• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown about Uniforms - don we now our ghey apparel

Wooly

The last time ND wore green against BC, they lost four fumbles. Two fumbles and three interceptions on Saturday...no more green against BC.
I watched that game years ago against BC. I remember seeing the green jerseys for the first time that Saturday afternoon, and I thought they looked awesome...green, like the Irish should look.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Also, just put on ESPNU randomly and Crunch Time was on. My god, Syracuse's all orange uniforms are something else.

I'm gonna pass a rule. If you want to wear Orange jerseys, you have to wear white pants.

coogrfan

OREGON

New uni's, white version to be worn for Alamo Bowl.

CVuXDu8UkAA1BNX.jpg

Wolfman21

Really happy with our current set of uniforms. The black accent lines really makes the red/white combos pop. There are also a ton of different combos just wearing our normal shit. I hope they don't let Adidas fuck with it too much.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Are we talking about this one?

567627c899a91.image.jpg

If so, the shell and facemask seem pretty straight forward.

https://www.scorehere.com/product/7...te-Gamecocks-Mini-Authentic-Helmet-Schutt.htm

The decals, otoh, might be a problem. Upperdeckstudios.com doesn't carry decals for Jacksonville State.

Something like that. I have a coworker that does hydrographics and can create a waterslide decal and clearcoat a helmet to reseal for $65, but that's super expensive for what's basically a small decorative piece.

coogrfan

What sort of UF mini helmet did you have in mind (orange or white alt)? The Riddell Speed or Schutt XP?

Last edited:

coogrfan

Didn't even get this notification. def orange. Could go either way on the helmet type.

If I were doing this for myself I would go with the Schutt (comes with a painted shell as opposed to Riddell's standard bare plastic). With s/h you would be looking at about $30.

coogrfan

Scorehere.com Lowest prices on minis that I have found. When you sign up for a free account they knock a few bucks off the price, plus you get free shipping when you buy $20+ in Riddell products (or $85 total).

upperdeckstudios.com Offers decal sets that include the stuff that both Schutt and Riddell leave off of their minis (front and back bumpers, conference logos, etc.).

coogrfan

RUTGERS

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...will_have_traditional.html#incart_river_index

"Chris Ash game-planned for Rutgers in each of the past three seasons as an opposing defensive coordinator. And each time Ash put on Rutgers' game film, he had the same complaint that has been echoed by fans since the program introduced a new uniform style in 2012: He couldn't read the numbers.

"It was terrible," Ash said in an interview with NJ Advance Media on Tuesday. "The times I coached against Rutgers, that was like the No. 1 thing: When you're trying to identify personnel coming in the game and you can't see the damn numbers."

"I think there were some conversations already in the works about some new uniforms," Ash said. "When I got here I was fortunate to get in on the front end of it and make changes with uniforms and helmets. I'm a traditionalist. I'm not a guy that likes 15 different uniforms and 15 different helmets. I want a look that's classy, that's identifiable, that people really think looks sharp. We're going to hopefully have that type of look."

:thumbsup:

Snorky's Shame

I think the fans' main problem is reading the numbers on the red jerseys.

It's not the worst design, but being able to read the numbers is a big deal while at the game.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I think with a simple change to white numbers, they would be fine.

Just from what I've seen from teams recently, it's far more likely that they change to something far worse than what they have now. The devil you know and all that.

Plus, these are so good:

635807176627735210-4.jpg

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
"I think there were some conversations already in the works about some new uniforms," Ash said. "When I got here I was fortunate to get in on the front end of it and make changes with uniforms and helmets. I'm a traditionalist. I'm not a guy that likes 15 different uniforms and 15 different helmets. I want a look that's classy, that's identifiable, that people really think looks sharp. We're going to hopefully have that type of look."

You can hope in one hand and shit in the other...

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Rutgers should just go back to what they had before their current uniforms.
No.
Their current ones are great.
No.
I think with a simple change to white numbers, they would be fine.

Just from what I've seen from teams recently, it's far more likely that they change to something far worse than what they have now. The devil you know and all that.

Plus, these are so good:

635807176627735210-4.jpg

I agree the white ones are good. I like that Rutgers has a unique font. You've got 6 teams in the conference that use some form of red and white as their main colors, so I don't want Rutgers to just have the same ol' generic uniforms everyone in the conference has. That said, I hate the shoulder pattern they have on the current jersey. And I want them gone because I want to forget about Kyle Flood's time as head coach.