• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw's Stupid Underdog Picks

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I should have started this before the season, but I just forgot about it until last night. If anyone is interested in playing with me just post in the thread. I think we can do about 5-6 people total. Anymore than that would probably be too much. I will just take people on a first come, first served basis as you post in the thread. Other people who want to play along just to keep their own personal point total is welcome to, you just won't be included in the official game so you are free to pick any game you want.

The basic premise of the game is to pick an underdog each week to win their game outright. The points you accumulate come from the spread of the game. So if my Vols are a 16 point underdog to the Sooners next week, and I pick them, if they win I get 16 points. You can't pick the same game as another person. Once that game has been picked, it's off the board. The winner of the game is the person with the most points at the end of the season, not the person who correctly picks the most upsets. We will use whatever the official line is on Wednesday at pick time, so if the line changes after that, you still get whatever it was at pick time.

After today, we will be making the picks in a specified order on Wednesday at lunch time (11-1 Eastern Time) so we can have the Thursday and Friday games available. If you are unable to log onto Utopia at that time, please don't ask to play because you will fuck shit up.

After we get 5 or 6 folks who want to play, I will do a random drawing to determine the order of picking games for the first week. The following weeks we will rotate the order so that the person who picked first the previous week goes last the next week.

In. Who else wants to play?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
After thinking about it, you can make your pick whenever you want as long as you are going in order. I just didn't want to get in a scenario where one guy didn't make his pick and screwed everyone else up because we were waiting on him.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, I don't think Vegas publishes official lines for games against 1-AA teams do they? But no, not power conferences only. Any game with an official Vegas line is fair game.

Ok so far we have:

Southpaw
Basin
Dr. Shats Basoon
Schauwn

Let's get 2 more and then I will do a drawing.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Question: if the spread of the game is 10 points at the time we make our pick, but goes down to say, 8.5 at kickoff, which score will we be credited with if the underdog wins?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
1. Southpaw (swear I didn't cheat)
2. whiteyc_77
3. Dr. Shats Basoon
4. Schauwn
5. Clintmartian
6. BasinBictory
7. GatorTD

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I'm taking BC at home against Pitt. BC +5

Gotta love the home dog and Pitt has been so terrible the past few seasons.

@whiteyc_77 you are on the clock.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Question: if the spread of the game is 10 points at the time we make our pick, but goes down to say, 8.5 at kickoff, which score will we be credited with if the underdog wins?
You didn't read grasshoppa. I addressed this in the first post. You get the points at the time you post your pick. So if someone gets injured or suspended late in the week and line makes a huge change, lucky you, or you could be screwed, depending.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I looked at bodog sports. Yeah if there is a discrepancy in lines we need to make sure we have an official site.

Still waiting on you @whiteyc_77

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm in. Since we're at the bar, what objectively is the best source for lines?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
You might get to replace the Dr. Shats Basoon if he doesn't pick soon. bodogsports is what I've been using.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
I decided to make one of the last games of the week a little interesting. Hawaii +10. The spread was a little larger earlier, but I had to wait to pick...

Schauwn

So you want Iowa state then. Kansas state is the favorite dude.

Derp. Forgot we weren't just picking bets, but underdogs. I'll keep my pick even though since I screwed it. I think KSU is going to win by more than 12.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I got Northern Illinois, with their awesome corn-themed uniforms, over the Tri-Lambda Nerds from Evanston (Northwestern)

I also can't get on bodog at work, but per Yahoo! Sports, Northwestern is a 6.5 point favorite.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Derp. Forgot we weren't just picking bets, but underdogs. I'll keep my pick even though since I screwed it. I think KSU is going to win by more than 12.
Well after gator picks, go back and pick another game you like better.

Heisman06

East Carolina is intriguing. They have the offensive power to give SCAR problems but I doubt they have the defense to make consistent stops. Should be a shoot-out. Turnovers will be key.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
@Southpaw , please correct the lines if I have them wrong:

1. BC over Pitt(+5) - BC lost 30-20
2. Old Dominion over NC State(+17)
3. Michigan State over Oregon(+11.5)
4. Iowa State over Kansas State(+13)
5. Hawaii over Oregon State(+10)
6. Northern Illinois over Northwestern(+6.5)
7. Toledo over Missouri(+3.5)

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Schauwn actually took USC instead of Iowa State. He sent me a pm before gator picked.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
@Southpaw , please correct the lines if I have them wrong:

1. BC over Pitt(+5) - BC lost 30-20
2. Old Dominion over NC State(-17)
3. Michigan State over Oregon(-11.5)
4. USC over Stanford(-3)
5. Hawaii over Oregon State(-10)
6. Northern Illinois over Northwestern(-6.5)
7. Toledo over Missouri(-3.5)

Updated

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
1. Basin 1-0 6.5 points with Northern Illinois over Northwestern. God the big 10 is total shit.
2. Schauwn 1-0 with 3.5 points with USC over Stanford.

Erryone else lost.

This week's pick order.

1. whiteyc_77
2. Dr. Shats Basoon
3. Schauwn
4. Clintmartian
5. BasinBictory
6. GatorTD
7. Southpaw

Make your picks anytime between now and Wednesday, but try not to hold up the show until the last minute.

Last edited: