• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Madden Oh Look The Same Damn Game Again 15

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Omg. You have to do a swim move to get off a defender to run down field in Madden 2014? Hahahahahaha

/breath

Hahahahahajahajahahajahahahahajajaja

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Fuck. This. Game. And fuck this company

Keith1212

See all of you have to understand. The marketing blurb garbage is what they want you to believe is their intention. You're better off not even reading it before you watch the video. The video is the proof of what they actually managed to accomplish. Watch it with no sound.

The game looks like a graphically beefed up, previous gen Madden in every way. EA and EA Tiburon are pathetic.

Let's see if the exclusive rights actually go away after this year. If not I'm not football gaming for a long time unless someone makes some generic third party football game.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Come back to fifa Keith

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
impressions from the former mothership

I had a chance to play Madden NFL 15 on the PlayStation 4 yesterday for about an hour, so this is obviously a small sample size and I expect to have more impressions through the show. While waiting for my opponent to choose his play, I would peek over at the other stations to see more and thus, I’ve seen quite a bit of gameplay. There is still time for the team to tweak some of the items mentioned below, so just remember that as you read through them. These are my impressions from the build I played, I have no idea how close it is to the finished product, nor do I know if things will change for the better or worse when it hits store shelves. I’m just telling you what I’m seeing now with this build, so take it for what it’s worth.
  • Animations are smoother, but sliding is still noticeable, especially in replays.
  • The kick meter reminds me of the swing controls in a golf game. It still doesn’t seem too difficult, but it’s good to finally see a change. The wind direction issue on kicks has been fixed.
  • Watched quite a few QB’s throwing on the run resulting in inaccurate passes.
  • Saw a few scramble with their non-mobile QB and try to get a few yards, noticed turnovers more often than not.
  • When seeing someone running the ball and juking close to the sidelines, I noticed quite a few ran out of bounds, instead of cutting up the field because of a drawn out animation they couldn’t break out of.
  • Uniform degradation looked fantastic.
  • Hard to hear any of the new commentary, the EA Sports booth was very LOUD.
  • I didn’t see a coin toss, you just select receive or kick, guess they removed it?
  • QB accuracy is all over the place, but that is not a bad thing. I had a few overthrows, under throws, lead the receiver too much or threw it behind him on numerous occasions, which causes all sorts of new receiver animations.
  • Receivers will try to tap both feet to catch a ball to stay in bounds, didn’t notice any sliding here, looked fantastic. Actually saw one on a fade to the back of the end zone and a regular sideline out pass.
  • I’m still trying to get used to the “cone” tackling, but you can turn it off. I just need to play with it more. Same with controlling the defensive lineman, getting a jump and hitting the right button to maneuver around the offensive lineman.
  • More on QB accuracy. I had my feet set, had a nice pocket and still threw a few inaccurate passes, I loved seeing that. Might be frustrating on a 3rd down play call, but that’s football, it happens. And I was Romo. :)
  • Saw QB’s throwing all sorts of errant passes in the games I was watching on other screens. Some had their rookie QB’s starting and they wanted to throw their controller. I was loving it. Please don’t change this EA.
  • Still seeing defenders drop easy interceptions, I guess that is ok for some of you, but I’d rather see the defense make you pay for stupid decisions. Yes, there are sliders for that, but I didn’t have time to test them obviously.
  • Love the player celebrations after touchdowns. No more cutscenes, the player(s) do them in realtime. However I still saw a few times where they didn’t do anything. For example, when Aaron Rodgers scores he usually does the discount double check or whatever you want to call it. I didn’t see him do that, in fact, I didn’t see him do the Lambeau Leap either. But it was one touchdown, on another station. Maybe he does it the next time, maybe he doesn’t, just throwing it out there.
  • Celebrations in general just look so much more fluid. Celebrations after sacks, first downs, and big plays in general just add to the atmosphere and polish of the game. I hate seeing the play call screen cover them up though.
  • Without hitting the pause button, by tapping up on the D-pad, you can change the camera angle. We had an issue getting it to work properly, but I’ll play with it some more today. It looks like some things are only seen when playing at lower difficulty settings.
  • I tried a few curl routes and didn’t have any issue completing them, hoping they aren’t too easy against a better defender, will play around with it.
  • Not enough time behind the sticks to say whether or not zones and man to man coverages are better, but they certainly feel tighter. I was in a cover 2 deep and my opponent threw a deep ball with NOBODY around, he was wide open. It could have been a fluke.
  • Really enjoyed the running game. Had two separate kick-out blocks, one that paved the way for long touchdown run, the other to get a first down to run out the clock for the win. When you patiently wait for blocks to setup, you will get rewarded.
  • Still not seeing any jostling/hand fighting between receivers and defensive backs, this really needs to happen. Add a subtle jersey pull, throw an arm out to impede progress. Have the refs throw some flags. OK, I’m done here.

