• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup Group A (BRA CRO MEX CAM)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Chicarito is maybe my least favorite Mexican player currently. He's suppose to be good yet I've never seen him do anything in international play.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Holy hell that was a dirty tackle by Silva. That should be a red, but no refs have the balls to actually enforce the rule like that. From behind, caught trailing leg, both feet off the ground. Ugh.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Ochoa has been pretty damn good… don't remember him being this good at ball stopping.

Also I don't know if @BearDownUofA has said this yet but these Mexican jerseys are brutal.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Why does anyone shoot on free kicks? Why not work something smarter out if you don't have Pirlo? It is like 1/200 I swear.

Chase

Time to play David Luiz at striker. Fernandinho is their best CM and won't see any time. Corny.

Chase

JESUS OCHOA

BqW_5wqIgAEFtlX.jpg

Wooly

It was weird to find myself rooting for Mexico. Usually I love to watch them lose just because their nation takes it so hard. It was especially fun to watch the US beat Mexico a decade ago because Mexico would be absolutely crushed when they lost. Good times.

However, when to comes to Mexico vs Brazil, there is no contest. It's much funner to think how hard Brazil will take losses considering how invested they are in soccer and that they are hosting the World Cup.

Brazillian tears = shadenfreude.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
It was weird to find myself rooting for Mexico. Usually I love to watch them lose just because their nation takes it so hard. It was especially fun to watch the US beat Mexico a decade ago because Mexico would be absolutely crushed when they lost. Good times.

However, when to comes to Mexico vs Brazil, there is no contest. It's much funner to think how hard Brazil will take losses considering how invested they are in soccer and that they are hosting the World Cup.

Brazillian tears = shadenfreude.

On the one hand, CON-CA-CAF! CON-CA-CAF! CON-CA-CAF!

On the other hand, Brazil flaming out early would sap a lot of enthusiasm for this World Cup. So go Brazil!

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Gentlemen's agreement football. Two regulars conspiring to kick out two teams the USA can take to the cleaners in Croatia and Cameroon.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Ochoa has been pretty damn good… don't remember him being this good at ball stopping.

Also I don't know if @BearDownUofA has said this yet but these Mexican jerseys are brutal.
Adidas has consistently awful this World Cup. They've taken FIFA's request that teams have the option of an all-dark kit and an all-light kit to mean that teams must wear monochrome. Thus, you see Germany in all-white instead of white-black-white, Spain in all-red instead of red-blue-red, Argentina not wearing their usual black shorts, etc. etc.

Nike sure as hell isn't perfect either but Adidas has just screwed the pooch this time around.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Hachiko is off his fucking rocker today
I'm fine with Brazil and Mexico going through from this group. They're brand names, they've got swag, etc. Unlike Croatia and Cameroon.
Also, I've been off my rocker since August 2, 1984, kella. So much that I destroyed it at the ripe old age...of 1. True story.

Last edited:

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Adidas has consistently awful this World Cup. They've taken FIFA's request that teams have the option of an all-dark kit and an all-light kit to mean that teams must wear monochrome. Thus, you see Germany in all-white instead of white-black-white, Spain in all-red instead of red-blue-red, Argentina not wearing their usual black shorts, etc. etc.

Nike sure as hell isn't perfect either but Adidas has just screwed the pooch this time around.

Germany's all-whites looked awesome. And in general, I think all-whites, all-blacks, all-greens, etc. look pretty good on soccer uniforms. I don't like it as much on football uni's though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Germany's red-blacks look good too. They are a German company, maybe they only wanted them to look good. That wouldn't explain Nike making us look like crap though.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'm fine with Brazil and Mexico going through from this group. They're brand names, they've got swag, etc. Unlike Croatia and Cameroon.
Also, I've been off my rocker since August 2, 1984, kella. So much that I destroyed it at the ripe old age...of 1. True story.

Just so you know, Croatia have placed higher in a World Cup than Mexico has. Suker, Prosinecki, Boban, Kovac, Jarni, etc. would like you to just shut up for once.

Oh, and Cameroon has also been the most successful African team in WC play. 1990 quarter finalists and have been at seven tournaments.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Germany's all-whites looked awesome. And in general, I think all-whites, all-blacks, all-greens, etc. look pretty good on soccer uniforms. I don't like it as much on football uni's though.
Not when it's traditional for a team to not wear monochrome. Germany has always worn black shorts with their white jerseys in World Cup play. This is just Adidas being Adidas, by which I mean they're being a second-rate shitty kit manufacturer.

Reactions: doh

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Just so you know, Croatia have placed higher in a World Cup than Mexico has. Suker, Prosinecki, Boban, Kovac, Jarni, etc. would like you to just shut up for once.

Oh, and Cameroon has also been the most successful African team in WC play. 1990 quarter finalists and have been at seven tournaments.
I've already told you who I want to go out of the group, and I'm not changing it.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
What in fuck?!?

Anyway, I'm gon Beardown and say I agree that traditional kits are bettah.

Tmang, you wouldn't want USC to go with an all-Cardinal uniform if Adidas wanted them to, amirite? I mean, it's okay if a team like Arizona wants to dress up like a high school team in monochrome, but international soccer, like CFB, have traditional powerhouses with traditional kits that are readily identifiable. Brazil's yellow shirts/blue shorts combo. Holland's orange. Germany's White and Black. Italy's blue. England's red, and Argentina's striped white and blue. It pisses me off when some faggoty twink gay ass motherfucker from an apparel company who has probably no knowledge of the traditions of soccer decides to play reel-life dress-up dolls. Fuckers!