• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Future Restrictions?

Walter323

As our teams are becoming more and more loaded, I'm trying to figure out how to make it so our rosters don't get so overpowered and where new people have no chance to catch up.

Here are a few ideas.

1. Any player that declares for the draft must be let go
-this is by far the easiest to control
2. No redshirting
-a little harder to control due to being able to manipulate your depth chart but still pretty simple
3. Can only recruit Top 150 players that are in your pipeline state
-by far the most difficult to regulate
-gives CPU teams a better chance at signing high level recruits
-by now most teams have established pipelines to the "good" states

Also open to suggestions

@NavyHog @bluejay13 @Flanntastic @BulgyTexas @SandS2910 @Akecheta @LEGEND @codywpogue @LAPray

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I'm fine with 1 and 2. It's easy to understand and not hard to regulate. I don't have a problem if some team's 6th string DE or OT auto-redshirts due to no playing time. You can't fault the user for playing someone ahead of better talent, or the CPU for using the redshirt logic. Maybe allow 2 incoming FROSH to be redshirted? IDK.

Rule 3 is fine in theory, but as you noted would be hard to regulate. Also with more rules it makes it harder to recruit in new people (which as it stands is almost impossible). I've had a couple guys take a look at all the rules and pass because they thought it was to hard to follow. I disagree and find them necessary, but that could be a consequence.

Misc suggestions:

- If 2 is the CAP on 5-stars then make 5 the CAP on 4-stars
- Take away the +2 SR buffer for teams at 95+ OVR
- You can't add any recruits past week 7 (impossible to regulate/honor system)

Walter323

I have figured out a spreadsheet that would figure out pipeline states if people didn't want to report them

I would be in favor of either:
-Can only recruit Top 150 players that are in your pipeline state
or
-If 2 is the CAP on 5-stars then make 5 the CAP on 4-stars

reason being, even if we remove redshirting and have to let our players leave early, we are still taking a majority of the top players away from the computer.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I'm okay with however you choose to do it. Would like to know sooner rather than later.

Might go after a couple players that I wasn't considering to open a pipeline to California, Florida or maybe Texas.

SandS2910

What about restrictions for the * level of the team? 3* and 4* teams are at a disadvantage recruiting.

Why would these rules be fair for someone having to rebuild a roster?

Also, the ideal recruiting class is 17/18 per year. With the proposed cap level, we would all be after hit-or-miss 3* players. 3*players shouldn't outweigh 4* & 5* players on a "powerhouse" roster.

My suggestion (ideal recruiting class):
60/40
2 5*
8 4*
7 3*

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Walter323

So I got bored at summer school and wanted to see what it would look like for teams pipeline states for recruiting in the Top 150

Last edited:

Walter323

What about restrictions for the * level of the team? 3* and 4* teams are at a disadvantage recruiting.

Also, the ideal recruiting class is 17/18 per year. With the proposed cap level, we would all be after hit-or-miss 3* players. 3*players shouldn't outweigh 4* & 5* players on a "powerhouse" roster.

60/40
2 5*
8 4*
7 3*

This way (in theory) you can still "rebuild" your team with as many 4* guys as you want. It only effects the very top level recuits

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

60/40
2 5*
8 4*
7 3*

What do you mean by 60/40?

bluejay13

Could we just be able to redshirt only freshman? Otherwise I like all the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Could we just be able to redshirt only freshman? Otherwise I like all the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this too. I would miss the ability to redshirt freshmen only.

With these new sliders the CPU is not an easy out and this is the "Powerhouse". Like always I'm okay with whatever is suggested.

Walter323

So i would really like to give the only pipeline state recruiting of the top 150 with a small adjustment

instead of needing the 6 to consider it a pipeline, we will make it 5 to balance it out and open it up a little bit more
could also say that if a new person joins they have no recruiting restrictions for the first season

Pros:
it only effects 3% of the recruits
spreads the wealth of the top tier recruits
makes each team use a little more strategy when recruiting
in the long run it should make it easier for new people to join and still have a chance

Cons:
this is the "powerhouse" league so our teams should be jacked up

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
I late suggestion, what if we didn't recruit 5 star players at all, that would strengthen the cpu

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk 2

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I late suggestion, what if we didn't recruit 5 star players at all, that would strengthen the cpu

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk 2

Not a bad suggestion, but.....

