• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 18

chibob

This is the squad I'm running with currently.

It's pretty below average with the exception of DeGea and possibly Saleh.

The man Niasse has been a beast so far though. Both him and Sakho are kinda a bit strong, a bit quick with okay finishing so they've been able to score from all over.

Iv done a bit of squad battles and online seasons so far, and only lost one match to the AI.

I wasted coins on SBCs with bad drops. The only good drop Iv had has been DeGea. He seems to play a lot better than his card last year so for time being he is staying. I may sell him when I find another keeper I like, his lack of long throws are annoying.

IMG_1646.PNG

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
@Travis7401 I know once you play with your squad their chem will improve, but are you saying that chem transfers to SBCs if you use that squad as well to complete one of those?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401 I know once you play with your squad their chem will improve, but are you saying that chem transfers to SBCs if you use that squad as well to complete one of those?

Yep. "Loyalty" transfers to SBC and it is an extra point of chem for each player (up to a max of 10 chem per player). You can get loyalty either by opening the player in a pack, or by having them on your squad for 10 matches. I believe sitting on the bench counts (Not sure this year since I don't have the game) so my plan is to create two SBC squads to play with, and have one on the field and the other on the bench. I will then alternate games with them until I hit 12 total (to use 6 contracts per player, leaving 1 left). This will get me the max amount of match coins per player (basically free contracts), and get me the loyalty I need to do the SBC.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Did not know that, thank! I need two chem points to get the Hybrid Nations final test done. So playing some games should get me there I'm guessing.

NML

I don't think being on the bench counts - but I'm not 100% on that. I normally bronze bench and my bronze dudes don't have loyalty. And I had some of my fitness team on the bench but they don't have loyalty yet. It's a bummer because then you have to use contract cards to get to 10 games.

You can also get loyalty without playing the full game. Put ur team together and start a TOTW match. As soon as the ball is kicked off close the application (for PS4 anyways) - ur team will all lose a contract and gain a game of "loyalty" - but no quitting penalty and it doesn't affect coin boosts. Takes about 10 minutes total to do 10 games.

NML

TOTW 2

DKvFmYcUMAA6suR.jpg:large

Got my eyes on Ghoulam. Serie A has a big gap between Sandro and everyone else at LB and he's very well rounded.

Obamayang and Messi in the same TOTW - just so happens to be full release week! LAWD. If you need to do SBCs or build a team, I'd look to do it once the team is released (which I believe is 1:00 eastern). Probably will be a lot of pack openings then, I'd imagine, so prices will drop a bit.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Damn, that's too bad about the bench players. I thought they did get loyalty last year, but I could be mistaken. It would make sense that they don't doe. I don't mind using contract cards, I'll just play more games with them and still run them down to 1 contract when I submit, lol.

chibob

Starting with a premiere league squad, a bold move.

To be fair Iv made the best with the pieces Iv had. Iv just packed Mata of an SBC so I'll probably stick with PL for now.

I packed a few of those players and then bought a couple other to fill in the gaps.

I'll experiment with a few squads. I like to build national team squads over leagues. Last year I had a Spanish passing squad which I loved using. And on16 my team was just a pacy/strong French squad.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I'm going France just because I've never done them. And I know in the end it doesn't matter. If I play online I will get to league 5 or 6 max just based upon my ability.

NML

- squad battles are cool, but I think I'll be limiting it to the weekdays. I played the five games I could today (resets every night at 8pm eastern) and I already have elite 2. It's possible that if I really put in an effort I could get into the top 100, but I doubt it. And the reward upgrade is minimal at that point anyways. I think everyone should be able to crack at least gold 1. Solid rewards there

Wanted to follow up on this - when I went to play last night, I noticed I was in elite 3. I figured that I had misread or mis-remember something so I played a game, won, and went back into elite 2. Logged on this morning and I was back in elite 3.

So it seems like there is some sort of adjustment being made to the tiers. Maybe it is just showing you where you need to be to be on pace at the end of the week? That's my only guess. Gon look more into it.

Also tracking Sandro - currently selling for 62k - Florenzi (18k), and hoping to snag IF GOLLUM at discard value starting at 1

NML

Follow up: yes, ranks are scaled globally and will adjust throughout the week as other players earn points (hence the percentages next to each tier).

Good Reddit thread on it here:

Liam

Done all the worthwhile SBCs through the web app, will have like 70k after selling all the cards i currently have. Was planning on probably buying the game if i packed Ronaldo or Messi, but no dice.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Alright, I took Eto and Elia and sold them for 850 each and then re-bought for 650 and made this squad to do the NATIONAL PRIDE SBC. Since I'm going to play 10 games with them, I should get loyalty for everyone, taking me up to 100 chem. I also have one extra rare player right now, so I can probably swap in an actual CB with a non-rare... but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep the rating >80 if I did that.

