• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK MLB 2024 Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The orioles are fucking loaded. They don’t even have enough room right now to call up all their studs. They did call up Holliday though. Excited to see him play. He looks like 13 year old. Talk about a babby face. If you call him up after 10 days, why not just put him on the squad from the start lol?
These rules are so damn dumb.

By calling up Holliday within the first two weeks of the season, Baltimore can reap an extra first-round draft pick through the Prospect Promotion Incentive, which awards teams with top prospects who attain a full year of service time and win the Rookie of the Year award. While there are 187 days on the baseball calendar, a full year of service is achieved at 172 days, which Holliday will reach if he remains with Baltimore for the remainder of the season.

The PPI has cut both ways for Baltimore. In 2022, the Orioles kept catcher Adley Rutschman in the minor leagues until May 21, only to see him win American League Rookie of the Year and be granted a full year of service for it while the team did not receive an extra draft pick. Last season, Baltimore broke camp with infielder Gunnar Henderson, whose Rookie of the Year win earned the Orioles the 32nd overall draft pick and $2.84 million in bonus pool space in the July draft this year.

Also, the Nats are considered a major market team that is ineligable for lottery picks two years in a row. A rule that is a result of the LASTROS and Baltimore using the tanking strategy. And Baltimore owns the Nats television rights, an agreement because scumbag Angelos claimed that Baltimore and DC were the same market. But this means that the Nats don't have the benefit that their "major market" would give them.

Baseball is the best sport, but MLB is the worst league.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The orioles are fucking loaded. They don’t even have enough room right now to call up all their studs. They did call up Holliday though. Excited to see him play. He looks like 13 year old. Talk about a babby face. If you call him up after 10 days, why not just put him on the squad from the start lol?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Wat do you mean? Like set up in different locations each pitch? Put whole foot on top?
Not for every pitch or count type, no. Was thinking a couple differing spots on the bump in relation to who they are facing.

It seems most pitchers are comfortable standing in one spot and chucking it.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think the biggest reason is that for both consistency and injury prevention repeatability is really important. For a RHP to throw an inside pitch from the right side of the rubber and then switch to the left side of the rubber and throw an outside pitch it's more than a micro-adjustment in arm angle, arm action, body direction, etc. Add to that the sophisticated biomechanical analysis that's going on at this point and you probably don't get many pitchers screwing around with that sort of stuff.

Zack might have something to add if he follows anyone except that Frye idiot.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I actually don't follow JEFF, or those people he's always tagging, just every couple of days see what he's posted to share with you all!

I was a crafty lefty with a low arm slot, so I toyed around with where I stood depending batter handedness.

NPA (Tom House organization) says your drag line should be in line with home plate. So they would want you to stand on the rubber wherever that drag line lines up, don't mess with it or else you'll have command issues. No one else I trust (Driveline, Tread) really ever talks about that though.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I think the biggest reason is that for both consistency and injury prevention repeatability is really important. For a RHP to throw an inside pitch from the right side of the rubber and then switch to the left side of the rubber and throw an outside pitch it's more than a micro-adjustment in arm angle, arm action, body direction, etc. Add to that the sophisticated biomechanical analysis that's going on at this point and you probably don't get many pitchers screwing around with that sort of stuff.

Zack might have something to add if he follows anyone except that Frye idiot.
‘Sophisticated biomechanical analysis’
Kinesiology is 3rd grade physics, ffs.
C’mon Radford Pear. This ain’t rocket science.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
‘Sophisticated biomechanical analysis’
Kinesiology is 3rd grade physics, ffs.
C’mon Radford Pear. This ain’t rocket science.
Thanks

Idk what you’re Tom Bout but I’m Tom Bout modern day applied biomechanics and data-focused analysis that has become standard for clubs in recent years, like this

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Thanks

Idk what you’re Tom Bout but I’m Tom Bout modern day applied biomechanics and data-focused analysis that has become standard for clubs in recent years, like this

I know bout driveline. Lived in the PNW, memberberries?

goblue96

dee173b1-5493-4c28-a510-23b1c818e773_text.gif

Brick

what is the current general way/trend of how teams build lineup order these days? like why is schwarber leadoff with his low OBP and home run or nothing approach. genuinely asking, not criticizing, because growing up it seemed like leadoff were always high OBP/batting average fast flox like tony womack, juan pierre, johnny damon, kenny lofton, etc. seems like a lot more power at the top recently but i could be wrong.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Some managers have been putting non traditional non speed/high obp guys at the top and also some power hitters at 2. Ensures they get more ABs. Then they have been putting lead off type hitters at 9. Sets the line up real nice when it comes around.

Yandy Diaz lead off, Ramirez at 2 and Siri at 9 for instance.

goblue96

The Phils will have something similar if Rojas learns how to hit. Rojas 9-Schwarber 1-Turner 2-Harper 3

Right now, Rojas hits too many pop-ups. "He should be hitting in them in the ground and legging them out."

7ZFy.gif

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Guerrero, Bichette, Biggio lol.

What gets me is how many of them are not just in the league, they are really good. Tatis, Holliday still a rookie but he’s gonna be a can’t miss.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Supposedly, he's going to be okay. But really dumb when your starting rotation is awful in the first place.