My initial impressions of Madden NFL 15 after an hour are that it’s still Madden for better or worse. It plays better than last year, but don’t expect the wheel to be reinvented this year with the game. I’ll hopefully have more time to play Madden and post more impressions later in the show.

Keith1212

"It's still Madden"

The only relevant part of that. There should be a guideline among anyone that reads pre release impressions or hands on posts or anything like that. Skip to the end unless you feel like reading garbage hopes and Madden dreams coupled with some simplistic observations of another slightly improved shitfest once again built on a shit, broken foundation.

R2D2

A buddy of mine has Madden 25 on both the PS3 and PS4. It seems like on next gen 25 is a LOT better.

Keith1212

I mean I'm sure it's a better Madden. The huge issue is that it's still Madden. It still animates and plays like Madden. The series on this generation of systems needed to not play anything like how Madden has been in order to not suck balls. Instead the game is still "Madden" thus it's still crap.

Keith1212

All the superficial changes in the world aren't going to make this game not suck.

How shitty are these Tiburon EA guys as game developers, project managers and producers? They must all be on the lower end of the pay scale for their positions. They just produce garbage product after garbage product. It's astounding that they go on year after year. How horrendously shitty are the guys that go nowhere in that company or stay at the same position for years there?

At what point does making a shitty product over and over again and lying about it year after year start to eat at ones soul? Do these guys have any pride in what they help make? They refuse to even try and make real changes to the game while they advertise garbage like "Omaha" being in the game when Peyton starts his cadence or Colin Kapernick having his tattoos lolol

One can't even make more of a joke out of this EA "studio" if they tried I think.

Wolfman21

Jesus Christ. Watch the TD catch at the 6:30 mark in that video. If that doesn't prove that this is the same bullshit game you have been playing for the past 15 years I don't know what will. Mother of God i've been seeing that shit forever and they still haven't fixed it. Also not sure I saw anything new in the entire video as far as in-game play. But man..it sure is pretty!

jdlikewhoa

@Reel make sure you get your preorder in.

unnamed_zps63e1bcde.jpg

R2D2

That's dumb. Why didn't they let you get like a free 99 for MUT if you pre-order? Would be better imo.

jdlikewhoa

OS has posted a few articles trashing the game. This has moved from a midnight pickup to a noon on release day one.

Keith1212

What articles? All I can easily find are the forums where there are a growing yet still small number of posters getting a little more critical and a little more skeptical but overall there are still far too many that still are refusing to accept the terrible truth. Once again, crap EA designers and programmers are trying to build upon a supposed next gen game on what looks like the same shit foundation.

They're still on there voicing hope that EA's efforts will succeed when they should be way past that point. These fucks are still in the denial stage and shit :laughing:

jdlikewhoa

What articles? All I can easily find are the forums where there are a growing yet still small number of posters getting a little more critical and a little more skeptical but overall there are still far too many that still are refusing to accept the terrible truth. Once again, crap EA designers and programmers are trying to build upon a supposed next gen game on what looks like the same shit foundation.

They're still on there voicing hope that EA's efforts will succeed when they should be way past that point. These fucks are still in the denial stage and shit :laughing:

With Madden being a more defensively focused game this year, it appears the developers are trying to fix one big part of what has made the game feel stale to many the past few years on the field. Will the additions on the defensive half of the ball lead to more fun or will Madden still feel stale in your non-hands on opinions?

Matthew Coe: No. All of the announced additions on defense have fallen flat for me. Part of that is the reality that in past Madden games, marketed features didn't work properly. Another part of that is that so many current features don't function properly (penalties, anyone?). In no way do I think that adding a defensive camera is a game changer. We had player lock in the NCAA Football series and the view here seems to be similar. The new disengage moves for defensive linemen seem likely to be overpowered out of the box and exploitable online. And while this may seem like a petty complaint, I'm worried that the moves will be too "gamey" and might result in individual player ratings mattering less in the trenches. The tackling cone amuses me to be honest, and seems to be a feature designed with new players in mind, which is fine, I'm just glad that I can turn the visual cone off. Finally, we don't really have any details about the new coverage improvements or specifics about Real AI 2.0. I'm a bit encouraged that they brought in real NFL players and coaches to help with these two features, but I wonder if any of that will translate to Madden's defensive gameplay.

Count me as a skeptic until we see real 11-on-11 gameplay of Madden NFL 15 in a single player vs CPU environment.

