• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Constipation Thread 2.0

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I think they could beat out Temple for kids.
Historically, they have batted .500 when recruiting kids who were also recruited by Temple. I'd expect that number to roughly stay the same. They should, now, win more head-to-head recruiting battles with Villanova.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Historically, they have batted .500 when recruiting kids who were also recruited by Temple. I'd expect that number to roughly stay the same. They should, now, win more head-to-head recruiting battles with Villanova.
Yeah but that’s with Temple up a level and actually being able to in theory get to a BCS/ NY6 bowl. They gotta hire the right coach, but location wise, Newark, Delaware is a lot better option than inner city Philadelphia. I remember going to visit Drexel U when I was in HS and I said no fucking way. Temple is a lot better now than it was in 1998, but still, No. Does Delaware make sense in C-USA? Not really but they got their fit in the door before it implodes

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Yeah but that’s with Temple up a level and actually being able to in theory get to a BCS/ NY6 bowl. They gotta hire the right coach, but location wise, Newark, Delaware is a lot better option than inner city Philadelphia. I remember going to visit Drexel U when I was in HS and I said no fucking way. Temple is a lot better now than it was in 1998, but still, No. Does Delaware make sense in C-USA? Not really but they got their fit in the door before it implodes

You go a block off Drexel’s campus and it’s a third world country.

I had a friend in HS whose dad was a professor at Temple and had front row tickets for basketball. When we went, he told us what lots to park in and which ones would cause to have our car on blocks when the game was over.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
You go a block off Drexel’s campus and it’s a third world country.

I had a friend in HS whose dad was a professor at Temple and had front row tickets for basketball. When we went, he told us what lots to park in and which ones would cause to have our car on blocks when the game was over.
Temple’s campus definitely isn’t as bad as it used to be, I’ve gone to their basketball arena for AEW wrestling a few times, but definitely wouldn’t have wanted to hang out there back in the 90s.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
gordon-ramsey-shut-up.gif

Mame YO

slings rocks
I'm seeing a lot more rumors about Notre Dame to the B1G and it's starting to make a lot more sense for them than maybe it had in previous years. As far as I'm aware, they still haven't resolved their contract issues with NBC and their current contract expires next year. With the ACC likely the next major conference to break up, ND being independent in football means they only have to pay ACC exit fees for non-football sports. They already play several games per year with the B1G, especially with USC joining. I'm not sure what would hold up a potential deal here. It just makes too much sense for everyone involved IMO.

Another bit of speculation that I've been hearing is that with future expansion still on the table for the B1G and SEC, they are probably shooting or 20-24 teams so that they can create 5 or 6 team divisions. Then, instead of expanding the playoff - in this scenario the ACC is probably dead - they create their own divisional playoff rounds, working up to the existing conference championship games and then SEC vs B1G national championship, so almost like an NFL style model. Everyone else is left out.

I'm wondering who goes where when/if the ACC dies? The most valuable markets are obviously going to be the Florida schools, with Clemson, GT, North Carolina, and the Virginia schools being in relevant markets also. Those are going to be the schools that will be under consideration, maybe dropping both Virginia schools and/or GT. I don't see anyone else in the ACC being even on the radar for either conference.

Does the SEC make a play for all four of Clemson, FSU, Miami, North Carolina (or maybe GT?)... that puts them at 20 teams.

If the B1G gets ND they just need 1 additional team. If they managed to lure FSU, they'd probably get Miami also but they'd be at 21 so I assume they'd look to add more. I'm not sure who else they'd want tbh.

Does anybody want the Virginia schools? Probably not?

Mame YO

slings rocks
I wish money wasn't such a huge consideration with this because I could see 24 team conferences making a lot of sense from a geography/rivalry/prestige/other sports perspective.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
FSU Clemson seems to fit better with SEC, Miami with B1G so they can huddle around space heaters on away games.
Yeah overall fit sure, but money is king, and the B1G market running to all four corners of the country is a big finanical incentive to be open to it...

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
UMass to MACtion as full member in 2025 season, also interested in ZAPPE... which is awesome. MAC making moves.

Brick

lmao. it's the maui invitational basically. there are gonna be a billion 3 or 4 loss teams. "Such a model would feature three at-large spots to the highest-ranked teams outside of the automatic qualifiers." hm wonder who these bids are gonna go to.