• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Offseason

Walter323

@bruin228 and @codywpogue left for preseason.

I will work on schedules tomorrow and advance once they are done. Here is what I have for requests so far

Clemson: byes at the beginning of the season

Virginia: Byes as late as possible

Texas: week 1 bye week, no TCU, add Texas A&M

Wake Forest: all ranked games, byes early

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@bruin228 and @codywpogue left for preseason.

I will work on schedules tomorrow and advance once they are done. Here is what I have for requests so far

Clemson: byes at the beginning of the season

Virginia: Byes as late as possible

Texas: week 1 bye week, no TCU, add Texas A&M

Wake Forest: all ranked games, byes early

Definitely won't be able to do preseason until late tomorrow, maybe even Wednesday so don't worry about waiting for me.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@MARN0LD0

Thanks for taking the time to outline your OD rules. I am very busy, so I will be fairly brief. It doesn't appear we are going to be able to mesh up your philosophy with ours:

- Speed 80 QB. I'm actually okay with this one. Would rather not mess with player edits or penalize those that recruit super dual threat athletes, but I understand this one.
- Banning of certain routes. No go. All plays and routes can be stopped. Had a newbie join and play 100% press man. I killed him on about 3 straight corner routes and he sent me a PM: "Can you stop calling that play", my response, "Can you stop calling press man every play". I like it when someone tries to sneak in curl routes as their "go to" play. I'm eventually going to bait them into an INT. To win here you must mix up your defense and offense.
- QB sneak ban - Not a bad idea, but again we are against banning plays. It is hard to stop if it's XX and inches, but it can be stopped if it's less then a yard. I'm fine with that because IRL most teams convert XX and inches on QB sneaks. In our OD we don't have a problem with people doing that goofy jump animation on QB sneaks for 2-3 yards.
- Our 4th down rules are very similar so no issues there.
- Agree no glitches. No issues with our users (what is the play review glitch?)
- Recruiting there is a big disconnect. Recruiting is cut throat over here and that is the way we like it. We intentionally restrict our XP to 10 (recruiting only) so that is makes it harder to hoard all the top flight recruits (also a max of 2-5 star).
- We also play our CPU games. Yes we win 98% of them, but it's part of the season.
- Speaking of 10 XP we believe in everyone being on the same playing field. The only XP you get is 10 and it is only for recruiting. This also makes it easier to fold in new players due to the XP glitch.

With our sliders most user games are anywhere from the 20's to the 40's. Our user vs user CC was 43-42 in double OT. Playing defense can be overwhelming at times, but it can be done due to the fact that we turn PBLK down so you have to make your decisions fairly fast. Also we are all pretty close in terms of skill level and no one user dominates the league.

In summary you, or anyone else are free to join up, but there are certain things we are not going to change.

MARN0LD0

Thank you for taking the time to make a detailed response. I do not believe we are that far away from each other.
Our biggest concerns are:
1. 80 speed QB limit
2. Coach XP/Recruiting

With respect to playing CPU games, banning plays/routes we have our preferences, but we can compromise on those points. The biggest issue we have is with recruiting, which we are quite far apart on.

With all due respect you have banned many aspects of the game, certainly many more than we have banned (and all of these components have their respective counter punches to beat as well):
1. Dropping more than 8 players
2. Run commit
3. Burning the clock
4. Calling pass plays with intention of running (This is too subjective of a rule)
5. Fake punts and field goals
6. Hurry-up after completions
7. Passing up-field on screen passes (this is not ineligible receiver downfield, because the linemen do not cross the line of scrimmage until the ball is thrown, which is perfectly legal)
8. Defensive linemen dropping into coverage.
9. Limited Scholarship numbers
10. Limiting position changes (If you put a safety at defensive line, he is probably going to suck at pass rushing and run defense because he is small and has bad rushing skills, just like he would in real life,) - a lot of the rules you have created follow similar logic.

I would argue all of the rules above are unnecessary, or can easily be beat in the game. Honestly I would welcome anyone I was playing to do any of the things you have mentioned in the game because it would be very easy to beat.

That being said, we don't take too much issue with any of the bans above, however, they are mostly redundant because no one will have success doing most of the things listed above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want a defensive game, it is crucially important you change your recruiting rules, Defensive Coordinator XP, and allowing players to stay. I don't take issue with the idea behind all of these rules, however, in practice these rules are absolutely destroying the gameplay in your dynasty. It is these rules that are causing your games to be shootouts.

Offense
The ability of the offense is mostly dependent on the user controlling the team. It is much more dependent on the skill of the user as opposed to the skill of the offensive roster. That being said an increase in the skill of the roster will have a relatively small impact on the ability of the offense to score.

Defense
The ability of the defense to stop the offense is more dependent upon the skill of the roster than it is on the skill of the user. Due to this relationship an increase in the skill of the roster, will create a relatively high increase in the ability of the user to get stops while playing defense.

According to the relationships explained above, an across the board increase in the skill of the roster will benefit the strength of the defense much more than it will benefit the strength of the offense. The logic behind allowing juniors and seniors to stay, in terms of making the game more defensive, is the same as explained above.

Defensive Coordinator XP: This effectively gives an extra year of ratings boost to the defense. It is quite simply another form of editing the sliders. The sliders do effectively the same thing, it is just not as transparent. You said, "but it can be done due to the fact that we turn PBLK down so you have to make your decisions fairly fast" We likewise have turned PBLK down, but it is still not even close to enough. By allowing Defensive coordinator upgrades, you can effectively turn pass block down even more, among many other attributes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't take my word for it. See how our game plays. In our league if you have a drive starting inside your own 20, you are most likely not scoring a touchdown. It is very difficult. I my last 10 user games, I have scored more than 30 points only one time, and I have only lost two games. In that stretch I won 1 user game without even scoring an offensive touchdown. I have scrimmaged five top 100 players in the world in our dynasty on the house rules, and not one of them has scored more than 21 points on our rules.

I would love to play you in a scrimmage in a duplicate dynasty file with 2 of the user controlled rosters. Don't take my word for it, I really want you to see how our game plays. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Gamertag: MARN0LD0

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@MARN0LD0 I don't have the energy to counter all your points. Bottom line is I'm not interested in any changes in the way we do recruiting so we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

I wouldn't mind trying your OD, but I'm already taxed as it is with my ODs here. If you ever want to try it our way you are more than welcome.