I enjoy the recruiting, building programs, balancing the classes as much as the games itself. I would miss the ability to recruit the 5-star guys. I like the CAP at 2.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
So i would really like to give the only pipeline state recruiting of the top 150 with a small adjustment

instead of needing the 6 to consider it a pipeline, we will make it 5 to balance it out and open it up a little bit more
could also say that if a new person joins they have no recruiting restrictions for the first season

Pros:
it only effects 3% of the recruits
spreads the wealth of the top tier recruits
makes each team use a little more strategy when recruiting
in the long run it should make it easier for new people to join and still have a chance

Cons:
this is the "powerhouse" league so our teams should be jacked up

That's fine, but a lot of work for you.

SandS2910

old balls thought he had some awesome sliders, gave it a try and it didn't work out.
Yeah... Might want to change run blocking up a little bit. USC gives up 223/game on the ground but I couldn't even muster over 100. Seems a little off

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Yeah... Might want to change run blocking up a little bit. USC gives up 223/game on the ground but I couldn't even muster over 100. Seems a little off

Would like to see what other people think. I too have had a helluva time trying to run the ball since we changed over (1 user game, 2 CPU games). This week I got down 20-0 to Texas A&M before I switched QBs and went spread. I really like the way everything else is playing - the CPU passing game/running game is very challenging to stop.

Oh yeah one other thing is it's damn near impossible to get a pass rush either. If it's the price we have to pay to get challenging CPU games then so be it, just wondering if anyone else was seeing the same things.

Walter323

Would like to see what other people think. I too have had a helluva time trying to run the ball since we changed over (1 user game, 2 CPU games). This week I got down 20-0 to Texas A&M before I switched QBs and went spread. I really like the way everything else is playing - the CPU passing game/running game is very challenging to stop.

Oh yeah one other thing is it's damn near impossible to get a pass rush either. If it's the price we have to pay to get challenging CPU games then so be it, just wondering if anyone else was seeing the same things.

same thing here.

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit

I haven't had too much trouble running the ball. I played OU and Auburn (both CPU teams) and put up 279 against the Sooners on 35 attempts (A+ defense) and 432 against Auburn on 39 attempts (B+ defense.)

Oklahoma shutdown my lead back (20 carries for 70 yards.) And Auburn couldn't catch him with a net (25 carries for 324 yards.)

Defensively...I had 2 sacks vs OU, both from guys on the LOS. And 3 vs Auburn, also by LOS guys. It's a slider issue, not a scheme or talent issue. I had 4 double digit sack guys last season, 2 of whom are back, and start a 92, a 95, a 96, and a 97 in the front 4. I'd like to generate a little more pressure, but if that's somewhere I need to give in order to have competitive games I'll live.

I did notice the CPU is more willing to throw checkdowns, and that may be why we're having trouble getting to the QB. Auburn was 24/31 but only had 230 yards, and most of that came late. At one point they had completed 10/12 for less than 100 yards.
OU was a little more pronounced, 22/30 for 193 yards.

I can't speak much to the CPU ground game. I only played 1 CPU game prior to the slider change and I gave up (-18) to FSU. I will say Auburn's seemed overpowered at some points, but I'll chalk that up to their offensive scheme. They averaged 6 ypc on 38 carries, but their CPU scrambled a lot.

I like the new slider set, much better than the old ones. We've all played this game so much it will be difficult, if not impossible, to find a competitive set that keeps us from feeling cheated. That's how I felt with the old ones, a 76 ovr CPU QB going 20/22 for 400 yards. This slider set is the closest I've had in any OD in a while.

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
I just talked with a buddy, he said in their OD you have to declare who the buffer spots are for prior to the season. Once it's set you can't change it. If that player doesn't leave early, you lose the slot. It has to be an underclassman, no declaring seniors.

Its pretty easy to monitor, and would keep the buffer system in place, and introduce a new element to recruiting. Losing 2 spots right before off season recruiting would make things interesting.

Walter323

I just talked with a buddy, he said in their OD you have to declare who the buffer spots are for prior to the season. Once it's set you can't change it. If that player doesn't leave early, you lose the slot. It has to be an underclassman, no declaring seniors.

Its pretty easy to monitor, and would keep the buffer system in place, and introduce a new element to recruiting. Losing 2 spots right before off season recruiting would make things interesting.
What about transfers?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
What about transfers?

He told me that hasn't come up. Everyone has always highlighted someone who has the potential to leave early. In my experience it's almost always a redshirting freshman who wants to leave.

Walter323

He told me that hasn't come up. Everyone has always highlighted someone who has the potential to leave early. In my experience it's almost always a redshirting freshman who wants to leave.

@BulgyTexas

So at the beginning of the season I declare my 2 guys (john doe and joe smith) as probably leaving early. If they leave early I get to use the +2 buffer, if they stay I am at my regular seniors+empty roster spots. Anybody who wants to transfer that is on the coach and he doesn't get to use a buffer for that.

correct?

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
@BulgyTexas

So at the beginning of the season I declare my 2 guys (john doe and joe smith) as probably leaving early. If they leave early I get to use the +2 buffer, if they stay I am at my regular seniors+empty roster spots. Anybody who wants to transfer that is on the coach and he doesn't get to use a buffer for that.

correct?

Correctamundo

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
IMO it would be foolish to use it on a guy who wants to transfer. If they want to transfer then 99% of them are going to go. I would use it for high OVR SO and JR at positions of need.

Also one more plug for allowing redshirts. I'm not hard over on it, but this is the "Powerhouse" league.

Just my .2 cents.

Walter323

images

Akecheta

I guess I'll know in a couple weeks if I'm still playing. I definitely won't quit because I'm pissed off about the way a game turned out.

Akecheta

ok i'll bite. what are you talking about?

LOL Just when I have quit this league its always been me pissed off about a game with someone. I'm playing my games but staying on Auto because frankly I don't know from adv to adv if I actually want to play. One of them I played just because the last user game took forever and my Xbox was on.

I'm a couple weeks from my Pee Wee season starting, my PTSD group is starting a mens softball team. I'll know in a couple weeks whether I give a shit enough about my Xbox or this game to keep playing. Only this time I won't retire because I'm mad.

LEGEND

I'm trying to stick around myself.. but I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time. My offensive scheme calls for a lot of 3 step drop passing. I don't see that working with 5 Qba. I've been running 5 Qba in all my play now games and it doesn't bode well!

A lot of the big plays in A WCO scheme... in this game... are off quick 3 step drops! It requires quick accurate throws! There is no other scheme in this game That requires the same! So for someone to say their facing the same issues is str8 bull!

I'm running it in 3 other dyn's and the big plays with yac all come off the 3 drop plays. I'm talking 50+ yac yards after a catch. Can't have passes meant to go 5-10 yds flying 15-20! That's a recipe for disaster!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

JAR201166

@JAR201166,

I hear Madden has it's issues also? I've played NCAA only since 2007. 2006 was the last Madden I purchased! Probably so far behind it would take yrs to catch up...

its better then ncaa 17 will be great from what i have seen

BulgyTexas

5 Star Recruit
Anyone else have the running backs stuck in quicksand to start the game? It takes about 10 carries for my guys before they turn into themselves. My first 13 carries against Iowa went for 41 yards, my last 12 went for 160. It might be my offense I know the pistol has had that issue for a while, but I didn't have that problem until we changed sliders.

It kills any chance for me to have a true 2 back attack, because I have to waste 20 run plays to make it work. Even if I run a triple option the pitch guy will catch it and stop before trudging forward.

LEGEND

There's all kind of little issues here and there. I've just kept quiet... Everybody slammed me for the penalties.... And quickly trashed my suggestion. When in reality all changes have issues. You have to tweak em... B4 everything is pretty smooth.

Walter323

Anyone else have the running backs stuck in quicksand to start the game? It takes about 10 carries for my guys before they turn into themselves. My first 13 carries against Iowa went for 41 yards, my last 12 went for 160. It might be my offense I know the pistol has had that issue for a while, but I didn't have that problem until we changed sliders.

It kills any chance for me to have a true 2 back attack, because I have to waste 20 run plays to make it work. Even if I run a triple option the pitch guy will catch it and stop before trudging forward.
I was hoping it was the threshold slider. Before it was at 0, now I think it's 10 or 15

Walter323

There's all kind of little issues here and there. I've just kept quiet... Everybody slammed me for the penalties.... And quickly trashed my suggestion. When in reality all changes have issues. You have to tweak em... B4 everything is pretty smooth.

Kept quiet? Hahaha

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I've noticed the same thing. Have not noticed it in the Ivy. Anyone notice it there?

Walter323

I'll give run blocking and DL a bump and see what that does.

Playing devils advocate, it seems much more balanced than before. Other than last nights game with @NavyHog , passing seems to be much better than the previous sliders. And rushing isn't so overpowering now.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Love the sliders/game play with one big exception (and it's both conferences). As discussed the RBs do not accelerate early in the game. It seems to "settle out" later. I've never noticed this before we switched things around. Anyone said anything about this in the slider section of Operation Sports? Other than that I can't complain.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
Love the sliders/game play with one big exception (and it's both conferences). As discussed the RBs do not accelerate early in the game. It seems to "settle out" later. I've never noticed this before we switched things around. Anyone said anything about this in the slider section of Operation Sports? Other than that I can't complain.
Can we bump user tackling by 5, I bounce off everybody

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk