• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2022 THREAD, Honkballers can't look and Umpires can't see

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Nola stares at two fastballs down the middle and swings at a pitch in the dirt. Padres strategy at the plate in a nutshell.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
inspired by Tigers 2006/12 world series appearances I see

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He doesn’t make many errors but yeah he sure doesn’t track down balls that others would.

He should prolly be DH.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Welp they got further than I thought they would. Get Tatis back and dump some dead weight and salary and let’s go get em next year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Phillies hit bombs. Hopefully they can do it against the astros pitching.

Still don’t understand not putting in Hader there, but it is what it is. Good season.

Brick

11th best record in the league tho. were they wrong. beat da best pitchers and hitters in da playoffs when it counted! FUN

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Phillies were still 25/30 in defensive metrics. They got hot at exactly the right time. Different roster and and Nats didn’t fire Davey after a slow start, but this run is a lot like 2019 Nats.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
the only thing that matters is finishing September on a heater. There's shit teams that did that who would win the WS if they got in lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
heck it's happened. see 2019 NATTINALS

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Teams with less than 90 wins don’t win the WS all that often. The Phillies and Padres weren’t even that great in Sept. pretty much every playoff team had a better record in September.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The real secret to the Phillies success is KLong btw. That dude is the best in the business. Cheap ass Nats wouldn’t give him a multi-year contract and he went to Philly. He fixed Schwarber in DC and then the idiot Nats exported them both to the worst city on the planet.

None of this matters either, Nats are going to be sold to Leonsis and they’ll never be good again.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Someday Bryson Scott is going to be told about the interview he gave while wearing a Budweiser case as a hat because he sure isn't gonna remember it.

goblue96

in the playoffs, you worry about the 9th inning when you get there. The Phils threw Jose Alvarado, Seranthony Dominguez, Zach Eflin and Ranger Suarez in the 9h inning to get the four wins.

The Padres went out and got Hader for excatly this situation tonight and then didn’t use him.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
It wasn’t the 9th tho- 6 outs is a lot for that dude. Even with his recent success, I didn’t fully trust him

goblue96

It wasn’t the 9th tho- 6 outs is a lot for that dude. Even with his recent success, I didn’t fully trust him

The Padres don't need him to get six outs and close out the game. They need him to three outs in the 8th and figure out the 9th with another reliever. It's a hindsight is 20-20 type scenario but it's hard to justify leaving the biggest weapon in the bullpen just because they don't trust him to get six outs.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I’m ok with the decision. Realmuto getting a hit was key. Don’t think you want to walk the tying run into scoring position, and Suarez had been solid

goblue96

Cheapest tickets on Stubhub for Game 3 at Citizens Bank are $1250 for SRO and $1500 to put my ass in an actual seat. I'm ok with the decision to put my ass on the couch at watch from home. :laughing:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
in the playoffs, you worry about the 9th inning when you get there. The Phils threw Jose Alvarado, Seranthony Dominguez, Zach Eflin and Ranger Suarez in the 9h inning to get the four wins.

The Padres went out and got Hader for excatly this situation tonight and then didn’t use him.

Uhh ok. That’s one approach. Giants and Royals and others build insane pens that shortened the game by nine outs for years, leading to inflated reliever salaries for a decade. Nats had the most piecemeal bullpen I had seen win a WS in years in 2019.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Padres ownership just had the worst thing possible happen when it comes to AJ Preller. Can’t fire the guy that finally got them almost to the promise land for the first time in almost 25 years but keeping him is going to likely get you lesser results next season. Decisions, decisions.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I’m ok with the decision. Realmuto getting a hit was key. Don’t think you want to walk the tying run into scoring position, and Suarez had been solid
I hate the decision. Why even have Hader warming up if not to face Harper? Who cares about the 9th at that point. It would be the bottom of the order.