• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Trade Wars Discussion

NML

My team just refuses to hit, so tons of players for sale:

Sal Lynch, C
Cody 'Yard Man' Gilbert, 2B
David Gonzalez, 3B
Dante Waterman, CF
Patricio 'Sugar Bear' Roviva, SP
Leonardo 'Turtle' Muniz, RP
Gael 'Fang' Jabiri, RP
Ed Weaver, CL

All the bats have been 2-3 WAR players over the past few seasons. Pitchers are decent. I also have Marvin Randull in AAA who can be respectable at SS, and utility guy Miguel Flores.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_8051.html

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_8560.html

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Daily "anyone got a corner OF out there" post.

Also if you need to cum dumster salaries/need cash I have $35m in room and tons of cash.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Bit presumptuous.

Don't think you'll get much interest until we see the class.

I think this is the next to last class from 16 so it'll probably be another turdfest like the past couple. If I were you @Bdub I would tank hard if you really want 1-1 'cause I didn't try hard enough and wound up with 1-2 which no one values more than a AAAA player.

Wooly

Bit presumptuous.

Don't think you'll get much interest until we see the class.
We need to turn this into futures options for draft picks. I take an option on bdubs 2058 1-1, with the choice of either the draft pick or any player not in the Top 5 WARS on his team. Something like that.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
cfburbanmeyer_zpsdmdsw360.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Anyone want the FA I got Tony Gonzalez? Career .318 hitter with great gap power hasn't worked out for me. Would eat his salary this year (in cash or salary back).

Also OF Gareth Batty had a .883 OPS last year... Willing to deal him.

TonyGin&Juice

Not really tho

Outside of the draft with Midnight Toaster and Coma these past couple of drafts have been 1-1 (boom or bust) and then a bunch of turds. The guys going at 1-2 are just as bad as the guys going at 1-18. What's odd this year is that multiple guys are regenerations (look at some of the histories), which is really odd.

TonyGin&Juice

This is the best draft in years, some of you just retarded

There are some guys that might be ok 2-3 WAR players in 4-5 years but, outside of Cross, there are no elite impact players again this draft. Last year there weren't any since Gold Mine is likely going to be an ok LF with good contact and no power (i.e. a worse version of Kievit without the injuries) and that's if he doesn't become a bust. If you think there's elite talent outside of 1-1 I'm sure you'd be trying to move up in the draft instead of getting ready to spin up yarns about fifth round SPREADSHEET WARRIORS.

TonyGin&Juice

He's a low power DH so maybe so.

According to OSA, sure, but look at what he's doing in the actual game. My scout has his power ceiling at 80 and his current power at 65. At 20 years old he's pounding AA pitching like a $2 whore. He's got a solid supporting cast around him, but look at what he's doing right now and you'll see why I'm going with my scout over OSA (the same happened with Ploeg).

...there are actually players who can play positions this year.

Travis is definitely right on this. Even though this is a 16 generated draft pool a lot of the top tier talent can actually play defense, which is an improvement over the past drafts. It helps a lot of these guys aren't HSers, which could help on the development window front too if you're looking for 2-3 years away guys instead of 4-6.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
There are some guys that might be ok 2-3 WAR players in 4-5 years but, outside of Cross, there are no elite impact players again this draft. Last year there weren't any since Gold Mine is likely going to be an ok LF with good contact and no power (i.e. a worse version of Kievit without the injuries) and that's if he doesn't become a bust. If you think there's elite talent outside of 1-1 I'm sure you'd be trying to move up in the draft instead of getting ready to spin up yarns about fifth round SPREADSHEET WARRIORS.
You are nuts. Gold Mine is legit.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
but you guys already know that, you are just bitching and saying you wanna trade out, but then you only want unicorns in return for the picks you just said were so shitty. v

TonyGin&Juice

You are nuts. Gold Mine is legit.

I sincerely hope Gold Mine lives up to his potential (both OSA and my scout have him as legit but in different ways) but he wasn't great defensively when he was drafted, which was my point. Now, he has improved at LF since the season has started but if he were a true CFer I wouldn't be saying dumb shit like this, because, hitting wise, he is legit. Who knows, I would love it if he turned out to be a LF like Alex Gordon, pre-steroids Barry Bonds, or even a guy like Starling Marte (rangey with a great arm, good power, killer contact and speed) but I'd be ok with a Kievit type guy with better D too.

Does anyone think he could be a CFer though? I'm legitimately curious if anyone else thinks that's possible (I don't).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
No, he was never a legit CF but that doesn't matter, lol. Stop paying attention to listed positions. He'll be fine in LF (Better than Plug) and he'll be a great hitter.

TonyGin&Juice

but you guys already know that, you are just bitching and saying you wanna trade out, but then you only want unicorns in return for the picks you just said were so shitty. v

I'm saying I'd prefer to trade two firsts for a cost controlled starter that's better than the guys in my rotation right now. That does appear to be an exercise in futility/unicorn search so I'm just going to draft Thao Nguyen at 1-2 and whatever pitcher is still available at 1-9.

No, he was never a legit CF but that doesn't matter, lol. Stop paying attention to listed positions. He'll be fine in LF (Better than Plug) and he'll be a great hitter.

No shit, why do you think I put him at LF? I'm asking others since you and I have discussed this at length before. Ploeg is Johnny Damon without the cool hair or crazy swing, he's going to be a DH in a season or two.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm not going to argue with you on this, because I agree that there is less quantity (though they can all play positions instead of being trog bats). MUCH better quality though, and that's what you fucks at the top of the draft are bitching about, so I don't get it. Legit CF and SS prospects for the first time in years and ya'll bitchin.

10 position capable players > 30 Trog bats.

TonyGin&Juice

I'm not going to argue with you on this, because I agree that there is less quantity (though they can all play positions instead of being trog bats). MUCH better quality though, and that's what you fucks at the top of the draft are bitching about, so I don't get it. Legit CF and SS prospects for the first time in years and ya'll bitchin.

10 position capable players > 30 Trog bats.

I'm whining because there's only one legit starter that's not a penny stock hoe, so calm down. That most of these guys can actually play a position (and not just 1B) and more than a few also have contact ceilings of 60 or above does make this a good draft for POSITION players. For pure bats or starting pitching not so much, but for complete POSITION players, yeah, you're right, it is a solid draft.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It wouldn't be a draft without bitchin.

I lost Niqab for like 9 months, so that's fun.

TonyGin&Juice

It wouldn't be a draft without bitchin.

I lost Niqab for like 9 months, so that's fun.

I really hope the drafts that '17 generate have some better starting pitching prospects. Travis is right this draft does have "solid" position players, but it's light (again) on starting pitching outside of 1-1.