• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Wendell Gee's Moscow Mules

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
qHaq9oB.png

Got a nice budget increase after a few years of austerity measures and celebrated by blowing it all in the IFA market. That adds up to $19M and with the tax it's $34M. I was appalled when @jdlikewhoa did this with #Bug. But hey, live and learn. None of these guys are Bug but it's a fast way to stock the IC. I had to retract some offers on the 2nd sim in order to keep my money on the rest - I guess because OOTP added in the tax surcharge after the initial round of offers. So I think I drove up the price on a few guys I couldn't keep my chips on. And I probably overspent, because projections are red and I have zero to spend this year. We should be fine in 2048 again as some contracts end.

Peña, Alverado, and Feliciano project as marginal WBL material. They are pretty much immediately the top pitching prospects in the Moscow IC.

Hernández and Lucero are interesting gambles and also are immediately the top prospects in my IC, according to Howard. He rates them at odds with OSA. If he's right, great; if not, no worries. Gotta spend this fake cash someway or another.

Brown was just cheap. I don't know why Phillips shows up on this list because he signed without a bonus.

Really wanted Sandbach but had to bail on price. Really liked Zombie Soliz but Berlin snagged him with a great offer, as they did Jesus Ruiz. Fozzie Leckenby gone be good for Buffalo. And Jari Kievit may be the next Enquist.

Good times.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
player_10027.png

José Rivas Out of Action
Monday, March 4th, 2047
The Moscow Mules were dealt a severe blow when José Rivas was hurt throwing a pitch recently in a game against the Dublin Distillers. After the game, the team trainer reported Rivas might have to spend a lengthy time on the disabled list. Today doctors confirmed it, ruling the 27-year-old starting pitcher out for the rest of the season with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament. They indicated it would take Rivas at least 7-8 months to heal.

:crying:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
His name is a combination of Welsh and English, perhaps his European parents were missionaries to Jamaica. Like Canibus, trained to run 20 miles in soft sand.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
P Nobuhito Heida was honored today in Moscow. The 38-year-old left-hander retired from professional baseball on September 10th while in the Australia minor league system. But he is most remembered for his three All-Star years in Moscow, where he pitched from the rotation in 2040-43. Heida signed a 4-year contract with Moscow worth a total of $43,600,000 on 31 December 2039, and helped pitch the Mules into the postseason each of those four years. He signed a contract with Kabul in 2044 but blew out his elbow two weeks into the season. Heida never regained the form of his glory years. He signed a one-year contract with Australia in 2045 but again damaged his pitching elbow. He joined Seoul in 2046 but pitched in exclusively a relief role. He rejoined Australia in 2047 but never left the minors, finishing his career with 30 saves as the closer for the New Zealand Nightwings.

Before playing for the Mules, Heida played with the Bangkok Crushers and the Las Vegas Pac Men. "Best game I ever pitched was against Moscow in 2045," he said. "A 4 hit shutout. It was the only shutout of my career. Moscow would never let me finish games. Australia did. My three complete games were in an All-Whites uniform. Maybe that took a toll on my arm. I never made it through a complete season after that."

"Nobuhito Heida was part of some legendary Moscow rotations," said GM Wendell Gee in the ceremony. "Cesar Marrero, Tadanobu Sasaki, Donald Mason, Soong-yong Ku, Gerard Martin - they were the mainstays of a stubborn Mule defense of the early 2040's."

Heida said his future plans included returning to his family's barbecue restaurant in Guam. "My Aunt Hazel is tired of the restaurant business. I told her just hang on a little longer then I will be there to pick up the slack. She should have a good retirement. She's worked hard for the family."

Best wishes from Moscow, Mr. Heida.

player_7137.png

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Signed an independent league FA named Fu-Po Yang to a minor league contract. Left-hand hitter, no OSA ratings yet, but Howard thinks he could be a roleplayer for us. 50 contact, 55 eye, plus defense infield and outfield. Really happy to find him.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Moscow was light on the postseason awards this year. I've talked about Robles ad nauseum, but it's good to see Dani Gonzales get that Golden Glove.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
RP Brenden Pearcey (AAA Khatukay) retires.

player_10649.png

I was a little irked at first to see this in my inbox, because Pearcey was one of my three decent pitching prospects. Howard scouted him a good bit higher than OSA ratings. However, he had shoulder impingement last season and never did recover from it. Just one of many setbacks this kid had.

