• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 17 Pro Clerbs Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm riding in a 737 at the moment and spent about 1500 too much on this trip so I'm gonna cry into my pillow tonight, we'll see if I was joking earlier or not later in the week

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Well that went well. Maybe I'll get a game or 2 in when Kings shows up.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm sweet brown with the turkeys. Too many bad memories of idling in the lobby and people not on mics

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Our very first goal was a @kingssc header

1408.gif

NML

2-2-1 and we only allowed a goal from the run of play in one game.

Some of our movement was pretty filthy, we just struggled to put away chances... Until that last game. 4-0 for the turkeys

Apparently twitch doesn't naturally save ur broadcast, so no film session tomorrow.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
There's a setting you have to turn on. Settings -> Channel & Videos -> Archive Broadcasts should do it

kingssc

2-2-1 and we only allowed a goal from the run of play in one game.

Some of our movement was pretty filthy, we just struggled to put away chances... Until that last game. 4-0 for the turkeys

Apparently twitch doesn't naturally save ur broadcast, so no film session tomorrow.
That's a shame. Jackie Moon probably scored the Turkeys' best goal we'll have on 17, and it's gone.

NML

That goal is slightly less impressive because I went and checked and I am left footed.

I actually liked the breakaway where I shrugged off the defender more.

I think twinks have been seriously nerfed this year. I had a lot of success as a target man and shielding the defenders off before combining. Seemed like a lot of y'all were struggling to keep the ball when any contact came just because of ur size. The pubers definitely had that issue.

I'm on the fence about a CPU any. They did a mostly good job defending and building from the back, but they have more than a couple wtf moments each game.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah I agree on the twinks. I had my guy at 5'7 152 (a holdover from last year) and was just getting mowed down in the middle of the field. Bumped him to 5'9" 162 and didn't have that problem the last few games.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
For some reason 5'8" 180 had the best speed, acceleration and agility attributes in my short time messing with it.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Joel Jones is booked until the weekend, but I'll be there high AF if my boy gator has his soundboard cued up

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
so how was the game play tho? did you guys feel the frostbite or was it pretty much the same?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Are we running tonight?

I'll be on. Fiancee going out to dinner.

So last night went pretty well, but there's some things that immediately pop up as issues.

1. Twinky players are gonna get run the fuck over by the gigantic CPU mongs. I already found this out the hard way, so I'd advise you to beef ur guy up a bit. It also gives them more straight line speed, which is probably preferable to agility since none of us are stick skill pubers.
2. Spacing. CAM should swap with RAM/LAM when it makes sense, but we should talk more about that kind of movement. I know I was not very good at this last night with communicating swaps.
3. Ball watching, which results in holding R2 and running in the general direction of the goal. Stay in ur lane. @kingssc there was one time last night where Orlando and I swapped, and you were wide open @ the far post. I sent the cross there, but you were angling toward the keeper, and colliding with NML at the penalty spot. The cross hit the grass. Trust that your teammates will find you (they may not, but at least we won't be playing bumper cars) and keep ur spacing.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
so how was the game play tho? did you guys feel the frostbite or was it pretty much the same?

The animation is much smoother and the FPS increase is notable. It's still the FIFA engine doe.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
well I think spacing will be a non issue tonight as the captain of attack will be present

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We definitely set up some nice scoring chances. We flubbed quite a few and we gave the ball away a lot, which will likely never change haha. So far I think this version plays the best out of the box that it has in some time. You can score in a variety of ways and none felt overpowered.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think the worst thing we did regarding turnovers was me giving it away in the middle of the field getting run over, but at least we were pretty far past the half line when that happened.