• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

S2, WK14 next ADV Tues 10 pm EST

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
User vs User

Pitt at Miami
Wake Forest at Cincinnati

CPU

Virginia at VA Tech
Florida at FSU
South Carolina at Clemson
GA Tech at Georgia
Syracuse at NC State
Duke at UNC

Bye
Louisville
Texas

Akecheta

Between lag and Lbs 5 yards deep picking off passes for WRs 25 yards down field I'm about to lose my mind

Akecheta

It ended up being a non factor, but special teams play of the week nominee

Miami and Pitt trade punch for punch early in a low scoring 1st half and big play for big play in the 2nd off that saw Pitt score 22 in the 3rd and Miami 21 in the 4th to pull off the win. Not sure if it's an "upset". Both teams went over 150 on the ground D and 300 in the air.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Clemson finishes up the regular season a perfect 12-0, blowing out in-state rival South Carolina 55-16. It was actually 55-14, which is what the scoring summary shows, but for some reason a muffed punt registered as a safety? Not really sure how that happened, it actually hit off my player's helmet, bounced into the end zone and as I was trying to get him away from it the loose ball AI kicked in and he dove on it. Not sure why it was a safety since that should be a touchback but it is what it is. Final score shows 55-16, scoring summary shows 55-14.

The Tigers ran 94 offensive snaps for 747 yards in the win, rushing 49 times for 393 yards and 4 TD and throwing 28 of 45 for 354 yards and 3 TD. CU converted 9 of 12 3rd downs but failed on 3 of 11 trips to the red zone and settled for field goals on 2 of the 8 scoring drives. I had 2 end zone INTs, but forced a fumble inside the 5 on the very next play after one so it worked out fine. Deshaun Watson threw 28 of 45 for 354 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT which is kind of amazing because he started 10 of 23 with 1 TD and 2 INT. QBA 5 was a motherfucker in that game. Watson also added 71 yards on the ground.

Gallman rushed 19 times for 162 yards and 3 TD in his first good game in half a season, fourth string HB Adam Choice came in to give everyone a break and rushed 5 times fo 77 yards. Fullback Vince Wynn also had a TD late in the game. Mike Williams led the way receiving catching 5 passes for 109 yards and a 39 yard TD on what was the most absurd throw and catch I've made with QBA 5 (video to follow). A ton of other people caught passes with Leggett and Wynn catching the other 2 TD.

Defense started a little shaky but ended up with 5 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 INT and a FF/FR inside the 5. SC ended up with just 318 yards, which is kind of amazing because they had 245 through the first half. The CPU was just 14 of 40 passing. Weird game all the way around. It was close until the second half and then my team turned into an unstoppable juggernaut and SC turned into a JV team.

The Tigers are off next week before heading to the ACC Championship Game against the Virginia Cavaliers.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Here is that pass play.

I cannot believe I was able to make that throw, on the run, to Watson's left, on a rope, right to Mike Williams. QBA 5 almost never allows for that kind of throw and considering how much QBA 5 was kicking my ass to start the game I'm shocked I was able to make that throw. It was just a desperation third and long play.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

It ended up being a non factor, but special teams play of the week nominee

Miami and Pitt trade punch for punch early in a low scoring 1st half and big play for big play in the 2nd off that saw Pitt score 22 in the 3rd and Miami 21 in the 4th to pull off the win. Not sure if it's an "upset". Both teams went over 150 on the ground D and 300 in the air.

That is awesome. I noticed you came close on me several times until I remembered to pause and drew you offsides.

I think I have blocked one XP/FG in the last 5 years of playing this game. I don't even try anymore.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Here is that pass play.

I cannot believe I was able to make that throw, on the run, to Watson's left, on a rope, right to Mike Williams. QBA 5 almost never allows for that kind of throw and considering how much QBA 5 was kicking my ass to start the game I'm shocked I was able to make that throw. It was just a desperation third and long play.

EA Sports, it's in the game.

Akecheta

That is awesome. I noticed you came close on me several times until I remembered to pause and drew you offsides.

I think I have blocked one XP/FG in the last 5 years of playing this game. I don't even try anymore.

I've been practicing it a lot lately and I think I've actually blocked 3 or 4 this season.

Akecheta

Your user FG block is scary. It also seems the delayed kick based on the release of the stick is hit or miss.

Gotta find things I can steal a point or two, the onside squib, the FG block, working on punt blocks, haven't cracked that nut yet.

LEGEND

I use to block them at will but guys in other dynasty kept bitching it was a glitch! So I finally gave up blocking them! It's just a timing thing... Even if someone waits you can still block them!

Never really tried here... Since no one can run fake kicks I figured it wouldn't be right..

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Akecheta

I use to block them at will but guys in other dynasty kept bitching it was a glitch! So I finally gave up blocking them! It's just a timing thing... Even if someone waits you can still block them!

