• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 2014 World Cup Game Thread

Snorky's Shame

Release date April 15

Unless your team is Bhutan, Brunei, Gibraltar, Guam, Mauritania or South Sudan, your team is in the game.

Wish they'd have classic teams or create-a-team.

Snorky's Shame

I hope all the teams are fully licensed. I remember for the EURO 2012 DLC Wales roster boasted Gareth Bleth and Aaron Rumsey.

I believe it is a separate set of licenses involved here. Wales usually has the correct names but not licensed kits in the World Cup games.

Snorky's Shame

Demo is out. Not too much new information has come out two weeks before release.

Wouldn't mind if it's just an updated version of the last World Cup game.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I wish it was coming out on PS4 because PS4 FIFA is so much better. But I'll still get a bunch of time out of it.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wait this stupid cash grab isn't on ps4? I wanted next Gen dong trolling

Snorky's Shame

I hope this isn't close to the final game. Very arcade-like. No fouls, players flying around, dribbling more effective than passing, etc...

I'll still get it because I like the World Cup game but I've lowered my expectations a bit.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm sure it'll be a step down from next gen, which is undescribable in it's mastery, but yeah, I love international football so it's worth it for me regardless.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
The presentation is really well done. Although I don't think there will be a huge watch party for the USA matches where you can clearly see the Capitol in the background. Could be wrong though.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They might legitimately put a big screen up on the mall, not that far east tho

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
They might legitimately put a big screen up on the mall, not that far east tho

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they put something on the mall somewhere but I felt like putting the Capitol that clearly in the background was reaching.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Picked it up today. So far it's about what I expected. Coming from PS4 it's a downgrade, but still a fun game. Rosters seem a bit messed up, can't pick Yedlin, Green, or Gil for the US for example

Snorky's Shame

You can pick Sean Johnson though...

USA 1950 kit available in the store. Spent 25,000 to unlock everything except the online stuff.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
First run through, 1-0 Ghana, 1-1 Portugal, 0-1 Germany. Advanced on GD. Got beaten in extra time by Belgium, had the lead in the 86th and they scored in the 90th.

The training stuff is pretty neat. Trying a qualification run as Turkey now.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah, really liking the training. Trying to turn Sahin into a more Box to Box guy. When I do the USA I'm going to only train Zusi in speed in Travis' honor

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Honestly I don't think it is worth buying for most people. The gameplay isn't really better/worse than normal FIFA and the few added teams and updated rosters aren't all that important. The only reason I really like it is for playing people online. The matchmaking system must be tighter because I never end up playing the 5 star teams when I'm Korea.

I will say my favorite part is they put a ton of time into recording commentary for the campaign stuff. I've been playing my way through a whole qualifying campaign with Colombia and there must be a bunch of hours of the men in blazers (or whoever you pick) carrying on about random shit. I often find myself not starting a game up so I can wait to hear what they are saying, which is kind of a first in an EA game.

That being said, the audio isn't always right. I was playing a Spain vs Germany game and the audio guys were carrying on about what a rivarly it is between Scottland and England.

chibob

I just cant justify spending £50 on a game which will be relevant for arguably the next 3-4 months.

Also iv committed a lot of time and effort into FUT so I cant be bothered putting time into just a World Cup game.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I might have to jump back on FUT, lol. I sold off my million but I still have a club full of all the non-rare players I collected, lol.

chibob

Its a bit silly now, tonnes of rare players in every team but I guess it just makes it more challenging.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Yeah I'm not gonna get this game until I can win division 1 on both Ultimate Team and vanilla seasons. I'm in Division 2 for both right now.

Snorky's Shame

Got to the World Cup with Tahiti.

Having a hard time selecting my 23 because it won't let me make simple changes such as replacing a LB for a CM. Or a ST for a CB on my subs bench. So I'm stuck with 11 defenders and 3 forwards.

This game is such a waste.