Jayson Young: No. The new defensive mechanics that were announced today may help the one defender who's being user-controlled, but what about the 10 other defenders on the field?

Will those computer-controlled defenders still give up huge gains by taking illogical pursuit angles? Will they continue to sit in their tiny zone circles, even when no offensive threats are near the area they are "covering"?

Will man coverage still be beaten by basic curl and out routes, regardless of the wide receiver/defensive back matchup? Will the secondary regularly outjump receivers and catch contested passes through traffic, creating an unrealistic amount of interceptions?

Will play-action passes still fool the entire AI defense, even on obvious throwing downs? Can you still have success running the same two to three money plays all game long, without the CPU defense making any adjustments?

Given the track record of developer EA Tiburon, it is hard to have any optimism that Madden NFL 15 will capture the strategy, atmosphere and emotions of pro football any better than past unimpressive editions -- a losing streak that started with the super-disappointing Madden NFL 11, and has continued, uninterrupted, all the way up to last August's mediocre Madden NFL 25.

Dustin Toms: No. To be honest, I'm not impressed at all. Like both Jayson and Matt have just said: back-of-the-box features from Tiburon mean nothing to gamers anymore. We're ready for more of the same from that standpoint. If all of the announced features are legit, then yeah you can count me as an excited kind of guy. But...

...That trailer looked awful. Sure the graphics are vastly improved, but it looks like it's still being built off of the same game from last year. Watch the player movements and you'll see they still have the stiff robot look and feel to them. When Richard Sherman is doing his typical "crowd-pumping" move, his arms look like it's nothing but a motion - not lifelike at all. Last year was fine to build off of 360/PS3 build, but we're in the new generation now. Make us a whole new ball game.

Chris Sanner: Someone has to be the voice of dissension and I guess that is going to be me. Madden has been a boring experience on the defensive side of the ball for years now, so anything done to give gamers more of a choice and more control when trying to rush the QB are good things. That plus the toning down of QB accuracy and the improvements to DB/WR interactions all sound like they will add to the experience.

Listen folks, Madden is what Madden is. The game will not radically change from year to year just like every other sports game in our genre, this has very little to do with competition and more to do with the simple fact a one year development cycle is going to lead to incremental improvements year after year. At this point, you either like the brand of football EA is putting out there or you don't -- but you can't expect Madden to be something it simply isn't. At this point, I'm convinced that Madden will never satisfy a portion of football fans no matter what it does, but for the rest of us the improvements on the defensive side of the ball are much needed and could make defense a little more fun this year.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
But they change/improve a shitload of stuff on NHL and FIFA, lol

jdlikewhoa

BOSS LEVELLLLLLL!

Glad to see the mini games are back as a new feature despite being in the game a decade ago.

Currently making ma'lady watch these videos. Keep em coming @Reel

worst2first

If they would use those mini-games to revamp their career mode I might, and I emphasize might, consider buying this. There was one version where you started playing special teams and had to earn a starting spot. Then the next year they stripped the mode down to almost nothing and made it so that you were the starter even if you were far inferior to the guy you replaced. One of the best things about RTTS is that when you finally make your big league debut it feels special because you had to work to get there. Except for a few of the high picks, you should have to start on special teams or as a situation player until you earn a starting spot. If you play like crap you should face being benched by the coach.

Maybe it's because I love RPGs and career modes in sports games lend themselves very well to my proclivity to create story lines in my head as I play, but I have come to really enjoy playing career mode. It's unfortunate that Madden's career mode has been so shitty for so long.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I was hoping you meant minigames like NHLPA '93 where you could play shortened versions of Galaga or whatever during intermissions.

Keith1212

They'll never let shit Madden get to PC. If they did the modders would get a hold of it and the game would be so much better then what Tiburon did that the studio name would become the new word for amateur.

All of their horrendous coding and joke work arounds to get garbage features to work within Madden would be revealed too. It'll never happen. There is nothing but negatives involved in a PC release when you're the worst AAA game studio in sports gaming.

I think you knew that Danish but I just have to pile on.

On an unrelated note, OS is back on the trog donkey after a live developers stream. Once again, their mouthpiece said the right things and showed them so a slew of retards over at OS are convinced that they're once again headed in the right direction :laughing:

How does the saying go? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, get fooled multiple times, kill yourself, don't procreate?

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm wondering if I buy Madden again in like 3 more years (making it a decade since my last Madden purchase) if it will have changed enough that I'll enjoy it.

Keith1212

Madden includes little things like the Omaha cadence that the Manning brothers do and apparently they have WR tapping their helmets in the game now(probably with no context whatsoever lol) but then... they still have the defensive line with the wrong hand down in a three point stance.

So much realism