• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Travis7401's 2049 Regular Season Awards Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
For pitchers, what do you guys want to see? I was thinking about doing just Starters and Bullpen and then giving the following awards for each league

Starters (gives 6 total SPs, 3 value pitchers, 3 trogstars)
2 Stuff King (best strikeout pitchers
2 Movement King (best groundball pitchers)
2 Control King (best control pitchers low balls/walks, low pitch counts, lots of innings)
3 best value SPs from each league
3 Trogstar SPs from each league

Bullpen
4 Best Middle relievers
2 Best Closers (saves)
2 Best Loogy (against lefty only)
3 best value RPs
3 best strog stars

Thoughts on this? Seems boring to just rate them by ERA or ERA+ because anyone can do that. I want to dive into the stats a bit more to highlight some interesting players.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Starting Pitchers (Included everyone who started at least 10 games so it is a pretty large database). I sorted by ERA+ for this table. Where pitchers were eligible for more than one superlative, I picked a different player. (Kasib and Okada would be listed for several awards otherwise). The rigger Jesse Wiseman @Orlando was the only minimum salary player to crack the starting lineup as a "Movement Star" (low HRs). That opened up another youngster spot for the record breaking Steve Ledbrook and his 48 starts :laughing:

18652288143_13ab4edf03_b.jpg

19276725581_253c3f045a_b.jpg

19086708289_b9a985381b_b.jpg

North League Stuff Stars:
Cameron Coribshley - Moscow
Tanyu Nakamura - Las Vegas

North League Movement Stars:
Toshiki Okada - Seoul
Cliff Jackson - Las Vegas

North League Control Stars:
Jose Rivas - Moscow
Zach Campbell - Hampsterdam

North League Budget Stars:
Lenny Fernandes - Lisbon
Parker Gordon - Berlin
Javier Lopez - Hampsterdam
Bruno Navio - Helsingborg
Leon Lopez - Helsingborg

North League TROG STARS:
Pedro Ramirez - Lisbon - Had an average year pitching... on a $49 Million contract
Verner Mole Hartlieb - Helsingborg - His performance is not what landed him on this list, it was his injury immediately after being traded and his cumulative injury history in general.
Satoshi "The Bird" Watanabi - Dublin - When not torturing allied prisoners of war, he's busy fleecing @Mr. Radpants
Jose Ramirez - Dublin - Sub par pitching on $4.2Million per year. Eww.
Jonathan Peterson - Helsingborg - Double woof pitching, 4.3 Million

South League Stuff Stars:
Donald Mason - Buffalo
Mustafa Kasib - BA

South League Movement Stars:
Jesse Wiseman - ND riggers
Geiler Shulz - Kabul

South League Control Stars:
Folkert Van de loo - False Bay
Fernando Soto - BA

South League Budget Stars:
Luis Cuevas - False Bay
Luis Barajas - BA
Helesponticio Cicio - ND riggers
Mitch Wilson - BA
Steve Ledbrook - Danny Tanners

South League TROG STARS:
Jung Sik Kim - Danny Tanners - Terrible Pitcher and making over 13 Million/year. I blame @Reel
Samuel Seguin - Buffalo - Below average pitching on over $7 Million/year
Brad Weeks - ND riggers - Worst pitching of anyone above minimum salary
Freddie Whitaker - LRM - Woof pitching, 6.5 Million
Conrado Ragalla - LRM - Double woof pitching, 5.5 Million

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Lemme fix that, lol. That actually helps as the last two "trog stars" in the South weren't really that Trog and I was missing some good ones in the North. You've evened things out!

jdlikewhoa

7 of these 22 stars mentioned have played in the False Bay organization at some point. GOAT pitcher breeding ground in South Africa.

osick87

Community Liaison
I am changing my pitching strategy/outlook

Is it trade me one of the greatest players in the league and have me outfit your rotation for the next 5 years? Because if it is, you gotta give me a couple more seasons.

Last edited:

Schauwn

Lee and Sargant should be up next year, and those guys will be minimum too, so then I can spread Rat's salary over 4 guys. 12.25/per sounds about right...

Rat is going to be so disappointed when I dont want to re-sign him at whatever absurd amount he's programmed to think he deserves...

Gooksta

Is it trade me one of the greatest players in the league and have me outfit your rotation for the next 5 years? Because if it is, you gotta give me a couple more seasons.
No. I am changing what i want from pitchers, Draft/organizationally. I put too much into a certain aspect of pitcher profiles

jdlikewhoa

Lee and Sargant should be up next year, and those guys will be minimum too, so then I can spread Rat's salary over 4 guys. 12.25/per sounds about right...

Rat is going to be so disappointed when I dont want to re-sign him at whatever absurd amount he's programmed to think he deserves...
Can't wait to throw $40m per at Rat

ZackMills

Have mercy
Kim was actually serviceable after I brought him up from AAA. That stint cost him the WBL Games Started record.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Today has been my most productive day in a while, currently operating at 95% trogfficiency! I actually left my spreadsheet at home on purpose, so as to not be distracted. I completed the analysis and write up for my SP post during my one hour lunchbreak, and still had time to walk the dog. Life is all about trogfficiency, boys!

