• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 3 - Presented by People who comment they arent watching

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
I didn't realize you could throw from across the LOS as long as one foot is on the line. Seems like a weird rule.

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
Yeah, that was okay. The lineman blocking 5 yards downfield, on the other hand ...
Yeah, I know it was the right call... I literally meant that I didn't know that was the rule. I figured if you were breaking the plane with the ball, you were considered across.

The lineman downfield doesn't bother me. I don't know that it impacted the play at all.

Regardless... Can't blame the refs for fumbling 2 kickoffs and throwing picks in your own territory.

Iron

Does someone need to constantly stand next to Lane Kiffin and say "hand the ball the Henry" or...?

Soonerfan09

Wow.

Did not know the ball couldn't be batted forward. That should have been reviewed.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
Wow.

Did not know the ball couldn't be batted forward. That should have been reviewed.
I didn't either, I am learning lots of new rules in this wacky game.

I really don't think he intentionally batted it forward... I think he was in a full sprint, full extension, and it just went that way.

Soonerfan09

I didn't either, I am learning lots of new rules in this wacky game.

I really don't think he intentionally batted it forward... I think he was in a full sprint, full extension, and it just went that way.
I think you're right, despite the lack of replays.

I'm gonna go with: Bama wins, ranked #1 next week. Not entirely sure they don't deserve it. Only team, IMO, that has been better this season, has been been LSU (maybe should have said "more impressive).

As I say this, Bama throws a pick....

Soonerfan09

When is the last time Bama turned the ball over 5 times?

When is the last time Bama turned the ball over 5 times and didn't force a turnover?

jobob 5.0

I Am Reborn
When is the last time Bama turned the ball over 5 times?

When is the last time Bama turned the ball over 5 times and didn't force a turnover?

TV said it's the first time under Saban. I don't even know if Pennington's team went -5?

Soonerfan09

TV said it's the first time under Saban. I don't even know if Pennington's team went -5?
I heard that, but I heard them talk about the last time Bama went -5, which could answer my post, I was just assuming it wouldn't be.

Bdub

And BYU has the ball with the chance at a hell Mary. If they let Mangum roll to his right they deserve to lose.

bruin

Oh.

UCLA won a big game while trailing 20-10 in the 4th with a true frosh QB.

Myles Jack with the game clinching INT couldn't hide my hard on right now.

200+ yards rushing? Could have ran for 300+ if Mazzone had balls...

Get fucked.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
BYU didn't disappoint during the UCLA kneels. Bronco made sure to call them over to the sideline to make sure they end someone's season.

And yet Fox Sports 1 didn't say anything about BYU being dirty! Nor did they discuss, at any point during the game, what a terrible dresser Bronco is!

0 Stars, Fox Sports 1.

Seriously, though, while I'm disappointed to lose a game that could have been won, BYU showed VERY well here. I'm excited about the direction of this football team right now. Winning at Michigan next week is no gimmee, and I won't get to see the game until around 9 that night, but BYU should go into the Big House expecting to win.

PSUEagle

Rosen is ugly as a dog though. There has to be some NFL ugly quarterback leadership theory, no?

I like that his two parents are Ivy League graduates, so he's probably really smart. He's the type of kid I could see having a coach's level understanding of whatever offense he plays in, a lot like Andrew Luck. Guys like that with high quality physical tools have a chance to be special.

Also like that he told off Dilfer and had the balls to correct his playbook errors. I'm sure Trent didn't like it because he's a meathead who doesn't like being questioned, but if I were an NFL coach I'd love it: shows me he'd take ownership of an offense and wouldn't be afraid to voice his opinion if they were running plays/concepts he didn't like.

bruin

J Chosen is Nic Cage from Valley Girl.

come on, I know you guys can see it.

nicolas_cage_1.jpg

1342383.jpg

Brick

I think UCLA -17 was the most ridiculous line of the season so far. Wish I still did online betting. BYU's run defense was so bad last night in the second half. So many holes. Mazzone is one of those "balance for balance's sake" guys I can't stand who seems like he picks plays out of a bingo ball dispenser, but even he only had Rosen pass it 23 times last night. It will be interesting to see what they do against Arizona next week. Feed Perkins.

PSUEagle

@PSUEagle: protip - watch gameday and pick against TEH BEAR. man, that dude is clueless.

I'll try, but I swore off pregame shows way back in high school.

Haven't done any gambling since 2010 (college senior year) and back then I had more time to study it and do well. Loved hitting CUSA OVER's that year.

Brick

the less i study it and instead use common sense principles, the better i do. i know i made $$$ easily in college every time someone like fucking vandy was favored by 10 or more points. i pay far less attention to stats than i did back in college, and feel like i'd do much better today.

PSUEagle

I can see that: I used to do something similar. For instance, anytime Bowden era Clemson had a big win I'd take whoever they were playing the next week.

It's hindsight, but if I were paying attention this week I would have went BIG on LSU: as frustrating a team as they are, anyone who watched Auburn the first couple weeks could see that they have serious issues and are headed for a bad year IMO.

bruin

2 of the 3 picks by Rosen were in the redzone. Can't happen. But I think we'll look back after this season and say this was Rosen's 'true freshman' game. And the Bruins pulled it out. Haven't won these type of games in the past.

Bdub

I think UCLA -17 was the most ridiculous line of the season so far. Wish I still did online betting. BYU's run defense was so bad last night in the second half. So many holes. Mazzone is one of those "balance for balance's sake" guys I can't stand who seems like he picks plays out of a bingo ball dispenser, but even he only had Rosen pass it 23 times last night. It will be interesting to see what they do against Arizona next week. Feed Perkins.
Yeah easy money there.

CJ_24

burt

Bielema said Monday. "As a coach who has been in it for 10 years, I know better than to worry about somebody that's been around for a couple and they're .500. So we'll just go forward.