The funny thing is this will probably be a relatively competitive squad.

37082359380_0d6c55f272_b.jpg

I saw Wagner Love has an In Form at discard value, so I picked him up for fun to use with this Super League SBC squad AND in my Brazil SBC squad (I won't submit him, obviously). I've always enjoyed him in FIFA going back to the MOSCOW days @kella. He's always had a good combination of dribbling/shooting and 5 star weak foot that makes him so dangerous anywhere in the box.

While the SBC is in that goober 5221 formation, This is probably how I'll actually play them! Pretty awesome looking squad for being 100% discard value.

36650617524_b205ccf6b6_b.jpg

NML

Goal is to play enough from Tuesday until full release to snag Sandro, Florenzi, and Nainggolan (or any Serie A TOTW players) on Friday. I'm guessing that'll be about 80k

I'd bet we'll see a slight drop in all prices on Tuesday, which will slowly rise again until Friday, where everything will drop massively.

I think I was wrong here. I still expect a massive drop in most players prices tomorrow, but Nainggolan and Sandro have shot through the roof. When I made that post, they were 50k and 20k. Now it's 150k and 70k.

I'm at 110k now, plus I'll probably add another 25k tonight. Would love to get both, but may settle for Nainggolan and IF GOLLUM (~28k), and hopefully Florenzi.

Not a huge fan of any of the other Serie A in forms.

chibob

I went 3/4 and 3/4 last two nights on Squad Battles on Legendary and today iv 0 for 2 on Professional...was there a patch I missed?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
travis tagging me in this kiddy mode game thread smdh

NML

I went 3/4 and 3/4 last two nights on Squad Battles on Legendary and today iv 0 for 2 on Professional...was there a patch I missed?

They did push a squad update out. They may have done some changes through that

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm getting REVVED UP! Only like 3 more hours till I get to unlock and then immediately fall asleep because I'm old.

Reactions: NML

NML

Fucking hell. Two straight trips to the finals of the DKT only to lose. Too drunk to try again

NML

Fucking hell. Two straight trips to the finals of the DKT only to lose. Too drunk to try again

In one of these runs, I had a comeback from 3-0 down at halftime to win 4-4 in penalties and it was probably my most glorious fut win ever. I can't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure all three were various bullshit goals. I went to attack and kept the game on the other half of the field the rest of the way. I could see him tilting with all his errant through balls and panick clearances. It's in the video above, and there was dabbing

Other than that game, I'm not really conceding very much. Other than the finals, I think I allowed one goal in my other five games. My opponent quality wasn't great, but the amount of times I yelled GOT EM by baiting them to pass right to me was higher than even my alcohol consumption. I'm still struggling with players who spam skill moves doe

My finals were both evenly matched - I was probably the better player in the first one but I can't finish anything so it went to extra time. He got the winner in the 112th minute off a sweaty through ball Manolas was too tired to get to. Second time the other dude was better (and I was way drunker) but it was 0-0 until the 75th. Bummers

If you can manually defend sweaty through balls, a high line is definitely the way to go.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Finished the one SBC. I'm not sure I've ever opened a mega and rare mega pack. Can't wait to get shit.
Best player was Quaresma.

Finished League and Nation Hybrid part two and packed Coutinho. Not sure if I should sell him now or play with him for a bit, I don't really follow the market and how it goes up and down. I might just hang onto him for the moment and play some games with him.

NML

He's going to steadily rise in price over the next couple months. But so is everyone else.

So yeah you can hang onto him and sell him for more later, but inflation means it's not really more, since good players will also be inflated.

My recommendation would be sell and built a solid team with the funds - then you'll get games out of a whole team and they should inflate as well. 40k is a solid starting point

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He's going to steadily rise in price over the next couple months. But so is everyone else.

So yeah you can hang onto him and sell him for more later, but inflation means it's not really more, since good players will also be inflated.

My recommendation would be sell and built a solid team with the funds - then you'll get games out of a whole team and they should inflate as well. 40k is a solid starting point

I would say "a couple of months" is probably a bit long. Last year the prices for such premium players generally increased until the first weekend league, reaching their peak that weekend and then started decreasing in value when the reward packs for Weekend league flooded the market with packs. They then generally dropped in value for the rest of the year. If the Squad Battle reward packs are really good we might see the same sort of market flood when those rewards drop, so it could even happen sooner than the weekend league rewards this year?

I agree with the rest of the advice doe, I think it is generally better to sell expensive individual players and focus on using the coins to invest in supply limited cards (IFs), for short term trading (flipping players) or for simply building a better complete squad.

NML

Oh good shout. In the past, I think what I said was the case but, yeah, WL rewards are so crazy that the market tends to stay lower for anything but the most elite players

Well that and price caps, of course

NML

IIRC, TOTW 2 have the lowest upside of investments since so many packs are being opened this weekend - does that sound right? TOTW 1, however, are the rarest

I have no clue what to do with this Leandro IF. 76 overall in the J-League, but he is Brazilian. I'm not sure if he'll ever rise above discard value so I'm tempted to invest that 10k elsewhere

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, TOTW1 is usually a very good investment in general, as it is even more supply limited than any other TOTW as the fewest packs were opened when they were available. TOTW2 is still supply limited, but like NML said, there are more packs being opened during this time so they aren't as rare as you might think. With Week2 IFs it is often best to wait until they stabilize in price after they are completely out of packs (during Week 3). For the rest of the year they should go up (unless the player gets a 2nd IF). A lot of the huge SBCs that come later require IFs as well, and some of those challenges seemed to drive up prices on ALL the IFs, even the ones nobody wants to play with.

Week 3 TOTW is when you get to the normal pattern of hitting a low point sometime Sunday night-Tuesday after they are released but while they are still in packs. Sunday night reward packs increase the supply and people selling after using the player over the weekend increase the supply, etc. If you buy in this period and hold for a couple of weeks the supply on the market begins to dwindle and prices increase.

Now any time you can buy an IF for right at discard value (122 X the OVR rating for Gold IFs, ie an 82 OVR player sells for 122X82 = 10,004). When I say "discard value" I mean either buying that player for 10,000 coins (or more usually the next increment up 10,250 coins, which means you are still buying him for less than the Quick Sell + the value of his contracts). The reason the quicksell/discard needs to be considered is it can help you get your money back without worrying about having to make a profit on the player after tax (The EA tax is 5%, which is significant at this price range). If you buy a player for 10,250 you would have to sell him for 11,000 to make a profit after the EA tax. Selling him for 10,250 would actually net you only 9,737 coins after tax.

This is why people listing their players for such low starting bids are dumb, they could have ended up with more money in their account by just quick selling them. Never list for less than 1.05 x the quick sell value! Whatever, we take advantage of these dum dums and buy IFs for discard value because we can really never lose on a player like this. At worst, we play him through his contract quick sell him. Generally 7 contracts is worth about 300 gameplay coins created (assuming at worst 500 coins per match /11 players = 45 coins per player/match x 7 contracts per player = $315 coins value in 7 contracts) and a lot more when you still have coin boosts going. So even if you pay 10,250 for a player with a quick sell value of 10,004 you've created net value for your club just by using him and quick selling. If the player does go up in value, then you can actually sell him for a profit. Also, it is just plain fun to use IFs, especially when it costs you nothing!

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This DISCARD VALUE concept (quick sell + contract value) is why I love making and playing with cheap teams from undesirable leagues. You can build a team, play a few matches and never have to worry about losing coins if their value drops. At worst, if you can't sell them, you just quick sell them and get your coins back and build a new squad.

My Turkish Super League squad is actually pretty decent, and they are all discard price so I know will only create value by creating the squad and playing with them. If I built a similar rated/power Premier League team, not only would I spend more to build the team, but there would also be the potential that many of my players could significantly drop in value, causing me to lose coins when I eventually sell them.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
In one of these runs, I had a comeback from 3-0 down at halftime to win 4-4 in penalties and it was probably my most glorious fut win ever. I can't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure all three were various bullshit goals. I went to attack and kept the game on the other half of the field the rest of the way. I could see him tilting with all his errant through balls and panick clearances. It's in the video above, and there was dabbing

Other than that game, I'm not really conceding very much. Other than the finals, I think I allowed one goal in my other five games. My opponent quality wasn't great, but the amount of times I yelled GOT EM by baiting them to pass right to me was higher than even my alcohol consumption. I'm still struggling with players who spam skill moves doe

My finals were both evenly matched - I was probably the better player in the first one but I can't finish anything so it went to extra time. He got the winner in the 112th minute off a sweaty through ball Manolas was too tired to get to. Second time the other dude was better (and I was way drunker) but it was 0-0 until the 75th. Bummers

If you can manually defend sweaty through balls, a high line is definitely the way to go.

Things I've noticed (only played the CPU so far).

Long shots from outside the box seem more viable, which I like. This seems to be a combination of three factors:
1) It seems like offensive players make better off the ball runs which creates space for these shots from layoff passes. I'm sure human players close down faster than the CPU, but the runs do seem a little better at creating space for a shot.
2) Players seem more able to hit the ball hard without it going too high
3) The goalies seem more vulnerable on these shots.

