• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Travis7401's Long Dark True Death Dynasty

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Episode 12 - This video has a fair bit of action: More ice fishing, start of bad luck with fire starting, freezing and starving, narrow avoidance of a wolf who tried to set an ambush by my cabin.

Link to Episode 12

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Episode 13 - This one is pretty boring, I set some squirrel traps in an area without squirrels to see if that still works, then I get basically trapped in the house by poor weather and a wolf that is hanging out by the cabin. This one isn't too exciting.

Link to Episode 13

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I don't know what happened, but videos 14-16 didn't record sound. FUUUUU. My mic was on and everything, so I don't know what the deal was. Episode 14 would have probably been one of the most exciting episodes of the season, as I had to attack a wolf that kept waiting outdside the cabin. Anyway, here are the vids. I decided to move my base camp back to fluff e bunny valley for a few days of trapping.

Even without sound, Video 14 is worth checking out because I strut at a wolf and kick his ass, then hunt him down to try and finish him off and he kicks my ass :laughing:

Episode 14 @ 1:30 is about where the action starts

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Apparently there is some issue with ShadowPlay in desktop capture mode where the sound cuts out, but restarting fixes it. As such I'll just have to remember to do a sound check sample before recording gameplay footage in the future.

Anyway, Episode 17 features some rabbit cooking, sleeping, rabbit trapping, broken snares, new snares being created. I'm also being a lot more frugal with my food stores, attempting to save enough calories up for a scavenging trek in coming days.

Episode 7 Link

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Episode 18 - Managing calories by sleeping/starving and then eating a little bit and then sleeping for a few more hours to recover. Made another rabbit snare, got caught by bad weather for most of the day, harvested some wood, checked rabbit traps. Have survived for almost 15 days at this point.

Episode 18 Link

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Just make sure you hit that like button on all the other videos, then I'll hook you guys up ;)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Episode 19 - I have a pretty decent system going, but I can see the writing on the wall. No bullets + no more gut (can't build more snares) means that my snares will eventually break and I'll be left without a food system. I managed to stockpile a full 1800 calories worth of rabbit and a gallon of water before even going out to check my traps, so I figured this was the perfect time to go on a scavenging run. I'd love to find more bullets, a hatchet (to make wood gathering more efficient), maybe a can opener, etc. Mostly I just was feeling a little stir crazy sitting around in the lonesome trappers cabin all day. This is one downside for it being a permanent base camp.

So anyway, I decided to make things more challenging and trek cross country to the North to some other areas I haven't looted yet. I haven't traveled this route before (I've only approached either location with the Railroad tracks as a reference point) Anyway, I knew it was a long trip and I should have probably turned around when I was hit with bad weather, but I kept on trucking...

My plan to head North/NorthEast on what I figured was the shortest route kept getting intercepted by wolves.

Episode 19 Link

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'll go ahead and Drop Episode 20 (Final Episode) now too, since it is the logical continuation to Episode 19.

I'm getting closer to my destination, but now am now freezing pretty rapidly and the weather is only getting worse. More frustratingly, my path northward keeps getting blocked by wolves so I have to keep shifting East and at one point even Southeast to avoid a wolf. DON'T PANIC, STAY CALM. Eventually I know I'm too far East of my original goal anyway, so I make the decision to just hoof it back to the RR tracks in an attempt to find shelter there (or Osick's house). At least I know the area around the RR tracks, so I should be able to find shelter. In very poor condition, I make it to the Deadfall area, which I know isn't far from my goal of hitting the RR tracks, but I have to stop to build a fire in a decrepit cabin because it is a blizzard at this point and I need to get out of the wind... The rest is history. It was a good long run, given the shitty starting conditions, but in the end my sense of adventure got me killed again... The only surprising thing (or unsurprising?), given the circumstances, was how I died

:laughing:

Episode 20 - The End

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Reel with this fuckshit. The best part of watching this back is I can see where I fuck up (about 2:00) and take my wrong turn to avoid a wolf. I think I was really close to my destination at that point and I should have just strutted at it with a flare and scared it off instead of turning Southeast to avoid it. I ended up having to travel a LONG way Southeast and then figured I'd just make my run for the tracks. FUUUUU.

Last edited:

Schauwn

Sad day, but I'm excited to see how you handle the next map where you wont be as familiar with it.

Would be really interesting if you get a better start than you do here...maybe you find a hatchet or a can opener earlier. I could even see that screwing you over more though, because then you'll be more bold with your choices thinking you have a fallback

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I did have a pretty brutal start with finding 0 tools (hatchet/knife/can opener) in my first few days, because it makes everything you do so inefficient that you are basically wasting calories by doing it. To scavenge meat without a knife and then scavenge wood without a hatchet means that by the time you actually cook the meat, you've wasted more calories getting it prepped than the meat itself is worth. I think the game did a great job capturing that dynamic (though in reality it is even harsher as rabbits don't have 500 calories).

