• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup G (USA USA USA USA)

bruin

and what day is the round of 16 v Belgium? Taco Tuesday..

Jon-Lovitz-Smile-Draw-Curtain-Wedding-Singer.gif

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
So the only way we play anyone but Belgium is if Belgium loses to Korea and Algeria beats Russia? HMMMMM

NML

We'd have to play the game of our lives to have a shot, but it'd be really freaking cool to play Argentina and Messi in the quarters.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
LOL @Yankee151

Have you never seen a live news report from around the world? It takes some seconds for the little bits of info to beam up to the satellite and then back down from the satellite. How have you never seen a delay before?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
LOL @Yankee151

Have you never seen a live news report from around the world? It takes some seconds for the little bits of info to beam up to the satellite and then back down from the satellite. How have you never seen a delay before?
This

Bdub

I hope Bradley is benched against Belgium. He isn't even worth his position on the roster at this point.

Reactions: doh

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
It does slightly feel like we're backing into the knockout round, but nobody in the world would have had us advancing at all before this thing started so whatever.

[raises hand] uhhhh......I've been saying for months we'd get through after going win-draw-lose, and winning the tiebreaker on account of losing to zee Germans less badly than did Portugal.

Once again, TrojanMan has all the answers.

(insert: oh-good-for-yooooou here).

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I hope Bradley is benched against Belgium. He isn't even worth his position on the roster at this point.
And I believe coming into the match he's run more than anyone else in the WC… maybe some Mix but I think Jürgen should seriously consider benching him. It's not like he's taking horribly off shots too he's giving away the ball in our own end a ton.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
His passing has just been worse than usual. He wasn't as bad today, but still not great. We need him in there against Belgium. I think we can get an advantage against that Belgian midfield, and I think they'll have a lot of trouble with a box to box runner like Bradley.

WingedHelmet

Bradley poor again, but for all you clamoring for him to be replaced; with who? Mix? Wondo and push Dempsey to the #10 role? Neither option gives us anything better than Bradley on his current form. Klinsmann's only play is to keep putting him in there and hoping he gets his head out of his ass.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Eh if you've watched the first three matches and think Bradley hasn't been a huge liability then more power to you. It's not like he's a winger/forward where his mistakes just give the ball away. He's given away the ball in dangerous places via the pass AND his stones first touch. He's screwed up attacks too. He could just be extremely tired (he's covered more ground than anyone I believe).

The other issue I have is he plays so deep that when the ball goes up to Dempsey he barely ever had anyone to play it off of. Maybe try out Mix where Bradley is now. I just think you at least have to consider it.

Also interesting how "traffic" cancelled the scrimmage between the US and Belgium that was suppose to take place.

EDIT: Yes Bradley has covered the most distance by over a km. US has three of the top 15 distance covered (Jones/Beckerman too). Fresh legs might help out MF too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Fresh legs? This is the knockouts. Put your best players out there. If you wanted to rest anyone, today was the time to do it.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Anybody who thinks Belgium will push our shit in on Tuesday has obviously failed to realize the huge coaching mismatch that is Klinsmann vs Wilmots.

And what is it gonna take to get Mix some playing time?

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
If it does end up being Belgium in the next round.......

I like the matchup. Player for player, they're the more talented team. No question. But if you want to compare them to Portugal and Germany, they're definitely more similar to Portugal. Ridiculously good LW is the star. Striker is big and strong but not a world beater. RW is fast and flashy, but not as good as the LW. Attackers like to dribble and go at defenders 1-on-1. Midfield 3 is talented, can go box-to-box, can play physically or with finesse, etc. Belgium's back line and keeper are better than the defensive setup we saw from Portugal, though.

In other words, I think the setup and tactics we used against Portugal can be successful against Belgium as well.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Caro Cristiano Ronaldo,

Você é um herói para todos nós. Vá em frente, meu jovem.

Atenciosamente,
O Hachiko.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So was it just me or did Germany just look like they were completely toying with the US like a high school kid playing a 6th grader in 1 on 1?