• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 16: Every game is a draw

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Do you have a mic and do you want to be grunted/yelled at by drunks?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Menus are great, shooting takes way more touch. Pretty good new lighting options I hope.

New controls seem an improvement

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That driven ground pass is something I've wanted for years but have been unable to articulate. How to send a HARD pass to a teammate who is far away but not the farthest away. If you overcooked the normal pass button it sent it to the next player over and if you passed with the "right" power it was a slow roller that was easy to intercept. EA solved that and it is wonderful. Driven cross has been my go to method for years in that scenario, but this is a lot more precise and plays to the feet of your player. I think this will be absolutely perfect for target man style offenses.

I really like the feel of the game a lot better in general too. Everything is slowed down a bit without feeling muddy and shielding the ball seems to be recognized quicker by the game, which was necessary. It also feels like there is a lot less defensive magnetism (ie you won't get sucked into a good tackle or block just because you are within 10 yards of your opponent). I think that makes the possession game slightly more viable than it was last season. Crossing/heading feels better.

The AI is also much better offensively on the low difficulty levels. That's a nice change as I've always felt the AI defense was at least competent on Pro but they couldn't do anything offensively other than bumble into a goal. The AI was switching the field, playing nice through balls, holding up play, and back passing to keep possession when pressed.

Day 1 buy for me, infinitely better gameplay than Madden.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Like bumbling into a goal isn't your primary offensive strategy to start with

NML

With FIFA, they almost always fix what was broken the previous year, but something else is now overpowered.

Still gon get it, but inevitably there will be a new strategy that pubers will exploit on the turkeys.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If they fixed anything, I just want the "run straight forward past indifferent defenders with a fast guy" strategy to not work. Used to be you had to actually run AROUND them, like go wide, then try to cut back in and all this nonsense. Now you can just skip by them as they do the Daria "I tried" hand motion.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Fifa Web App went live and then immediately their servers crashed, as is tradition.

21256650778_8655bc6b37_o.jpg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
In my experience the Canadians are the most racist. Mostly because people from Boston don't like soccer or fifa.

chibob

So I took two days off work for so I could get FIFA on release (had loads of holiday days I needed to use up anyway) and then I realised in the UK it doesnt come out til the 24th....

I done goofed.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ratings are a little inflated this year. Stoke is a 4.5 lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Streaming twitch.tv/trogtrapper

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
So because of the ratings hike, almost all the old "pretty good" teams are all a half star better.

worst2first

I only had a chance to play one game tonight. I'm going to have to adjust to it, but I like it so far. I like the new pace as it feels more realistic. The AI defense seems a lot better and passes that I would easily make last year now get picked off. For some reason I seem to have forgotten how to tackle. I miss the energy bar indicator for your player as it was a convenient way to track how tired he was getting. I'll have to see if there's an option to display that.

sois

I only had a chance to play one game tonight. I'm going to have to adjust to it, but I like it so far. I like the new pace as it feels more realistic. The AI defense seems a lot better and passes that I would easily make last year now get picked off. For some reason I seem to have forgotten how to tackle. I miss the energy bar indicator for your player as it was a convenient way to track how tired he was getting. I'll have to see if there's an option to display that.
I like this new FIFA. It plays to my style very well of short passing and ball control. When I get better players I will be unstoppable.

chibob

He may be referring to the EA controlled pricing or the fact that the loan system means anyone who bought the special edition gets a Messi card.

Not sure

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm referring to the fact that once again they put FUT on FAST game speed and therefore it is just a clusterfuck of people clattering into eachother. The pace abuse has been toned down too, so people don't really know how to move the ball yet and it is just... ugly. My style of play should fit it well, but I'm old as fuck now and my reflexes are slow, so I just get clattered into as well.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah, seasons mode is somewhat similar. I played a lot of 0-0 games because the ball just bounces off of everyone.

Keepers are smarter in coming out for wayward through passes, but save wise they're still horrible. Way too many of them are too far out getting caught on long shots that aren't even powerful.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Everton is pretty nice. Had a natural hat trick with lukaku in 15 game minutes. Deulofeu has mad speed and can really whip in a cross. High curve rating.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's in like 9/10 games. I finally played ONE without it last night.

NML

Played one seasons match and lost 2-1, west brom vs Roma. Counter attack ain't the way to go this year, methinks.

Gonna try another game where I build through the middle. Quick 1-2's killed but until I brought Berahino on it had no end game.