• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

MrShotgun

Neither team can really get anything going in the offensive zone. It's up and down the ice with each team running 3 forward lines... Fun as hell to watch

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Man, i haven't been this excited for a Stanley Cup finals since the Penguins-Blackhawks series. If, and it's a big if, the Pens win that'll be five SC wins I've gotten to see with them.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I sure would have liked the Preds chances better against Ottawa, but the series wouldn't have gotten hardly any attention if it was Nashville and Ottawa. Plus, I like the idea of having to beat the best if they want to win it.

It's also nice having two American born corches and no Canadian teams yet again. Poor Canada.
@smeth
@osick87

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
That game was so exciting. I was standing up for most of the latter half of OT1 and all of OT2.

The first 60 minutes were kind of a snooze but when OT started it was time to get freak nasty. Great seeing the Pens make it to another SCF but I see them getting their asses kicked by Nashville. Letang out and Maata looking completely lost doesn't bode well for these guys, especially with Gino looking like he's holding back tears when he skates.

That said, this is the first SCF where I'm ok with either team winning and would legit pay good money to see Don Cherry's reaction to PK doing his thing. Our cat has had a PK Subban Fathead from the Montreal days over her bowl for the past six or seven years so if they win she's getting one of him with the Predators.

I really think the Pens win in 6. Nashville has a lot of injuries and lacks this type of experience. That said, I could see Rinne standing on his head and stealing the series.

Simo77

If Nashville wins it'll be Rinne and the d corps. As is obvious. They are too depleted down the middle and the Pens, even banged up, are far better there.

I find it difficult to think Nashville can continue to win without a no1 center. Though I also pronounced them dead after game 4 of the Anaheim series. Hope they continue to prove me wrong.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They've never had a great Center since they came into existence. Johansen is definitely the best they've had, and he was having a great playoffs, but even he is prolly not in the top 10-15 centers in the NHL.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
AzSxCx.png

Simo77

I've bitched about it before and will do it again. NHL has completely lost the plot with this offside shit. Needs to be like in football if a the ball is immediately recovered some shit... Not 10 seconds and 2 turnovers later.