Never really tried here... Since no one can run fake kicks I figured it wouldn't be right..

Well good thing I can't block them at will hahaha

LEGEND

Well good thing I can't block them at will hahaha
I'd usually block one a gm... Unless they were going for a game winning/tying Xp or FG.

Once I blocked one I usually didn't attempt another. But it was funny watching guys shank them thinking I was coming after them! LoL

Rando

Is the scoring cap for user or CPU games.

I know TX went over 70 on me

There was a point when the game was still undecided and he was approaching 70. I was wondering what would happen in the scenario where both teams are scoring so much.

But when he went over 70 the game was decided

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
12) Scoring cap is 70 points unless the CPU is within 14 points. Every effort should be made to play backups in a blowout. Users found to be running up individual statistics for post-season awards will receive one warning, followed by an immediate suspension of that player for the following game.

Counts for both user and CPU games. If for some reason it's a close high scoring game then you can go over 70.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
12) Scoring cap is 70 points unless the CPU is within 14 points. Every effort should be made to play backups in a blowout. Users found to be running up individual statistics for post-season awards will receive one warning, followed by an immediate suspension of that player for the following game.

Counts for both user and CPU games. If for some reason it's a close high scoring game then you can go over 70.

Since when has the scoring cap applied to user v user games? The rule only says CPU games. The original rule (copy and pasted straight from BSCFL) specifically said no scoring cap in user v user games, just don't be a dick and run it up a ton.

"Scoring cap is 70 points unless the CPU within 14 points. There is no scoring cap in user games, but obviously don't be a dick if you are blowing a user out."

As for @bruin228, his punishment should be having to run the ball 60 times for his next game.

LEGEND

f11569c094e27db4a256680b8c7d449b.jpg

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
So you didn't break a rule, you were just being a dick... Seems normal

Dude, give me a break with this bullshit. The losing team has just as much of a responsibility to play with sportsmanship as the winning team, something that is a rule now in case you and others missed it. Me scoring 76 was me going slow and running out the clock. I led that game 45-7 1 minute into the second quarter and played the final 10 minutes with a 3rd string QB, three backup HBs and my 5th through 9th string receivers.

I'm not going to take knees and punt for an entire half of a game because someone can't pack it in and take a loss. If you run HUNH down 5 touchdowns and turn the ball over EIGHT times, 3 for touchdowns and 3 setting me up inside the red zone, you don't get to complain about someone scoring 76 points on you.

It isn't like I was out there launching bombs and snapping the ball with 30 seconds on the play clock, I threw 12 total passes in the game (3 in the final 10 minutes for just 9 yards) and ran the ball 49 times. I was trying to run the clock, there's only so much running of the clock you can do when you lead 45-7 8 minutes into the game and your opponent is handing you the damn ball on the +30 over and over.

Akecheta

Dude, give me a break with this bullshit. The losing team has just as much of a responsibility to play with sportsmanship as the winning team, something that is a rule now in case you and others missed it. Me scoring 76 was me going slow and running out the clock. I led that game 45-7 1 minute into the second quarter and played the final 10 minutes with a 3rd string QB, three backup HBs and my 5th through 9th string receivers.

I'm not going to take knees and punt for an entire half of a game because someone can't pack it in and take a loss. If you run HUNH down 5 touchdowns and turn the ball over EIGHT times, 3 for touchdowns and 3 setting me up inside the red zone, you don't get to complain about someone scoring 76 points on you.

It isn't like I was out there launching bombs and snapping the ball with 30 seconds on the play clock, I threw 12 total passes in the game (3 in the final 10 minutes for just 9 yards) and ran the ball 49 times. I was trying to run the clock, there's only so much running of the clock you can do when you lead 45-7 8 minutes into the game and your opponent is handing you the damn ball on the +30 over and over.

Please spare us the self righteous bullshit, you're a prick when you play and a prick when you post. Own it, I don't need a 3 page letter trying to justify your score.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Please spare us the self righteous bullshit, you're a prick when you play and a prick when you post. Own it, I don't need a 3 page letter trying to justify your score.

9908cb640cf00bd6689bd2aee22f0a9d.768x506x1.jpg

*Activates Allen Iverson voice*

We're talking about video games? Being a prick playing... video games? We're not talking about real life, we're talking about video games? We're talking about video games on the interwebz? Not actual real shit, we're talking about video games? You're sitting here talking to me about being a prick because of the way I play and discuss a video game? A video game? Really? And people think *I* take things too seriously?

*Deactivates Allen Iverson voice*

Just to be clear, I'm the prick but the person who jumped into a conversation that was not even remotely directed at, about or involving them and started throwing around unprovoked personal insults is... what, exactly?

Fucking Christ it is the internet and a video game, who cares? I was asking @NavyHog to clarify the scoring cap because in the 5 years I've played in Utopia ODs, I can't think of a time we've ever had a user v user scoring cap. The original Powerhouse rule was copied verbatim from the BSCFL rule, which was copied verbatim from the old boards (although it used to be 63, not 70). Apparently the Powerhouse rule was changed but the current rule still makes no mention of user v user play, thus me asking Navy for a little clarification.

I'm not the only one to score 70+ in a game in the last two seasons and this is the first time it has even been mentioned so I thought some clarification would help. I may be a prick on the tiny sliver of irrelevant internet bandwith that Utopia occupies, but I'm also someone who is fairly well known for being a stickler for the rules. I certainly wouldn't break the scoring cap on someone had I, or anyone, been aware it applied to user games as well.

Good talk though. :thumbsup:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
LMAO another novel... You just don't get it

My bad, I just assumed as a grown adult and a father you might be able to read properly constructed sentences. My mistake, next time I'll spray paint a bunch of macaroni in a nice glittery gold for you, paste them on a piece of construction paper and just reply with that.

13233f22dda64edb9dde72d2b69dc382.jpg

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
My bad, I just assumed as a grown adult and a father you might be able to read properly constructed sentences. My mistake, next time I'll spray paint a bunch of macaroni in a nice glittery gold for you, paste them on a piece of construction paper and just reply with that.

13233f22dda64edb9dde72d2b69dc382.jpg

The fact you actually went out and found a photo to support this statement is hilarious. Let's move along.

hcLJxaH.gif

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Of course it applies in user games. In fact it "applies more in user games" even if it didn't (it does now) state it in the rules.

Didn't think anyone had to be told to not score 70 something points on a user if they are already up by 40 points.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

I get all that. I do. However, rules are the rules. If you are up by that amount then turn on chew clock and if you have to take a knee. I think this is first time I've ever seen a user vs user game get close to 70, and I realize that you had the ball a lot/short fields, but at the end of the day you don't break the score (unless it's a close game).

Again I'm not upset @TXHusker05 and @bruin228, I'm just trying to run the league the best way I see fit.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Of course it applies in user games. In fact it "applies more in user games" even if it didn't (it does now) state it in the rules.

Didn't think anyone had to be told to not score 70 something points on a user if they are already up by 40 points.

I get all that. I do. However, rules are the rules. If you are up by that amount then turn on chew clock and if you have to take a knee. I think this is first time I've ever seen a user vs user game get close to 70, and I realize that you had the ball a lot/short fields, but at the end of the day you don't break the score (unless it's a close game).

Again I'm not upset @TXHusker05 and @bruin228, I'm just trying to run the league the best way I see fit.

Which I get completely, you know I'm as much of a stickler for the rules as anyone. My point is only that user v user games are a two way street and at some point the other guy has to know when to pack it up and call it a day.

I don't think it is realistic to ask someone to take a knee for 10 minutes of a 28 minute game because their opponent continues to run a hurry up no huddle offense and turned the ball over 8 times. I did exactly what the rules and common sense say to do; I ran the ball (49 times), I ran the clock (18:18) and I put backups in the game halfway through the third quarter. I don't think our rules really anticipated a situation where a user would lead another user 45-7 8 minutes into the game. I had to apply some judgment to the situation but I did everything I could short of taking 3 delay of games and punting it from the +30 4 times to get that game over with.

The new rule allowing the leading team to unilaterally decide to chew clock in a blow out is a smart rule and should take care of this situation or any like it.

LEGEND

Which I get completely, you know I'm as much of a stickler for the rules as anyone. My point is only that user v user games are a two way street and at some point the other guy has to know when to pack it up and call it a day.

I don't think it is realistic to ask someone to take a knee for 10 minutes of a 28 minute game because their opponent continues to run a hurry up no huddle offense and turned the ball over 8 times. I did exactly what the rules and common sense say to do; I ran the ball (49 times), I ran the clock (18:18) and I put backups in the game halfway through the third quarter. I don't think our rules really anticipated a situation where a user would lead another user 45-7 8 minutes into the game. I had to apply some judgment to the situation but I did everything I could short of taking 3 delay of games and punting it from the +30 4 times to get that game over with.

The new rule allowing the leading team to unilaterally decide to chew clock in a blow out is a smart rule and should take care of this situation or any like it.
I think you have to understand that sometimes it's just not someone's day... That doesn't mean they're just gonna give up!

The reason for the turnovers... is the fact they're trying their damnedest to come back! Things can snowball at times like that. I was down 0-49 against a guy in an OD game. But I refused to quit.. It takes only a play or two to swing momentum in this game. I pressed on and won that game 55-52!

Of course that's the exception not the norm... but it's why people continue to fight. I've been up on guys and never scored more than 60 pts unless I had too! I try to keep a 21-28 pt lead. If it gets to 21 I'm doing what necessary. Otherwise.... I'm running, running, and running some more. I'll punt or kneel as much as needed. I don't see the reason to try and pound a dead horse.