PLAYER HISTORY
01/30/2040 Signed a minor league contract out of Virgin Islands with the Moscow Mules organization.
01/01/2041 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 35 (45); Movement: 40 (45); Control: 20 (35).
06/09/2041 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Injured[/BCOLOR] (mild hamstring strain), day-to-day for 2 weeks.
01/01/2042 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 40 (45); Movement: 40 (45); Control: 25 (35).
04/23/2042 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Injured[/BCOLOR] (sore elbow), day-to-day for 3 days.
01/01/2043 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 40 (50); Movement: 45 (50); Control: 30 (45).
01/01/2044 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 55 (60); Movement: 50 (50); Control: 35 (50).
06/05/2044 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Suspended[/BCOLOR] 14 games after ejection following a brawl.
07/18/2044 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Injured[/BCOLOR] (mild calf strain), day-to-day for 3 days.
08/25/2044 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Injured[/BCOLOR] (elbow inflammation), out for 1-2 weeks.
01/01/2045 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 55 (60); Movement: 50 (50); Control: 45 (50).
06/17/2045 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Injured[/BCOLOR] (back soreness), out for one week.
01/01/2046 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 60 (60); Movement: 50 (50); Control: 45 (50).
05/18/2046 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Injured[/BCOLOR] (shoulder soreness), out for 2 weeks.
01/01/2047 OSA scouting updated ratings (potential): Stuff: 60 (60); Movement: 50 (50); Control: 50 (50).
05/27/2047 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Injured (shoulder impingement)[/BCOLOR], out for 4-5 months.
07/19/2047 Signed a 0-year minor league contract extension with the Moscow Mules organization.
08/08/2047 Suffered [BCOLOR=#ffff00]setback[/BCOLOR] in recovery from injury, will miss another 3 months.
10/24/2047 [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Injury setbacks result in end of career.[/BCOLOR]

So a legit retirement. Also when I see a history like this I can't help pulling for the kid.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Leonardo Muñíz Dumps Longtime Agent Over Lack of a New Deal

Leonardo Muñíz announced today that he has fired his longtime agent after frustrations over his lack of a signed deal.

"I was hoping to have started the new year with a deal in place. The fact that we've made no progress by now is frustrating, " Leonardo Muñíz told reporters at a local charity event. "I felt the time had come to make a change."

Wat? He is signed through 2049. I couldn't renegotiate with him if I wanted to.

Gooksta

Leonardo Muñíz Dumps Longtime Agent Over Lack of a New Deal

Leonardo Muñíz announced today that he has fired his longtime agent after frustrations over his lack of a signed deal.

"I was hoping to have started the new year with a deal in place. The fact that we've made no progress by now is frustrating, " Leonardo Muñíz told reporters at a local charity event. "I felt the time had come to make a change."

Wat? He is signed through 2049. I couldn't renegotiate with him if I wanted to.
Just a storyline

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Also weird they don't show up in league history. Is this the first year for them?

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
"Good morning, Comrade. Welcome to the new world order."

Svetlana pushed the curtains back. It was the same Moscow skyline I had seen for five years.

But high up in the pre-dawn darkness was a fiercely shining orb. It wasn't the Moon. It was our new solar power station. Coincidentally at the same latitude as London. Leipzig. Antwerp.

A simple, peaceful power generating station. Named Freedom. Or, in our language, свобода. Receiving two hundred hectares of solar radiation and redirecting it to a one hundred meter radius disk on the earth's surface.

Aimable to any point in the northern hemisphere.

"Available to purchase, highest bidder."

It sounded like a terrible James Bond plot. Even the western press was fixated on the failsafes built into the system. How could it not be? That thing could incinerate New York City in an hour or less.

"Today, highest bidder is Sweden. Tomorrow, who knows? Perhaps North Korea. It is a free market."

When the southern hemisphere station - капитализм - Kapitalism - launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in August, the Russian Federation would have supremacy of the sky.

"Goddammit Svetty. I got shit to do today. Nico wants to get paid. And the boss wants him paid. But he also wants everybody else paid. And you wake me up early for this?"

Svetlana smiled and came to me. "Soon, we will all get - paid. This is what I wanted you to see. Also we have thirty minutes before maid arrives. Is good, yes?"

Was good. Yes.