• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The buyout can't be that high, can it? I'm just surprised they did this now. Did they even bother to sound out any other hires? If it's a month from now and nobody is interested, then this makes sense.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Wow there's no buyout for year one, we're basically guaranteed Cubit will be the coach next year.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Fuente to Virginia Tech confirmed?

Edit: It's all over twitter. Foster remaining as DC, but I'll wait for a formal announcement.

PSUEagle

I think Fuente should bring in his own DC TBH: that program needs a complete reboot IMO, even though Foster is really good at his job.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Someone said Stitt to ISU would be their best move. Definitely better than a MAC guy.

Craig7835

@Rutgers Mike
Justin Fuente accepted the Virginia Tech job today & Foster is staying put as the DC.Back to the drawing board for Memphis with their cheap asses

Last edited:

coogrfan

Memphis doesn't like to spend money on upgrading facilities & let alone the stadium.

Yeah, that's it. I thought it might have something to do with the gross disparity in financial resources available to a G5 compared to even the least of the so-called "power 5" schools, or maybe the fact that ESPN (with help from a playoff committee stacked with people beholden to the P5 schools) has effectively slammed a glass ceiling in place, thereby ensuring that a non-P5 school will never so much as sniff a playoff berth.

Thanks for clearing that up.

coogrfan

Which is why we won't be able to keep Herman. Thanks to the cartel that is the Power 5, schools in otherwise insignificant places can offer an opportunity to compete for a national title, while the third largest school in Texas, located in the fourth largest city in America, can not.

Bullshit.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Virginia Tech got a seat at the table at the right time. Houston lost one at the same time. At least your schools try. 25 years without a NCAA basketball berth and a clown of a football coach.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Which is why we won't be able to keep Herman. Thanks to the cartel that is the Power 5, schools in otherwise insignificant places can offer an opportunity to compete for a national title, while the third largest school in Texas, located in the fourth largest city in America, can not.

Bullshit.
lol it's a fucking commuter school who has never given two true shits about athletics. You could play for titles if you joined a real conference. But you didn't. And nobody's begging you Because the program offers nothing. The only people in Houston who give a shit about football are Longhorns and Aggies.

Congrats on hosting the failed big east title game.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Went to Illini game vs Northwestern today at Soldier Field. Only affirmed my dislike of the Cubit extension.

I get that its hard to look for a coach with no AD but Cubit is utterly baffling at times.

It's like he's playing NCAA football calling his favorite plays and not really exploiting mismatches or having any kind of strategy.

A lot of it is that Wes Lunt has been pretty disappointing but there is no synergy on offense, which should be the best thing about this team.

coogrfan

lol it's a fucking commuter school who has never given two true shits about athletics.

We currently have more students living on campus than any school in Texas other than UT/TAMU, and we were playing in Cotton Bowls and Final Fours when Baylor and TCU weren't even a blip on the national radar.

You could play for titles if you joined a real conference. But you didn't. And nobody's begging you Because the program offers nothing.

Easy to say when we've been forced to deal with a grossly uneven playing field since the breakup of the Southwest Conference. In the final 20 years of the SWC's existence TAMU played in the Cotton Bowl 6 times while UT and UH went to 4 each and Arkansas went to 3. There's no reason to think we couldn't be that successful again if we had access to P5 resources.

The only people in Houston who give a shit about football are Longhorns and Aggies.

Two weeks ago:
IMG_6892-L.jpg

Yesterday:
IMG_0427-L.jpg

Congrats on hosting the failed big east title game.

Gee, thanks.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Upon the request of @gilstein21 here is the new thread. Throw out some names and I'll start a watch list.

Pre-Season Watch List

Mike London, Virginia
Tim Beckman, Illinois (fired 8/28/2015)
Kirk Ferentz, Iowa
Willie Taggart, USF
Frank Beamer, Va Tech (retirement watch) (announced retirement 11/1/2015, staying season)
Mark Richt, Georgia
Randy Edsall, Maryland (fired 10/11/2015)
Mike Leach, Washington State
Mike McIntyre, Colorado
Paul Rhoads, Iowa State (fired 11/22/2015)
Darrell Hazell, Purdue
Kevin Wilson, Indiana
Doug Martin, New Mexico State
Dana Holgerson, West Virginia
Norm Chow, Hawaii (fired 11/1/2015)
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt
Scott Shafer, Syracuse (fired 11/23/2015)
Al Golden, Miami (fired 10/25/2015)
Steve Sarkisian, USC (fired 10/12/2015)
Kyle Flood, Rutgers
Mike Riley, Nebraska
Dan McCarney, North Texas (fired 10/10/2015)
George O'Leary, UCF (retirement watch) (resigned 10/25/15)
Bill Snyder, Kansas State (retirement watch)
Jerry Kill, Minnesota (retired 10/27/2015 for health reasons)
Todd Berry, Louisiana-Monroe (fired 11/14/15)
Les Miles, LSU
Gary Pinkel, Missouri (retired 11/14/2015 for health reasons)