I love the new crossing system. It is so much more intuitive using the same bumper modifiers to influence the cross type instead of having to double or triple tap the cross button. The RB+Cross button is now a low cross, equivalent to the old triple tap cross. I always found it difficult to pull off the triple tap cross because simply pushing the button 3 times often took too long for the small window you had open. I know I'm slow at hitting buttons, so this is probably more profound for me than it is for others, but I have much more success getting these off as I intend them (ie not getting them blocked because it took me 5 seconds to hit the button 3 times with my hamfist). The new "normal" cross is equivalent to the old double tap cross (a whipped cross, basically). This isn't really a huge change. The new LB+Cross "lofted cross" is pretty equivalent to the old "normal" cross, but I seem to be able to pick out targets with more discretion now. It isn't just limited to Front/Back post on semi-manual crossing, I can actually aim at specific players with some degree of success. Early cross button modifier is gone, so now you just aim into the box when you do any of the above crosses. It might take a bit to correct muscle memory until I get the lofted/whipped cross when I want them, but the ground cross is much easier for me to use now.

I love that they brought back close dribbling on the LB button and moved off the ball dribbing to the RB button. This probably isn't all that significant for most people, but my entire play style relies on pace changes in dribbling to open space, so the return of the close dribbling is welcome. The RB drag back is also much easier to pull off, as you no longer have to have it perfectly 180 degrees from facing direction. It is much easier to get the game to do what I want with this move, which I love since it gives you a really easy move to combat high pressure pubers. Shield the ball until they pick a side and try to run around then drag it back to make a quick turn to the other side and you are free on goal. Related to this, CPU defenders seem more vulnerable, especially to stop and turn/shield moves and drag backs and any of the RB off the ball dribbling feints. I doubt this stuff will be as effective against a manual defender, but people who rely on the CPU to play as the defenders while they user control a midfielder are going to really struggle. If you don't want ur CB to get completely skinned, you might have to take over. This will also probably create more value for GOOD CBs rather than just fast CBs.

I also concur with NML on the tackling changes. This is going to cause pubers a lot of problems, but I think it will be a temporary thing, as their muscle memory will adjust to the new system and they'll be tackling monsters again in no time. I don't rely much on spamming standing tackles all over the place, so this hasn't hurt me at all.

Reactions: NML

NML

Didn't even know about the new crossing controls haha. Not surprisingly I haven't scored from them yet

I'm guessing One to Watch is going to be announced at 1 eastern. Tolisso from Bayern had a concept card that indicated he was going to be one (but that has since been removed), so I bought 7 of those for around 20k each. He's a solid card anyways, so I think he will hold good value regardless, but I'm hoping to flip them for 30k+ each tonight - which I think is likely if he's in OTW

There's ur HOT TIP for the day

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My buddy, who doesn't follow soccer at all, but plays in a band with an Italian guy who apparently has connections with the soccer world, had drinks at a bar with Nainggolan and several other Roma players this summer and didn't realize they were professional athletes because they are so little :laughing: He thought they were just some vacationing recreational club team doing one of those tourist trip/tournaments like the club sport Rugby teams do. He had a good time hanging out with them, so at the end of the night he said "hey, maybe I'll swing by and watch ur game... where are you playing?" They answered "Gillette Stadium" and he had a weebey.gif moment.

Then he says "There was neck tattoo guy who was really nice and some other guy named Totto or something who was retired, but still came along for the trip. I looked him up later and I guess he was a really good player."

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It's like the exact opposite story of the old German man who wanted a picture with me because he thought I looked like Toni Kroos. Even after clarifying that I was definitely not Toni Kroos, he still wanted the picture? HERE YA GO! Soccer makes for some interesting cross cultural experiences.

20621082_10103919482547543_9213871457720480712_n.jpg

NML

Didn't even know about the new crossing controls haha. Not surprisingly I haven't scored from them yet

I'm guessing One to Watch is going to be announced at 1 eastern. Tolisso from Bayern had a concept card that indicated he was going to be one (but that has since been removed), so I bought 7 of those for around 20k each. He's a solid card anyways, so I think he will hold good value regardless, but I'm hoping to flip them for 30k+ each tonight - which I think is likely if he's in OTW

There's ur HOT TIP for the day

He's in. Currently up to 23k, hoping for 30k by 6 eastern, but hopefully I don't miss the window on the players I want to buy (Florenzi, GOLLUM, and Nainggolan)

I'm thinking the low will come right around that time - basically every kid in the US will be home and European players will still be on.