I mean all things considered, this is one of the better survival games I've played. It still has certain elements of actual survival changed to make it more entertaining (ie Wolves being a very intense threat) but the core game play emphasizes the survival elements in the correct order (shelter/safety most important, water next, food last).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Alright, I started my True Death play through on the coastal highway map. Much better starting conditions this time as it was daylight and I was near buildings. Being brand new to the map, this was really lucky because I didn't die in the first episode! Eventually I worked my way down into a rather large settlement with at least 5-6 houses visible and a garage. It is also apparently overrun with wolves, made angry by the geomagnetic disaster. With no weapons and only one flare, I struggled to avoid the multitude of wolves as I attempted to explore/loot the town. I shall call this wolf town.

Here is Season 2 Episode 1 and Episode 2

Season 2 Episode 1 Link
Season 2 Episode 2 Link

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Season 2 Episode 3

To start the episode, I spend a little time pooping back and forth with the wolves who are guarding both exits of the service station I'm now trapped in. With it getting dark, I decide to take one last look over the service station for stuff to scavenge, then I forage some reclaimed wood for a bit and start a fire in my fire barrel. I then boil a little water and head to bed to do some sleep starvation. After a little something to eat and more sleep, I'm back recovered and I barely used any food at all.

The next morning I decide to make my break for it. The back door is still guarded by an aggressive wolf, but I eventually find an opening out the front. I make a quick run down the road towards another cabin. As I approach the cabin, I hear a wolf barking behind me. I've been spotted! I frantically look for the door to the cabin as the barking gets closer, will I make it inside in time?

Season 2 Episode 3 Link

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Season 2 Episode 4 -

Episode 4 starts with me looting a new cabin. No Rifles or weapons found, what the fuck is wrong with this country folK? No rifles under their beds? Matches on the edge of a bathtub? WTF. After a while I make a run to another cabin, with wolves hot on my trail. Wolves are everywhere in this town. I find a ton of trog fuel, but still no weapons. FUUUU. Still, with the amount of water, food, clothes, wood, etc I've found I should be able to live for a while!

Season 2 Episode 4 Link

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Season 2 - Episode 5

Having made it to the cabin at the edge of the town last episode, I decide to build a fire and cook some food! Then I store some of my food in the freezer, hoping the insulating properties and tight seals will keep the vermin out of it! I do this for about 5 minutes to get below my weight limit. Then I dump a bunch of unnecessary clothing into a closet. Glad I'm re-watching these videos, because I forgot about the clothing stash, lol.

Eventually I try to walk out the door... guess who is waiting for me? HMMMMMMM

Then I forage all the wood in the building and stash it by the fire place. Such excite!

Season 2 - Episode 5

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
SEASON 2 - Episode 6

The episode starts off with a thrilling few minutes of forced starvation sleeping, followed by some eating of food and then sleeping again to recover.

I try to venture out on the lake, but the -17 temperature blocks me. I spend a little more time admiring my awesome base camp, but I still don't have a weapon, so I'm stressed.

More attempts to venture out are blocked by bad weather (FOG)

Eventually I make a run to an adjacent cabin that I've already scavenged for supplies (but not wood) and I start a cycle of wood scavenging and sleep starving. This is a pretty boring episode, but at least I left base camp!

Season 2 Episode 6 Link

Schauwn

Have you tried distracting the wolves with raw meat or dog food? Only seems natural that that could be a way to get you a few more seconds to get away from a wolf if you get caught by one.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If I start to get bored, I will confront a wolf, fumble through the inventory system looking for my canned dog food, and then select can opener, and then open it, and see what happens.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Season 2 - Episode 7

MOAR wolves, man I gotta get out of here. I start a fire and then cook some food. Eventually I get a relatively warm moment and no wolves immediately around the cabin! I make a run for the ice fishing huts! Will I make it, what will I find? I might even find something amazing like @Brick 's house!

Link to Season 2 Episode 7

Brick

That was my last six pack of trogfuel.

iwas coming back for that rabbit, and you better damn well return that sewing kit

Havnt found ma'gun yet because I took it with me. Get off my lawn

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I don't watch @Reel's 2 minute honest trailers, let alone 15 minutes of this.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Season 2 - Episode 8

I make a run from @Brick 's house to one of the ice fishing shelters to look for a knife... spoiler alert, I have zero luck finding a knife. I then make a run to the next Island, fortuitously named "Jackrabbit Island." If I'm ever able to make a snare (need to find a knife, harvest some guts, then get back to a workbench) then I'll be able to have a nice renewable food source here because the bunnies abound. Unfortunately, I do not find any weapons here either. WOMP WOMP WOMP.

Last few minutes of the video is just me organizing this as another safehouse filled with food and clothing and end the episode there.

Season 2 - Episode 8