You'll all be bowing down to the trogfficiency of the riggers soon enough.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I covet several of @Reel and @ZackMills players too, so that's part of it.

The five players I could name-
Fred Smith reminds me of my dog Fred, plus he's really good. Fred would bite him doe, because Fred is racist :(
Mack "Return of The" Bonhomme is one of my favorite young players.
Ledbrook makes me so mad when I watch live sims, so I remember that whore.
Luis Velez is literally the real name of WAR LUIS, @osick87 might remember.
Edward Moon because I've watched him get traded all over the WBL. Almost asked for him during my trog negotiations with @doh, but I decided to strut at him in the papers instead of being reasonable :laughing:

I was disappointed in my self that I'm apparently so racist that I couldn't remember the "Ho Lee Fuk Sum Ting Wong" pitcher name that I just put in the Trogstar pitchers list 2 hours ago. (Jung-Sik Kim, fwiw but I had to look it up)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Moon for Caffar was a 100% fleece for Zach. I love Moon. Covers so many positions it allows you to go more specialized guys on the bench. He's a perfect 25th man because of his defense too. He's also not a terrible hitter.

doh

I am changing my pitching strategy/outlook
I changed mine a few seasons ago... part of it (LH heavy) was based off of my ballpark and the ballparks/best hitters in the NL. The other main part (movement) is based on my defense. This is the first year I've had a really good K-rate in a while too. I've always had the belief that with control is by far the least important of the 3 main ratings. Especially with a good defense/not giving up HRs.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I'll probably end up giving Moon the chance to play all next year at either 2B, SS, 3B, CF, or RF (yes, I'm not married to anyone at those positions since Fred will most likely be moving to DH). I really don't expect him to hit enough to be worthwhile though.

Gooksta

I changed mine a few seasons ago... part of it (LH heavy) was based off of my ballpark and the ballparks/best hitters in the NL. The other main part (movement) is based on my defense. This is the first year I've had a really good K-rate in a while too. I've always had the belief that with control is by far the least important of the 3 main ratings. Especially with a good defense/not giving up HRs.
I noticed a trend of my pitchers that's is horrible for my ballpark..so changing some preferences

Gooksta

I'll probably end up giving Moon the chance to play all next year at either 2B, SS, 3B, CF, or RF (yes, I'm not married to anyone at those positions since Fred will most likely be moving to DH). I really don't expect him to hit enough to be worthwhile though.
Yeah. He could be a decent glove/pinch runner for late game situations

doh

I don't think he's good enough to play every day but if with my team where I try to give guys lots of rest, he works because he can play so many places.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Relief pitchers (must pitch 25 innings) I did 6 relievers for each team. I broke the all stars down by 4 RPs, 1 LOOGY, 1 Closer. The Minimum salary players and Trog Stars I just picked 6

19094919110_676997662c_b.jpg

19276542652_0a42147423_b.jpg

19286436331_ed79aac4be_b.jpg

North League All Stars
RP Ti-An-Mah - Las Vegas
RP Levi Neuvel - Seoul
RP Leonardo Muniz - Moscow
RP Ilia Karpenkov - Hamsterdam
LOOGY - Virgil Langenkamp - Moscow
Closer - Luis Chavez - Moscow

North League Relief Value Stars
Ed Weaver - Las Vegas
Tommy Havis - Hampsterdam
Abu Bakir Bin Shareef - Dublin
Julio Suplveda - Berlin
Rafael Munoz - Helsingborg
Dean Byforth - Istanbul

North League Relief Trog Stars
Eko Ananas - Seoul
Ivan Boxsell - Dublin
Bailey Challen - Moscow
Caffer Stonestreet - Las Vegas
Felix Arteaga - Dublin
Suhi Uchida - Moscow

South League All Stars
RP Pedro Martinez - Cairo
RP Tyronne Massey - riggers
RP Raul Medrano - Buffalo
RP Patrick Heathcot - Key West
LOOGY Daniel Saldana - riggers
Closer Billy Humphrey - Kabul

South League Relief Value Stars
Russ Mcdonald - Key West
Virialo Montalvo - San Francisco
Esteve Montes - riggers
Matin bin yusef - BA
Barney Hinton - BA
Jorge Rivera - Key West

South League Relief Trog Stars
Jose Davila - Key West
Paco Duran - San Franciso
Orlando Grinaldo - Buffalo
Luis Fabian - Kabuil
Senan Mcvay - Buffalo
Gerard Martin - San Francisco

/fin

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I have a task for you now. @Mr. Radpants I only remember gandolf's staff. Get the others.

Gandalf's Staff Award (Best Bat)
Lighting Bolt Award (Best Arm)
Relieving Wizard

Need one and only one for each league. You already did the Platinum Stick Wizard.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have a task for you now. @Mr. Radpants I only remember gandolf's staff. Get the others.

Gandalf's Staff Award (Best Bat)
Lighting Bolt Award (Best Arm)
Relieving Wizard

Need one and only one for each league. You already did the Platinum Stick Wizard.
There is a best arm award in game?