• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Welp unless they score some runs here, gonna come down to Hader in the 9th. A month ago his era was 675.34. Lawd

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
its amazing how low stress these playoffs are after the Braves won the WS last year. I wonder how many years last years WS will carry me

I made it 3 years before I wished that the Caps would trade Ovechkin to the KHL and even sloppily rebuild.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
There's 0 chance this pube beard actually makes Justin Turner look better, right? Seriously looks like something glued onto him in a stage play

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Phillies need to put up a lot of runs again today. Probably going with a mish-mash of shit on the mound with Syndergaard getting the start. If he can't go 5 innings, then it will turned over to human gasoline can Bailey Falter.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator

I have no idea what the roster situation in LA is, but I feel like they will be fine. A few tweaks (Bellinger, lol) and some different bullpen decisions, and there’s a game 5 in LA tonight. Crazy to have that season run differential and come home tho. -3 for the series. Tough break.

Limiting sales to SD County zip codes was cold AF

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don’t get the Roberts hate. He gets Dusty level unjust criticism. Zero chance any move he made wasn’t backed by the FO and data also

Brick

dusty blows.

dodgers dont have to make changes. any team can win a 5 game series. it just a dumb system.

Brick

yall making nonsense arguments because you know i am right. i am glad all those teams lost. yeah HURRR DURRR 162 games 2 decide it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Would you rather have a best of 3 series or just stay home and get 0? Because that used to be the format.

The LDS being the best of five is fine.

I mean fuck dude. The Braves and dodgers got to skip the wildcard round. That’s their reward for having the best records.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I think a bunch of writers should just pick 4 BRANDS every year and let them battle it out in games named after snack foods, and everyone else can play in meaningless games named after lawncare equipment on a network dedicated to selling cholesterol meds, all sponsored by a credit card company in the name of amateur athletics run by a non-profit

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
No I don’t. I seriously don’t. I’d be saying the same thing had the padres lost. Playoff baseball has always been that way. Get a hot pitcher and a hot hitter and they can carry you to a title. It’s awesome.

Teams can be set up better for playoff success. Like the padres. They have 3 good starters and 4 great bullpen arms. That’s generally all you need in the playoffs. That ain’t enough in the regular season though.

Brick

Would you rather have a best of 3 series or just stay home and get 0? Because that used to be the format.

The LDS being the best of five is fine.

I mean fuck dude. The Braves and dodgers got to skip the wildcard round. That’s their reward for having the best records.
at least make it 7 for the best teams against wild cards. i dont get how skipping the wild card round is a punishment when teams with the best record have to sit around unlike they have all season.

goblue96

I'm glad I was only six when this series happened back in 1980. I didn't know how stressful playoff baseball was back then.

1980 NLCS Phillies-Astros

Yep. That's Keith Jackson on the call.

Astros probably win this series if they listened to J.R. Richard when he complained about not feeling his arm or seeing the catcher's signs during that summer.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
No I don’t. I seriously don’t. I’d be saying the same thing had the padres lost. Playoff baseball has always been that way. Get a hot pitcher and a hot hitter and they can carry you to a title. It’s awesome.

Teams can be set up better for playoff success. Like the padres. They have 3 good starters and 4 great bullpen arms. That’s generally all you need in the playoffs. That ain’t enough in the regular season though.

Exactly. Playoff baseball is basically the only time MLB feels like the sport of baseball.

goblue96

The Padres and Phillies pitching staffs are pretty similar.

Padres have Musgrove, Darvish, and Snell as three good starters and then bring Garcia, Martinez, and Suarez to set things up for Hader.

Phillies have Wheeler, Nola, and Suarez as their three good starter and then bring Eflin, Alvardo, and Hand to set things up for Dominguez. Or they bring Dominguez into a high-leverage 7th/8th inning situation and let Eflin close.

That doesn't last for a 162-game season but it's more than enough to get a team through a playoff series.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Agree with Rad and Southpaw. Has nothing to do with the Padres this year. Just got to make the playoffs, and when the benches get shorter and every AB is high leverage, you only really need good players to get hot to overcome great players that aren't playing hot. Fucking Trent Grisham had like the second-worst batting average OF ALL TIME this year, and he's a legit threat ATM. Crazy.

I remember the 1990 Reds being the first time I really noticed a team getting hot and basically owning a team that was significantly better than them in the regular season (the 103-win A's). Chris Sabo FTW

goblue96

If the 1990 Reds had the lead after the sixth inning, the game was over. Charlton, Dibble and Myers took over from there.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I wouldn’t mind 7 game series in the DS, but 5 is probably enough. The three game series is dumb but better than 1 and it’s punishment for being a WC team. Win your division and you don’t have to play a coin flip 3 game series.