• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Attacking secoundary heavy loaded boxes?

fanoftgame

Especially from my run first and prostyle guys. How do you deal with this. When a defense gets into dime or quarters defense but loads the box in c0, c1, or cover 3.

How do you attack it. I like running power formations with good Te's that creat mismatches. However when people do this it can give me issues because they beat me in pass defenders but stop my ability to run because they have unbloked defenders. So basically they can dictate to me to pass vs six dbs.

In theory i should be able to outside zone and get away from the unblocked defender for enough time for my line and Te to push those lbs and dbs back for me to get 4 yards and make a db tackle my rb. Or if theare aligned in the alley run izin a wedge like play fashion.

Rarely does it work like that

thought?

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Especially from my run first and prostyle guys. How do you deal with this. When a defense gets into dime or quarters defense but loads the box in c0, c1, or cover 3.

How do you attack it. I like running power formations with good Te's that creat mismatches. However when people do this it can give me issues because they beat me in pass defenders but stop my ability to run because they have unbloked defenders. So basically they can dictate to me to pass vs six dbs.

In theory i should be able to outside zone and get away from the unblocked defender for enough time for my line and Te to push those lbs and dbs back for me to get 4 yards and make a db tackle my rb. Or if theare aligned in the alley run izin a wedge like play fashion.

Rarely does it work like that

thought?

When the D comes out in that type of personnel, you want to focus on either attacking the B gap with inside zone:
NCAA13_ACE_F_PAIR_TWINS_Zone_Weak.jpg
NCAA13_ACE_BIG_Zone_Weak.jpg

Or overload a C gap with blockers. You can do this one of two ways: pull a guard or bring over a blocker.
NCAA13_IFORM_TWIN_TE_HB_Stretch.jpg
NCAA13_ACE_JUMBO_HB_Stretch.jpg
NCAA13_ACE_WING_TRIPS_Counter_Weak.jpg

fanoftgame

When the D comes out in that type of personnel, you want to focus on either attacking the B gap with inside zone:
NCAA13_ACE_F_PAIR_TWINS_Zone_Weak.jpg
NCAA13_ACE_BIG_Zone_Weak.jpg

Or overload a C gap with blockers. You can do this one of two ways: pull a guard or bring over a blocker.
NCAA13_IFORM_TWIN_TE_HB_Stretch.jpg
NCAA13_ACE_JUMBO_HB_Stretch.jpg
NCAA13_ACE_WING_TRIPS_Counter_Weak.jpg

Attacking the b gap with iz seems to have issues with olineman getting ton secound level for me.

I will try some of the c gap attack thanks.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I lob it to Wilber on 3rd and 20 and he out -athletes everyone on the defense.