• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

CJ_24

He is a really good GM, that's for sure, and now you can look at the trade and the extension as the combined cost.

I don't know, this is a tough one. The bonus that tips it (to me) is that they managed to get younger around Albies and Acuña.

This is a really dislikeable franchise over the last decade, though. They built up their farm illegally and the former GM is banned from baseball. The Albies and Acuña extensions were criminal and would have been voided by even a moderately competent WBL commissioner. Then they luck into Anthopolous somehow.

I'm split on hyper cutthroat moves like this, because I do think Face of Franchise players deliver above the stat line sometimes when it comes to team chemistry in the backend of contracts. That's super anecdotal, though, Zimmerman being the last example that I really tracked closely.

Edit: Also, Olson is from the Atlanta area and was obviously pretty eager to sign. So that offsets a lot of the Freeman Face of Franchise effect.

I think players see how other franchises treat their players.

Wolfman21

Braves get Rosario and McHugh last two days. Happy about those...especially for their prices. Would be great to add another inning-eater, vet starter...but dont know where thats gonna come from.

Freddie news and numbers confirms to me that he wanted to be in LA.

ZackMills

Have mercy
FOOKpPPWYAQ73Dt

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
SD gets theirs later this year. I’m sure it will be dumb AF, probably ‘bertos yellow and orange stripes.

This is the pinnacle of SD culture, so hopefully they consult with Kyle:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Nobody calls it Washington except flyover swamp dwellers that whine about CORRUPTION

Exactly, and I'm sick of it. If someone asks me about "Washington" I know I've ventured too far West or South and the conversation is about to get uncomfortable.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The Savannah Bananas are interesting concept. March-Early May and August-September: they play BANANA BALL Late May-July: they play traditional college summer league ball

Great way to think outside the box and generate revenue/brand awareness

Wolfman21

"best rotation in the league" takes a huge hit early....Degrom will shut down for a month after an MRI shows a stress reaction in his scapula. After that, he will be imaged again and they'll decide what to do further.