• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
The guy who suffered the worst loss to a FCS team in FBS history is not a great comparison to a guy who helped revolutionize college football.

FIGHT ME MIKE
He won 9 games at Iowa State. You said
If he put together a bunch of 7,8,9 win seasons in Ames, he would get a statue.

And McCarney had a bunch of 7 win seasons and one 9 win season. The only 9 win season since 1906 for the Cyclones.

I really don't care who Iowa State hires. They could hire Jesus Christ for all I care, and it probably won't matter.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Right, so does Rutgers, but people don't want a guy like Meacham or Todd Monken or Dino Babers, they want Al Golden or Brady Hoke or whoever. Fuck this nonsense.

Anyway I think Campbell is a good gamble. Pretty sure he is the youngest coach in FBS. Anyway, if I'm taking a guy from a lower division, I want a guy who dominated that level. Look at Lance Leipold at Buffalo. Guy dominated division 3. When Central Michigan hired Brian Kelly he was dominating division 2. Stitt hasn't shown anything like that. If he was such a great offensive mind, he would have a) made the playoffs more and b) gotten out of the first round more than once.

Brady Hoke, you say?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
He won 9 games at Iowa State. You said

And McCarney had a bunch of 7 win seasons and one 9 win season. The only 9 win season since 1906 for the Cyclones.

I really don't care who Iowa State hires. They could hire Jesus Christ for all I care, and it probably won't matter.

Yeah, he won over 7 games once. I'm tom bout if Stitt put together a few of those. McCartney had under 5 wins 6 times.

Stitt had to recruit kids to Colorado School of Mines, which has really tough academic restrictions and is in fucking Golden, CO.

If he put together a bunch of 7,8,9 win seasons in Ames, he would get a statue.

Do they have a major in Coors brewing? Or is every academic study mine related?

I feel for Coogrfan. It's definitely frustrating to be in the "have nots" where even a school like Wake Forest can come knocking for your coach and stand a good chance on taking the guy from you. People are already paranoid about Taggart leaving, when 2 months ago people (me) were basically waiting the season out for him to get fired. I don't think too many teams would throw the house at him after 2 awful seasons and 1 decent one, but it wouldn't shock me either once teams get to their 3rd/4th choice.

I think USF would probably promote Tom Allen the DC if that happens, and be fine.

What are the chances Rutgers just gets Schiano back? He clearly still had his head up Rutgers' ass when he buttfucked his way thru 2 seasons in Tampa. I could see Rutgers, Miami, and any Big 10 opening throwing him an offer. As always, fuck him sideways with a rake. And fuck Eric LeGrand too.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
What are the chances Rutgers just gets Schiano back? He clearly still had his head up Rutgers' ass when he buttfucked his way thru 2 seasons in Tampa. I could see Rutgers, Miami, and any Big 10 opening throwing him an offer. As always, fuck him sideways with a rake. And fuck Eric LeGrand too.

You can go to the Rutgers' rivals board and read the speculation like anyone else.

I'm not for Schiano coming back but I'm not against it so much either. Guy recruited well for being in the Big East and Rutgers' Defense was never that bad. I'd like to see him bring in a proven OC tho and their's a recruiting assistant that I'd want back in the fold. I'd put Schiano ahead of Golden or Hoke on my own list, but I kinda would rather see them take a shot at a guy with an offensive mind. Monken, Meachem and Babers are 3 I'd put on my short list.

gilstein21

seemed like les knows it's over with how he went out. Awesome, paused interview to sing alma mater, thanked fans, just hire a competent OC Les

jdlikewhoa

Do they have a major in Coors brewing? Or is every academic study mine related?

I feel for Coogrfan. It's definitely frustrating to be in the "have nots" where even a school like Wake Forest can come knocking for your coach and stand a good chance on taking the guy from you. People are already paranoid about Taggart leaving, when 2 months ago people (me) were basically waiting the season out for him to get fired. I don't think too many teams would throw the house at him after 2 awful seasons and 1 decent one, but it wouldn't shock me either once teams get to their 3rd/4th choice.

I think USF would probably promote Tom Allen the DC if that happens, and be fine.