Coaching Carousel

Coach (date) - Interim Coach - Replacement Coach
Tim Beckman, Illinois (Fired 8/28/2015 for abusing players) - Bill Cubit (Illinois OC) - Bill Cubit
Dan McCarney, North Texas (Fired 10/10/2015 for losing to FCS) - Mike Canales (UNT OC) - ???
Randy Edsall, Maryland (fired 10/11/2015 for losing too much) - Mike Locksley (Maryland OC) - ????
Steve Sarkisian, Southern California (fired 10/12/2015 for being drunk) - Clay Helton (USC OC) - ???
Steve Spurrier, South Carolina (retired 10/12/2015 to play golf 24/7) - Shawn Elliott (co-OC SCar) - ???
Al Golden, Miami (fired 10/25/2015) - Larry Scott (TE coach, Miami) - ???
George O'Leary, UCF (resigned 10/25/2015) - Danny Barrett (UCF QB Coach) - ???
Jerry Kill, Minnesota (retired, health reasons 10/27/2015) - Tracy Claeys (Minnesota DC) - Tracy Claeys
Frank Beamer (announced retirement on 11/1/2015) - Beamer finishing season - ???
Norm Chow, Hawai'i (fired 11/1/2015) - Chris Naeole - Nick Rolovich (Nevada OC)
Todd Berry, Louisiana-Monroe (fired 11/14/2015) - John Mumford (DL Coach) - ???
Gary Pinkel, Missouri (retired, health reasons on 11/14/2015) - finishing year - ???
Paul Rhoads, Iowa State (fired 11/22/2015) - finishing year - ???
Scott Shafer, Syracuse (fired 11/23/2015) - finishing year - ???
Curtis Johnson, Tulane (fired 11/28/2015) - season over - ???

957_zpsndngimcq.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The Montana coach who has been their one year? who was 108-62 at Colorado School of Mines? I'd rather have Campbell.

ISU is in the shittiest recruiting location in the Big 12. Every mediocre P5 school in the midwest always tries to hire some MAC guy and it almost never works. ISU needs to do something different and Stitt is an offensive genius.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It worked for Missouri. Like 15 years ago.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
ISU is in the shittiest recruiting location in the Big 12. Every mediocre P5 school in the midwest always tries to hire some MAC guy and it almost never works. ISU needs to do something different and Stitt is an offensive genius.

Please. I hear similar nonsense when it comes to Rutgers' potential opening. Oh Rutgers can't take a chance on an up and comer because they need someone to go head to head with Meyer and Harbaugh and Franklin in recruiting. Well Harbaugh is gonna be coaching the Colts next year, Meyer's chest and butt are gonna hurt soon and Franklin is a terrible corch.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
You completely misunderstood my point lol. I'm saying ISU needs to take a chance.

Right, so does Rutgers, but people don't want a guy like Meacham or Todd Monken or Dino Babers, they want Al Golden or Brady Hoke or whoever. Fuck this nonsense.

Anyway I think Campbell is a good gamble. Pretty sure he is the youngest coach in FBS. Anyway, if I'm taking a guy from a lower division, I want a guy who dominated that level. Look at Lance Leipold at Buffalo. Guy dominated division 3. When Central Michigan hired Brian Kelly he was dominating division 2. Stitt hasn't shown anything like that. If he was such a great offensive mind, he would have a) made the playoffs more and b) gotten out of the first round more than once.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Stitt had to recruit kids to Colorado School of Mines, which has really tough academic restrictions and is in fucking Golden, CO.

If he put together a bunch of 7,8,9 win seasons in Ames, he would get a statue.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The guy who suffered the worst loss to a FCS team in FBS history is not a great comparison to a guy who helped revolutionize college football.

FIGHT ME MIKE