or anything that Miami gets its first legitimate HC since Butch and he fired everybody. Not telling at all. :grin:

I am really looking forward to seeing how it all progresses.

GuyIncognito

It's pretty telling that you're on Butch's dick when he's the one who hired all these incompetent morons that you don't think know what they're doing.

GuyIncognito

See, the internet board fan has a particular conundrum when it comes to Butch. They can't shit on Butch because Butch built the best team in the history of college football. The problem is that Butch also hired/employed virtually everyone that the internet board fan hates and blames for the mediocrity of the program.

And we can't just admit that there is a shit happens element to sports sometimes. No. A coach is either a genius or he's a piece of shit. He's either top-notch or totally unqualified. And the same coach with the same skillset can switch between those two extremes at a moment's notice.

Swasey's guys were tough as nails in the early 2000s because Swasey was a great strength coach. But they were also soft as fuck in the late 2000s because Swasey is unqualified and has no idea what he's doing.

Randy Shannon corched some of the nastiest defenses in CFB, but he's also a moron who doesn't know anything about defense.

Art Kehoe was a great line coach for decades and put guys in the league continuously right up through last year, earning 5 rings in the process. But now that he's got 5 underclassmen up front, he's a piece of shit that doesn't know anything about football.

Everybody raved about the work Kevin Beard was doing with the WRs, but fuck him because SCORTZED EARF!

This is what happens when you have a fan base that exists primarily on the internet and has no connection to the program, the university, the city, or football. The non-native Miami fanbase is basically the comments section of an ESPN story.

Wooly

See, the internet board fan has a particular conundrum when it comes to Butch. They can't shit on Butch because Butch built the best team in the history of college football. The problem is that Butch also hired/employed virtually everyone that the internet board fan hates and blames for the mediocrity of the program.

And we can't just admit that there is a shit happens element to sports sometimes. No. A coach is either a genius or he's a piece of shit. He's either top-notch or totally unqualified. And the same coach with the same skillset can switch between those two extremes at a moment's notice.

Swasey's guys were tough as nails in the early 2000s because Swasey was a great strength coach. But they were also soft as fuck in the late 2000s because Swasey is unqualified and has no idea what he's doing.

Randy Shannon corched some of the nastiest defenses in CFB, but he's also a moron who doesn't know anything about defense.

Art Kehoe was a great line coach for decades and put guys in the league continuously right up through last year, earning 5 rings in the process. But now that he's got 5 underclassmen up front, he's a piece of shit that doesn't know anything about football.

Everybody raved about the work Kevin Beard was doing with the WRs, but fuck him because SCORTZED EARF!

This is what happens when you have a fan base that exists primarily on the internet and has no connection to the program, the university, the city, or football. The non-native Miami fanbase is basically the comments section of an ESPN story.

Well, I think that sums up coaching in general at every school. They are all geniuses or morons, depending on the outcome of their last game. But eventually none of them can take it to the next level, so they all get fired for the next genius, who also turns out to be a moron eventually.

PSUEagle

I actually agree with @GuyIncognito that fans in general are stupid about assistant coaching hires. People forget that staff chemistry and how guy's work together is more important than collecting the nine most "talented" guys you can find off the street. It's great that so and so has a killer resume as an OL coach, but what if the techniques he teaches are completely at odds with your offensive style?

I think the reason people get worked up about S&C coaches in CFB is because there's no artificial limit on how much time they can spend working with the players: in the summer they basically are the HC of the program. No less an authority than Corch Fryerz hisself has consistently said that the guy he hires to run that side of the operation is his most important assistant, even more than coordinators.

The thing I really don't get is your love for Kehoe. For every guy like Brandon Myers who came into the NFL technically sound you'd get more like Erik Flowers and Seantrel Henderson who were embarrassingly underdeveloped. Plus all of the reaches for kids from the NE, the Canadian hinterlands, etc.

GuyIncognito

You mean guys like Sherko who helped win national titles? He likes big farm boys from the hinterlands because they make good offensive linemen. There is a lot of physical talent in South Florida, but the Oline-play at the HS level is trash.

I think your comment contradicts itself. The fact that guys went to the league at all is a testament to Kehoe's tutelage. And there were a LOT of them. Shit, half the lineman I played with ended up in the NFL. And my love of Kehoe stems from my first hand personal experience with him, and that of dozens of other linemen.

In what weird-ass world are we going to say that Ereck Flowers (who left as an underclassman, btw) going in the first round of the NFL draft is some kind of black mark on the guy who put him there?

It's just inexplicable. The hate for Kehoe and especially Swasey is inexplicable.

You're right: the strength coach is important, because he's the backdoor around the NCAA's 20 hour limit and around the idea that any of this shit is "voluntary." So it's NOT his fucking "credentials" that make him important. The actual weight program is probably the least important part of his job.

When I played, Swasey was the first person you saw in the morning. He set the tone for the day, he chewed on the guys that needed chewing, he boosted the guys that needed boosting. He's the guy you take your problems to. You spend more time with him than you do with anyone else, and I would urge any recruits who take visits to places to make it a point to talk to the strength coach because that guy is basically dad for the next 4-5 years of your life.

But if you understand that, then the venomous, bilious hatred of Swasey by the internet fans should repulse you the same way it does me, because all THAT stuff is where Swasey excelled. That's why so many former players were so upset about his ouster that it turned into a fucking ESPN story. When does that ever happen?

But naw, the fucking fans probably know better than all the guys who played for Swasey. Why listen to what Santana Moss or Edgerrin James or Ed Reed has to say when we have fucking Keith the birthday boy to set us straight?

If you truly understand the role of the strength coach to a college football team then the Swasey hate has to go.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
There are a lot of certified strength coaches who put lineman into the combine that bench 225 less times than I can, with a max squat I could hit in 3 months of casual training. The value of any professional certification is usually pretty subjective.