Have nots you say? @coogrfan do you have 5 minutes a day?

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Moreso the pretty pervasive media speculation that was seemingly confirmed by the sentimental post-game coverage that looked like a farewell. I've got to wonder why it was left to dangle like that by the administration.

fried rice

LSU ad should be out the door. worst handled situation ever. and if the decision really hinged on this aTm result, they should be stoned to death.

I never thought that Jimbo Fisher was a realistic option despite the speculation, but the way things played out, it looks like they were straddling the fence waiting on some candidate that didn't work out, and fell back on retaining Les Miles. That's bad enough, but if that's not the case, then it's mind boggling how this was handled publicly.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Pretty sure they leaked the story to see how the fans would react and then made some behind the scenes contact with corches they were interested in. If the fans didn't revolt after hearing the story and they got good feedback from the candidates, then they pull the trigger on les. Obviously something happened but yeah the AD fucked this up bad. Now he's got to extend Les most likely lol. Luckiest guy ever.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
If I'm Les, I just pick some random day between now and the bowl game to announce his retirement. He knows the school really doesn't want him anyone. Just say fuck it and leaving LSU scrambling now that everyone knows the administration doesn't have a Plan B.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If I'm Les, I just pick some random day between now and the bowl game to announce his retirement. He knows the school really doesn't want him anyone. Just say fuck it and leaving LSU scrambling now that everyone knows the administration doesn't have a Plan B.
Walk away from 15 million dollars lol? Nah b. Fire me and pay me or let me corch and pay me.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, Les has it made. $15m if they fire him and he'll prolly get another $3-4m from SCar or somebody that would hire him right after. Or he can corch LSU and get a raise.

PSUEagle

Good for LSU's fans revolting: as frustrating as Miles is firing him because he's not SaBear would be ridiculous.

Oh, and you think Les is happy?

Bdub

Lawd wtf is LSU doing. School has got to fire the AD after this big of a fuck up. This guy makes Pat Haden look like a great AD.

Wooly

I never thought that Jimbo Fisher was a realistic option despite the speculation, but the way things played out, it looks like they were straddling the fence waiting on some candidate that didn't work out, and fell back on retaining Les Miles. That's bad enough, but if that's not the case, then it's mind boggling how this was handled publicly.

When was Fuentes announced for VT? Was that who they thought they were hiring?

fried rice

When was Fuentes announced for VT? Was that who they thought they were hiring?

I think if they were leaning on the fence with a huge buyout and pinning everything on one candidate, it would have to be someone high profile like Jimbo Fisher, or Chip Kelly (although he doesn't really seem like a fit for LSU). I didn't think it was realistic for them to hire a successful coach away from a program like FSU, but then I guess it would make sense that they struck out.

Maybe someone like Tom Herman or Fuente, but I don't think that they're the big time proven hires they were apparently aiming for. I also think that if they were legitimate options, we would've been able to make a hire.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
ISU isn't going to out talent the rest of the Big 12. Good luck with moar generic spread.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Me thinks Fisher wouldnt talk with LSU until after the Bowl game. So what is LSU going to do? Fire Miles, pay him 15 million on the hope they can convince Fisher to leave FSU in January? That is a huge gamble for not a lot of upside. So they looked at the situation with the #1 incoming recruiting class and decided maybe they should just sit on this and see what happens.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Will you turn back into Dr. Sad if it doesn't?
I will be Dr. Sad until it happens.

GbX7lZTNCrBUQ.gif

Simo77

I look forward to UGA's preseason top 10 ranking and 9 win season next year.

LSU AD handled this about as well as Les handles game clock management. In the end Les wins again.

Last edited:

PSUEagle

In non-HC news, Penn State fired John Donovan, deservedly so.

Setting the table for a Ralph Friedgen comeback:trollface:

In all seriousness, good move by Franklin. Will be very interested in seeing whether he goes with someone he's worked with before or if looks for a young up and comer at the AFCA convention in January he has no previous ties to. He did the latter with Bob Shoop and that worked out very well, so I'm hoping he does it again.

Simo77

UGA fans I know seem convinced that Richt is taking a position within the UGA athletic department. But who knows.